?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1384 Comment 0

20160126_GIA.jpg

By Fr. Ambrosio Da Silva, SDB

Hamamatsu, Japan, 26 January 2016 - For thousands of reasons to be disciple of Jesus in Japan is not-so-easy, indeed the 1999 Salesian Mission Day launched by Fr. Odorico was entitled: ‘The challenging Proclamation of Christ in Japan’. There is about one million of Catholics, with more than 50% of them being migrants from many different nations. Majority of the Catholic migrants are Brazilians with Japanese roots. The most recently arrived missionary confrere to Japan province, Fr Ambrosio da Silva Lucas arrived from Timor Leste just two weeks ago. He joins the multicultural parish community of Hamamatsu and is getting settled.

His rector Fr Angel is deeply impressed: ‘For the first time Ambrosio experienced snow and real winter. He entered our environment very easily. Already since last Monday he started to study Japanese language. You feel immediately that he has facility for languages. Is able already to celebrate the Eucharist in Japanese (in ‘romaji = Romanized Japanese script). There are 8 volunteers who helped him in the language studies. He looks at home. We have no difficulty in communications, since we speak in portugués-portuñol. Next Tuesday we will go to greet our bishop in Yokohama’.

Fr Ambrosio is also very keen to share his first days of missionary life. Although he was already a student in the Philippines for past four years, this is another special chapter of his life:

“It has been 10 days since I arrived here in the land of Samurai, the second homeland of Venerable Fr Vincent Cimatti. Everything is different and new especially as I was told many time before arrival, I’m encountering this new and cultural shock (the weather, the food, the language…). At the moment I’m struggling with the Japan winter weather now.

But I always thank God and Don Bosco for keeping us Salesians in ONE culture and ONE spirit. I can really feel in these days the culture of "Family" with the spirit of "Joy" that our father Don Bosco is cultivating in us. I was welcomed by the Japan Provincial, Fr Mario and the Provincial secretary Fr Sato and stayed in Tokyo Provincial house for three days.

Right now I am in Hamamatsu City with my rector, Fr Angel Yamanouchi and Fr Evaristo Higa and orienting myself into the beauty of this SDB community that is serving different migrant communities with their respective languages: Portuguese, Japanese, Spanish, English and Tagalog. Since last Monday I celebrate every night at 8 PM the Eucharist for the faithful in Japanese language. Of course the other confreres - Fr Angel or Fr Evaristo are always with me. It is not easy to advance in the Japanese language. However I firmly believe and trust in the power of the Holy Spirit and of Mother Mary Help of Christians. Indeed this is not my Mission or our mission but HIS Mission! I give thanks to God for this opportunity to be a missionary, Salesian missionary in Japan!’

I was deeply touched by the Good Night Talk of Mother Teresia Furuki of the Caritas Sisters of Jesus (AustraLasia news 3874, January 17). I want to say, that her experience is very true. Last Friday (my first day in Hamamatsu), Fr Higa called me to pray and bless a young man (22 years old) who committed a suicide.”

Arigato gozaimasu.

20160126_GIA1.jpg

20160126_GIA2.jpg

20160126_GIA3.jpg

Tokyo Provincial House

20160126_GIA4.jpg

Mother of Fr. Lucas da Silva

20160126_GIA5.jpg

Lucas da Silva in Timor Leste

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4847(III)_Discerning for a Life of Service

Wantok Bosco 2018 By Ms. Jessa Mariel Dela Peña Photos: Jessa Mariel Dela Peña, Palep Bigiglen, Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 9 September 2018 -- Bosconians from Salesians schools came together for the first Wantok Bosco celeb...
    Date2018.09.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1769 file
    Read More
  2. 4847(II)_For ever with Don Bosco for the young

The Perpetual profession of Cl. Dominic Trần Đức Thành, SDB, Vietnamese missionary in Uruguay By Fr. John Baptist Trần Ngọc Phát, SDB Montevideo, Uruguay -- On September 8, 2018, the Salesian Province of Uruguay (Montevideo - URU) celebrate...
    Date2018.09.11 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1184 file
    Read More
  3. 4847(I)_I love you, Salesians!

We, Salesian Cooperator, dream about Salesian who has always time for the young! By Mr. Wichai Srisura, ASC Bangkok Thailand, 3 September 2018 -- In his letter dated May 24, 2018 Fr. Angel Ferndandez Artime convoked the 28th General Chapter...
    Date2018.09.11 CategoryASC Reply0 Views633 file
    Read More
  4. 4846(II)_"We run for the blind!"

Privileged to run together with the blind in Thailand - 6th edition By Bro. Joseph Suwan, SDB Bangkok, Thailand, 9 September 2018 -- Last Saturday was organized already the 6th edition of the "Run for the Blind". This running event was orga...
    Date2018.09.10 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1315 file
    Read More
  5. 4846(I)_Three challenges to the Salesian Cooperators in Thailand North East

Salesian Cooperators are growing in the North East of Thailand By Our Own Correspondent Udonthani, Thailand, 9 September 2018 -- In the Sunday afternoon of September 9 some 25 Salesian Cooperators of North East of Thailand gathered in Don B...
    Date2018.09.10 CategoryASC Reply0 Views985 file
    Read More
  6. 4845(II)_The face of new Salesian missionaries 2018

The new missionary course of the 149th expedition started at Sacro Cuore By Cl. Paul Bao, SDB (VIE) RMG, 9 September 2018 -- Four weeks before the 149th Salesian Missionary Expedition (Valdocco, September 30) the new missionaries are alread...
    Date2018.09.09 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1477 file
    Read More
  7. 4845(I)_Join hands in serving the youth of Laos

15 years of dedicated service to Lao youth By Our Own Correspondent Vientiane, Laos, 8 September 2018 -- Since last 2004, more than 1000 young people from all corners of Lao PDR (Peoples Democratic Republic) received a good preparation for ...
    Date2018.09.09 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1063 file
    Read More
  8. 4844(II)_Salesians are following the path of fidelity

Rector major's greeting as GC28 fast approaches By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 8 September 2018 -- On the Feastday of Nativity of Our Lady, September 8, the Rector Major, Fr. Angel Fernandez Artime released his letter included in the Acts of...
    Date2018.09.08 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1329 file
    Read More
  9. 4844(I)_Salesian Youth serving Youth - FIS 2018-2019 Leadership

Newly elected Salesian Youth Movement (FIS) 2018-2019 By FIS SC Cebu, the Philippines, 7 September 2018 -- Don Bosco Technical College-Cebu Inc., 01 September 2018. A SALESIAN YOUTH MOVEMENT is basically a movement that is for the young and...
    Date2018.09.08 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1010 file
    Read More
  10. 4843_Vibrant Salesian community of Hua Hin Salesian school

At the heart of large educative - pastoral community of Hua Hin By Our Own Correspondent Hua Hin, Thailand, 6 September 2018 -- After seventy years from foundation of Salesian school in Hua Hin, thousands of Past Pupils spread the voice abo...
    Date2018.09.07 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1410 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 537 Next
/ 537