?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160226_EAO.jpg

By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB
EAO Regional Councilor

EAO - In two days time we will welcome for the first time the new Rector Major, Fr. Angel, in East Asian part of our Region! Last year the Rector Major had a chance to get know the complete Oceania part (PNG, Solomon Islands, Fiji, Samoa, New Zealand and Australia) of the EAO region. This time the first touch with East Asian cultures and Salesian works will start from Cambodia (THA: Feb 28-March 2) through the Philippines North (FIN: March 4-6), EAO provincials meeting (March 7-8) and will end in Cebu (FIS province, March 9-11).

What does mean for us this first visit of the 10th Successor of Don Bosco in our East Asian part of our region? First of all besides the joy and festive atmosphere we approach Fr. Ángel as sons meeting their father to share with simplicity our life and listen to his sharing as well. He asked to have enough time (2 hours) for meeting the Salesians in each country or province he does visit. Secondly it’s a good opportunity for us to deepen the sense of belonging to the world SDB community (Constitutions art.59). Last but not the least it’s also a good chance to share with the Rector Major our dreams and challenges in the mission.

From the arrival to Phnom Penh (THA - Cambodia delegation) on February 28, until the departure from Cebu (FIS province) on March 11, there are 13 full days of interaction with many of Salesians, Salesian Family members, Lay Mission Partners and Youth. From the missionary frontiers of Thailand-Cambodia-Laos province up to the Philippines, the largest Catholic population country in Asia, Fr. Angel will experience the large differences of cultures, religions and expressions of Salesian Charism. From Angkor Wat Temple in Cambodia to Santo Nino Shrine in Cebu, from the frontline missionary places to the inter-provincial formation houses in the Philippines - we are excited to welcome and share with the tenth successor of Don Bosco!

During next two weeks our Rector Major will have the opportunity to meet for two full days also all EAO provincials and superiors of the delegations in Batulao Don Bosco Retreat House (FIN - Manila).

We pray for the first fruitful animation visit of the Rector Major in East Asia!

Welcome, Fr. Ángel!

20160226_EAO1.jpg

20160226_EAO3.jpg

20160226_EAO4.jpg

20160226_EAO2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • Sr. Sarah Garcia 2016.02.26 23:05
    Accompanying the Rector Major with my prayers in His visits to Cambodia and Philippines. Both places are so meaningful to me. 
    God bless.
    sr. Sarah Garcia

1. 4868(II)_We educate for change, but our mission remains constant 0

2. 4868(I)_Intercultural Salesian formation house in Sampran 0

3. 4867(III)_Go out to share Christ with all! 0

4. 4867(II)_Starting the missionary month afresh with St Thérèse of the Child Jesus 0

5. 4867(I)_“Lord, send me.” 1

6. 4866(II)_We are in the hands of God and walking with Jesus 0

7. 4866(I)_Lord, send me! 0

8. 4865_Each coffee bean can tell a story! 1

9. 4864(II)_A new missionary frontier in the North of Thailand? 0

10. 4864(I)_This will get you through 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 537 Next
/ 537