?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20181210_ASC.jpg

Interview with Mr Celestino Yoon, ASC

By Our Own Correspondent

Seoul, Korea, 10 December 2018 -- Mr Celestino Yoon Jeongol was recently congratulated for his long-term contribution to formation at the province level as former ASC Provincial Coordinator and current member of the social communication - formation team.

What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator?

I would say that just as the man in the Gospel parable, who finds a treasure, goes and sells everything he possesses, also as a Salesian Cooperator I left everything in exchange for a happy Salesian Cooperator vocation and life. As Salesian Family members, we receive many treasures, like our everyday spirituality of joy, family spirit, or the ‘bread, work and paradise’ promised by Don Bosco.

At the beginning of my vocation journey I was not a good husband, or a good father to my children, but I realize that I am being transformed little by little, and today I am a little better as a husband and a father than in the past. Also in my home parish I was slowly being transformed as a good Christian. In the Salesian Cooperators Association I feel the responsibility to share these treasures with my fellow Cooperators. I think that this slow transformation of heart reveals my Salesian Cooperator vocation.

What makes the vocation of Salesian Cooperators in Korea grow?

It’s not only about growth in numbers, although we are now almost 600 active members in Korea. In Korea there are many good lay Catholics dedicated to volunteer service for the benefit of others, especially those who consider it very important for there to be good family education of their children. This emphasis on a good educational background offers fertile ground for the Salesian Cooperator vocation. Through appropriate formation they become good parents and are enabled to raise their children with a good education. This effort extends to many who are deeply interested in the inner needs of poor and abandoned youth. Many fervent Catholics become involved in their local Cooperator centres; they encourage and accompany these vulnerable youth and contribute to their human dignity. In this way they realize a new vocation, to become witnesses of Christ’s spirit among the youth and are becoming a part of the Salesian Family.

How has the ASC in Korea grown in autonomy and communion during the past 20 years?

Almost twenty years ago thanks to many committed SDB and FMA Delegates and the growing identity awareness of the Salesian Cooperators, we accepted to host the 5th EAO Salesian Cooperators Congress 2004 in Korea. I think, that thanks to this occasion the autonomy and awareness of our Association grew a lot! The theme of that EAO Congress was ‘Autonomy in Communion’ and from the early stage of preparation, the Cooperators themselves took full responsibility for the Congress organization and finance. I would say that the whole Congress was successful as an instrument for our Association’s growth in autonomy. After the Congress we grew in deeper awareness about our identity, our sense of belonging, and we built up our capacity for autonomy. By this stage we have already achieved full autonomy in financial terms. Then based on joint involvement with SDBs and FMAs we were able to build up complete autonomy in operative terms for our organization. And I believe, that in the future together with the other groups of the Salesian Family we would like to offer our specific contribution to the local Church and society.

What are the main challenges in the growth of the Salesian Cooperators Association?

Yes, Salesian Cooperators of Korea face quite strong challenges regarding their presence in the Church and in civil society. There are many expectations: many expect that we would foster effective education-evangelization rooted in values of Don Bosco’s preventive system in the family or in the parish. And the Salesian Cooperators are looked upon as expert evangelizers rooted in reason, religion and loving kindness. In civil society we are expected to foster more effective educational assistdance to poor and abandoned youth as our core apostolate and mission in each centre!

What is your dream for the future of the Salesian Cooperators Association?

My dream is that in communion with many Salesians the Cooperators would live a happy life, help grow the Salesian charism and grow in Christ in helping the evangelization of the young. My dream is for a more concrete presence of Salesian Cooperators in family ministry, in the Church and within the society. I would expect, both in Korea and within our EAO region, that we would encourage each other and make good progress in the accompaniment of the Salesian Cooperators vocation journey

20181210_ASC1.jpg

20181210_ASC2.jpg

20181210_ASC3.jpg

20181210_ASC4.jpg

20181210_ASC5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4961(II)_"My first task is to form other SDB delegates for Salesian Cooperators"

Interview with Fr John Chong Jaejun, Korea Provincial Delegate of Salesian Cooperators By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 25 December 2018 -- What makes you happy as an ASC Delegate? In my ministry as Provincial Delegate for Salesian Co...
    Date2018.12.26 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views889 file
    Read More
  2. 4961(I)_Salesian Priest Day 2018 in Hong Kong

By Fr Rhomel Mendoza, SDB Hong Kong, 22 December 2018 -- Fr. Joseph Ng, SDB Provincial, with 20 Salesian confreres (13 Salesian Priests and 7 Salesian candidates to the priesthood) met to celebrate the 2018 Salesian Priest Day, as we call i...
    Date2018.12.26 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1275 file
    Read More
  3. 4960(II)_Merry Christmas

EAO Christmas greeting By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 25 December 2018 -- Dear AustraLasia - Boscolink Family, Merry Christmas, and heartfelt wishes for this Feast to all Salesian confreres, Salesian Family members and friends of Don Bosco! ...
    Date2018.12.25 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1134 file
    Read More
  4. 4960(I)_Fifth Congress of Don Bosco Past Pupils Federation

Timor Leste By Mr. Alberto Piedade Fuiloro, Timor Leste, 24 December 2018 -- The National Federation of DB Past Pupils in Timor-Leste held its 5th Congress to elect new leadership and its structure for the National Federation period of 2018...
    Date2018.12.25 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views948 file
    Read More
  5. 4959(II)_Joint Christmas Message from Salesian Family in Thailand

The Salesian Family of Thailand-Cambodia-Laos By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 24 December, 2018 -- For the first time in history the 5 religious Salesian Family groups in THA province (Thailand - Cambodia - Laos) share their Christmas and New ...
    Date2018.12.24 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views785 file
    Read More
  6. 4959(I)_Christmas message from Australia-Pacific Salesians

By Fr William Mathews, SDB Provincial of Australia-Pacific Melbourne, Australia, 24 December 2018 -- Dear Salesian family members and friends of Don Bosco! Christmas is a time of pure wonder; a time of expectation of something good to come,...
    Date2018.12.24 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views714 file
    Read More
  7. 4958_Sharing the Joy of Christmas in Vientiane

Laos - Don Bosco outreaching Christmas gifts By Fr Paul Trung, SDB Vientiane, Laos PRD, 22 December 2018 -- Vientiane, with some 700,000 population has its rich and its poor, as in every other big city. The rapidly developing capital of Lao...
    Date2018.12.23 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views866 file
    Read More
  8. 4957(II)_How can we make our Christmas celebration more meaningful?

Welcoming migrants and refugees - welcoming the Holy Family By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 22 December 2018 -- Jesus, Mary and Joseph: a perfect and complete refugee family is at the centre of our annual Christmas celebration. The Holy Famil...
    Date2018.12.22 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views800 file
    Read More
  9. 4957(I)_Whispering the Gospel at Christmas time?

Thai Salesian schools By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 22 December 2018 -- Christmas time is a good opportunity to 'whisper the Gospel' among those who have never met Jesus face to face. For example, for millions of Filipino overseas workers li...
    Date2018.12.22 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views938 file
    Read More
  10. 4956(II)_A Christmas prayer - for persecuted Christians

By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 21 December 2018 -- Pope Francis often invites us thus: "Let us also think … about our many brothers and sisters today who cannot pray together because they are persecuted for it, who cannot have the book of th...
    Date2018.12.21 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views997 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 538 Next
/ 538