Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
MYM
2018.01.07 09:07

4602_ "Then I Order You, Do It!"

Views 623 Comment 0

20180107_MYM.jpg

From the auto-biography of Br. Kramar (1919-2007), 'A Brother to Asians'

By Our Own Correspondent

Mandalay, Myanmar, 7 January 2018 -- For the MYM Viceprovince is now a special time of collecting first preliminary materials for the possible cause of Beatification of Fr. Fortunato Giacomin (1920-2000).

One of the most mobile missionaries, Slovanian Salesian Brother Jozef Kramar (1919-2007) offers in his Auto-Biograpy 'A Brother To Asians' [Ed. Don Bosco Press, Inc - Manila, 2001, 64 pages] a moving testimony of strong faith, dynamic fraternal life during his stay in Mandalay community (Burma - Myanmar) before he was expelled in 1966. That time Fr. Giacomin was his Rector and Br. Kramar was in charge of the Furniture Department in Don Bosco Technical School.

'But what was bothering us for a long time, was a badly needed boarding house for about 200 boarders.

On a bright morning, during my lesson of drafting, the Rector entered our classroom, he listened for some time to my lesson, and then he approached me and asked me 'Why don't you make the plan for the boarding house?' - "Father, I'm not an architect," was my simple answer.... He smiled and said, "Yout can always go bit out of your way!" At the end of the month, with the cooperation of my students, the plan was drawn and presented to him...

But each contractor was asking over 300.000 kyats and we had only 100.000 kyats available. When I informed the Rector, he looked at me as usually did and then he asked me "Why don't you do it?" I was quite excited and said to him, "Father, you know that I'm not a contractor, I can't do it! I'm only a furniture makes, you know that..." With his calmness and kindness, he interrupted, "Yes! Brother, I know that, and I also know, that you are not an architect, and yet, you have make the plans for this wonderful building".

"Yes, Father, I said, "I have made the plans because you ordered me." - "So, then... I order you." He smiled and put his hand on my shoulder as he said, "Go ahead, and God will bless your work!" And God did bless our work and did help us out.... On the Feast of the Immaculate Conception in 1962, there was the blessing of the corner corner stone and the next year on the same feast, there was blessing of the completed four story boarder's building to the happiness and joy of all..."

The Chronicle of the Don Bosco Technical school points: "In 1957, Fr. Fortunato Giacomin, who succeeds Fr. Balocco, continues the expansion programme: in 1958, he builds 400 feet, two-storey building of the school for day scholars and in 1962-63 a new spacious four‑storey ferroconcrete building. Thus undoubtedly the Salesians come to have the best school in Mandalay, merely for its buildings, but especially for the excellent results and discipline. During Fr. Giacomin's rectorate the number of pupils increased from 1200 to about 1800."

Br. Jozef Kramar, originally from Slovenia, was a missionary in India, Burma, Philippines (Don Bosco Boys Town-Cebu and Tondo-Manila) and Papua New Guinea (Araimiri, Vunabosco, Kumgi and East Boroko). He passed away in Ljubljana in 2007.

We pray, that many Salesians and Friends of Don Bosco will provide their personal testimonials about the life of Fr. Giacomin. We pray for the health of Fr. Joachim Ye Maung who is in charge to collect the first preliminary Dossier about this excellent Salesians.

Related materials:

20180107_MYM1.jpg

20180107_MYM2.jpg

20180107_MYM3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4615(II)_Still Christmas in Cebu

Cebu prepares the Feast of Santo Nino By Fr. Nioret Geronimo Jr, SDB Cebu, the Philippines, 15 January 2018 -- Christmas is longest in the Philippines, starting as early as September when we start hearing Christmas tunes aired on the radio ...
    Date2018.01.19 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1201 file
    Read More
  2. 4615(I)_Workshop on social communication organized by association of Salesian Cooperators

By Fr. Chinh Pham, SDB K’Long, Vietnam – In two days, January 13-14, 2018, a workshop on social communication was held at the Salesian community of K’Long by the Association of Salesian Cooperators, Vietnam Province. Around 30 participants ...
    Date2018.01.19 CategoryASC Reply0 Views5322 file
    Read More
  3. 4614(II)_"Basketball is our encounter and sharing"

53rd Don Bosco Youth Basketball Tournament By Fr. Bosco Park, SDB Gwangju, Korea, 14 January 2018 -- The 53rd edition of the Don Bosco Basketball Tournament in Gwangju was held in the days of January 12-14, 2018. The Youth event was organiz...
    Date2018.01.18 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views828 file
    Read More
  4. 4614(I)_Friendship football games in Don Bosco Cat Dam

North Viet Nam By Minh Tam, SDB Cat Dam, Viet Nam, 14 January 2018 -- On last Sunday, Jan 14, 2018 was a really a blessed and joyfull day for all the yung in youth center in Cat Dam Salesian community. This was the day of football games in ...
    Date2018.01.18 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1117 file
    Read More
  5. 4613(II)_Discerning Youth Ministers: SYNAG 2018

Salesian Youth and Animators’ Gathering (SYNAG) By Ms Jessa Mariel Dela Peña SYM-FIN Junior Youth Leader Mabalacat, Pampanga, 15 January 2018 -- “Let your light shine!”— the battle cry of every Salesian Youth and Animators’ Gathering (SYNAG...
    Date2018.01.17 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views3724 file
    Read More
  6. 4613(I)_The Impact of Social Media Communication on Youth in the era of Globalization

First National Conference of GEX in Timor-Leste By Mr. Alberto Piedade Dili, Timor Leste, 14 January 2018 -- GEX (Don Bosco Young Alumni) Timor-Leste has recently nominated three responsible members namely: Mario Martinho, Americo Valentim ...
    Date2018.01.17 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views990 file
    Read More
  7. 4612(II)_'To Strengthen our commitment in Salesian Mission'

Visit of the Rector Major in ITM Vice-province (January 30 - February 7) By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 16 January 2018 -- Also this year the Rector Major has chosen to celebrate the Solemnity of St. John Bosco not at the Valdocco of Turin (...
    Date2018.01.16 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1140 file
    Read More
  8. 4612(I)_Servant of God Fr. Charles Braga - Selected Letters published

By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 15 January 2018 -- The formal process of Beatification of the Servant of God, Fr. Charles Braga (1889-1971) is going on at diocesan level still collecting the testimonials and with the work of the historical co...
    Date2018.01.16 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1020 file
    Read More
  9. 4611_Don Bosco opens again the doors to fire victims in Pasil

Fire in Pasil Barangay, Cebu (FIS) By Joint SC-YM Team Cebu, the Philippines, 14 January 2018 -- In the afternoon hours of Sunday, January 14 erupted rather strong fire in Barangay Pasil (three Sitios were affected: Riverside, Maharlika and...
    Date2018.01.15 CategoryFIS Reply5 Views2443 file
    Read More
  10. 4610(II)_Dream of Don Bosco Past Pupils in Panay

Sharing the dreams of the Salesian Family By Don Bosco Past Pupils Iloilo, the Philippines, 11 January 2018 -- The Don Bosco Alumni (DBTI Victorias) of Panay are grateful to Fr. Godofredo Atienza, FIS Provincial and the members of the FIS P...
    Date2018.01.14 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views998 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 539 Next
/ 539