?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180918_THA.jpg

Interview with Laos - Vientiane Don Bosco VTC student

By Fr. Patricio Maccioni, SDB

Vietnaine, Laos, 17 September 2018 -- Mr. Kasanya is a young energetic and determined man, 23 years old, sixth in a family of 8 siblings (four sisters and four brothers) born in a small village some 700 km far from the Laos capital of Vientiane. He isone of the 143 Don Bosco students and 62 boarders, who are living together with a small SDB community, Rector Fr. Patrick Maccioni.

Can you tell us about your family background?

My father is a retired medical doctor, who did his studies in Vietnam, now lives at home. And my mother is a farmer in a small village in Northern province of Laos, close to the Vietnam boarder.

How was your life before coming to Vietniane - Don Bosco?

My schooling was simple unifinished senior high school. Due to the family situation (lived in a small rented house since 12 years of age) close to the school, ended the high school without a diploma. My favourite subject was a Laos history, I used to write a lot and read history books. During my free time i like to play guitar, as self-learner I continue to play also here in Don Bosco.

How did you know Don Bosco Youth Vocation Training Center?

My elder brother studied in Don Bosco in 2010 with a diploma, he introduced me Vientiane VTC. I have chosen the automechanic deparment. Before coming here I have worked already in automechanic shop for two years in the far South province, Champasak. As a poor person was looking for some possible job.

How do you feel here in Don Bosco?

I'm happy and satisfied, I love to be in Don Bosco, since the whole group of trainees makes a family environment. This atmosphere is conducive for our growth and help to get some skills needed in my future life.

And your future life dreams?

After graduation I try to find work, earn money and start own life. I would prefer to start in the South, Pakse, since there is more work than in the North and also the weather is not very cold. In my homeplace (Northern Laos) there are even now few cars and very few job opportunities. My dream is to live a simpel life with my future wife and three children. I would like to succeed to earn enough for the life of my future family. I have no expectation to become rich, I would like live just as ordinary citizen and help a good education of my children.

And you dream about Don Bosco Vientiane?

Yes, I would love see here more updated equipment in the workshop, some new car models! Our country is developing very fast! And I would like to see many more young people coming here to pursue their dreams, to have a self-sufficient family!

Video about Vientiane Don Bosco Youth Vocation Training Center

Related news article

20180918_THA1.jpg

20180918_THA2.jpg

20180918_THA3.jpg

20180918_THA4.jpg

20180918_THA5.jpg

20180918_THA6.jpg

20180918_THA7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4873(I)_Six educators and 48 children at Bang Sak Don Bosco Home

Journeying with the young, 14 years after the Tsunami in Southern Thailand By By Miss Surarak Chainiramol Lay Mission Partner - responsible for Don Bosco Home Bang Sak, Thailand, 7 October 2018 -- The large and joyful family of Don Bosco Ho...
    Date2018.10.07 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1038 file
    Read More
  2. 4872(II)_Revealing the missionary vocation of the first EAO Salesian

Bishop Louis Versiglia By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 6 October, 2018 -- During the missionary month of October it might be very useful to return to the moment when some Salesian missionary vocations were born. The biography of our China Mar...
    Date2018.10.06 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1236 file
    Read More
  3. 4872(I)_Spirituality Seminar 2018

Caritas Sisters of Jesus energized after their first Rome Spirituality Days By Sr. Letizia Ono, CSJ Rome, 6 October 2018 -- The Caritas Sisters of Jesus have held their first Spirituality Seminar in Rome. It took place from 17-30 September,...
    Date2018.10.06 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1782 file
    Read More
  4. 4871_There is hope

Caritas Technical School, Boroko By Ms Esther Mwayemwana Boroko, PNG, 5 October 2018 -- Ms Esther Mwayemwana hails from the Trobriand Islands (MBP). She has been teaching at Caritas for the past 10 years and has helped several young ladies ...
    Date2018.10.06 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1072 file
    Read More
  5. 4870(II)_Daily prayer of the Rosary during October 2018

Rosary Prayer Request of Pope Francis - October 2018 By Our Own Correspondent Vatican, October 2018 -- The Holy Father has decided to invite all the faithful throughout the world, to pray the Rosary daily during the entire Marian month of O...
    Date2018.10.05 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1323 file
    Read More
  6. 4870(I)_SALVO Awareness in Negros and Borongan

Salesian Lay Volunteers By FIS SC Cebu City, the Philippines, 28 September 2018 -- The Commission on Missions of the Salesians of Don Bosco Philippine South Province has been holding a series of SALVO awareness campaigns in various Don Bosc...
    Date2018.10.05 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views831 file
    Read More
  7. 4869(III)_Committed to Life

St Anne Skill Training Institute, Sideia, Alotau By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Alotau, PNG, 3 October 2018 -- “I have learnt that contraception is against the teaching of the Church. Furthermore, the full implications of side effects that are...
    Date2018.10.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views633 file
    Read More
  8. 4869(II)_"Don Bosco is our father"

Past Pupils who make a difference - Pakkred Center for the Blind By Mr. Savien, EXDB President, Don Bosco Past Pupils, Pakkred VTC for the Blind Pakkred, Thailand, 2 October 2018 -- Almost 80 years (1939-2019) after the foundation of the Pa...
    Date2018.10.04 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views683 file
    Read More
  9. 4869(I)_To become an angel to my peers

Accompaniment among the young By Miss Phyllis Tang Salesian Youth Ministry Coordinator Hong Kong, 30 September 2018 -- In Hong Kong, the schools begin a new academic year in September. The Salesian Youth Ministry Office took this opportunit...
    Date2018.10.04 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1189 file
    Read More
  10. 4868(III)_Salesian reading of the 2018 Synod Working document

Today starts the 2018 Synod of Bishops in the Vatican By Our Own Correspondent Vatican, 3 October 2018 -- Among the 264 Synod 'Fathers' there are also 34 Young people - observers and 16 SDB confreres (priests, bishops and cardinals) and 2 F...
    Date2018.10.03 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1748 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... 537 Next
/ 537