?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160411_GIA.jpg

By Fr. Antonio Takei, SDB
Aspirantate, Japan

Yokkaichi, Japan, April 11, 2016 - In this third interview we listen to one young priest of Vietnamese origin, who is part of the formation team in the Yokkaichi Aspirantate in central Japan, assisting with other 3 perpetually professed members 15 Aspirants - High school students.

As young Salesian you were looking for spiritual direction formation?

Being a young Salesian, there’s always a moment that I look on the spiritual direction as part of my on-going formation. This is a great opportunity to understand my commitment and feel the presence of God in my life. So, I like to share these moments of God’s presence:

During my theological studies, I was accepted in the Tokyo-Sophia University which is administered by the Jesuits. With the help of my professors, I learned various theological subjects, the Scriptures, theological thoughts, history and teachings of the Church. This was led me to understand the presence of God in my life and in the society! In that period, I had spiritual director who guided me to understand some questions regarding my faith and vocation. Especially, in the time of my preparation to say “Yes” forever in the final vows, during my retreats, he helped me so that I was be able to understand deeply my Salesian vocation as deacon and priest. In this way I believed with trust that God called me as He always manifested His presence my life.

As young Salesian priest do you feel confident to offer the service of spiritual direction?

Just being true to myself and to the Salesian community, I believe that every Salesian is looking how he can actively contribute and share our God’s gift for the benefit of all. This self-less sharing of God’s gift shows the totality our following in Christ.

However, to enter serve others in the service of spiritual guide, it does need a deeply grounded experience. I don't feel yet confident that I may be able to perform this kind of ministry. I don’t think further studies are necessary to have an effective spiritual direction; but it does mean a lot.

At this moment I can do, is to be and to live always with young people. I culled out a scriptural verse as a sort of discerning on this regard, “Take courage, it is I, do not be afraid.” (Mk 6:50). This reminds me also that Jesus Christ is always with me and helping me to follow him in the spirit of the Preventive system.

In a typical Salesian environment the community and personal spiritual direction goes together?

I was born in Viet Nam and I came to Japan to stay with my family when I was a teenager. When I was 21 years old I decided to enter the Salesian Congregation. Now, I have been living in the Salesian Congregation for 15 years and have become a priest 4 years ago. I have never any regret, I thank God for making me realized my vocation through the presence of my superiors, my confreres who lived in the same community with me in the past as well in the present community. Looking back, I had never feel being alone or be abandoned from the community where I lived. It was really an experience of Family Spirit as the key characteristic of the Salesian Charism. I give thanks for many senior Salesians who tried to become a friend for me, who were able to walk with me in my journey and conversed with me. It was really like Jesus who walked and conversed with His disciples on the way to Emmaus (Lk 24).

So, considering this question, I could say that I am not able to see God in my eyes but I can see and find Him through my community’s members and also through the people, especially through the youth that I meet in daily experience.

How is the passage from the formation house to the full apostolic experience in the Yokkaichi aspirantate?

In March 2013 I was sent to Yokkaichi community - Aspirantate, established in 1996 and is located in Kyoto Diocese. At present, there are 4 priests and 15 Aspirantats. I'm really happy in my community as a Vice-rector, administrator, teaching in the nearby Catholic school with our Rector, Fr Kitawaga Daisuke, who was ordained two years ahead of me and help us to work as one team. The Aspirants make me understand deeply my Salesian vocation; how to be and to live with the youth. For me, every thing is a privilege from God. Without the presence of God I couldn't do anything. So, I am still in the process of learning.

Any advice to the young Salesians or candidates to the Salesian consecrated life like your Aspirants?

As a young priest, I do not have a lot of experience; but, I will share what have I experienced in my journey.

• As young Salesians we have to make friends with the young people, walk with them and encourage them to achieve a personal relationship with Jesus.
  • As followers of Jesus, we have to imitate Him as we deepen a personal relationship with God through listening to the Word, receiving advice from spiritual director by frequent confession and Eucharist.
  • A members of one specific community, we are not here by accident. We are really called by God, and we love Him such that we decided to left everything for Him. We help each other on this journey.
  • As disciples of Don Bosco we have to be evangelizers of the young in every situation. We learn always from him this attitude: “For you I study, for you I work, for you I live, for you I am ready even to give my life.”

20160411_GIA1.jpg

20160411_GIA2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5336(I)_Faithful Servant - welcome to the house of the Father

ALA_5336 Joyful and faithful disciple of Jesus - Br. Paolino LIN By Province provincial secretary China Province, 11 March 2020 -- Salesian Brother Paul (Paolino) LIN Yin-nien was born in Shanghai on 16 July 1928 and made his first professi...
    Date2020.03.12 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views911 file
    Read More
  2. 5335(II)_How are we facing up to COVID-19 in our Region?

ALA_5335 By our own correspondent EAO Region, 10 March 2020 -- Since January, the Coronavirus (Covid-19) has been making the headlines in all possible media around the world. Indeed worldwide there are only 75 countries (including Myanmar) ...
    Date2020.03.11 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1158 file
    Read More
  3. 5335(I)_Welcome to the Sandor Community 2020!

ALA_5335 By our own correspondent Parañaque, Manila, The Philippines, 10 March 2020 -- There are only four such Salesian communities around the world - Guatemala, Spain-Barcelona, Yaounde-Cameron and Paranaque-Philipines - for the specific ...
    Date2020.03.11 CategoryEAO Reply1 Views1019 file
    Read More
  4. 5334(IV)_Re-imagining Don Bosco

ALA_5334 Annual spiritual retreat for Salesians of Thailand, Cambodia and Laos By SC THA Hua Hin, Thailand - March 2020 -- From 1 to 7 and from 8 to 14 March, the Salesians of the Province of Thailand, Cambodia and Laos (THA) have gathered ...
    Date2020.03.09 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1039 file
    Read More
  5. 5334(III)_PNG: Media seminar highlights importance of environment

ALA_5334 By Abigail Seta DBTI, Port Moresby PNG, 9 March 2020 -- Don Bosco Technological Institute, Boroko; Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu and Caritas Technical Secondary School, Boroko participated at the Media Seminar for nine Catholi...
    Date2020.03.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views495 file
    Read More
  6. 5334(II)_Evangelisation through Soccer school and Salesian Youth Movement

ALA_5334 Two EAO Salesian missionaries among Amazon youth By Fr. Augustin Togo Wasakentsa - Ecuador, 9 March 2020 -- The 'Querida Amazonia' (Beloved Amazonia) Apostolic Exhortation of Pope Francis brings the attention of the universal Churc...
    Date2020.03.09 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views611 file
    Read More
  7. 5334(I)_San Luigi's Chieri Oratory shares its heart!

ALA_5332 Online meeting among Salesians: heart to heart! By our own correspondent EAO - Chieri San Luigi, 8 March 2020 -- Half way from Becchi to Valdocco we find the small town of Chieri, where Don Bosco spent 10 years of his life (1831-18...
    Date2020.03.09 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views568 file
    Read More
  8. 5333(II)_New Manual of the Salesian Rector

ALA_5333 Animating and governing the community By our own correspondent RMG, 8 March 2020 -- After quite a lengthy and participatory process that involved some hundreds of Salesians around the world, we have in our hands the 'provisional' c...
    Date2020.03.08 Reply0 Views707 file
    Read More
  9. 5333(I)_Fiji Salesians are grateful to all benefactors

ALA_5333 Don Bosco Suva multipurpose hall is being completed By Fr. Mika Leilua Nakasi, Suva, Fiji Islands, 7 March 2020 -- 21 years after the arrival of the Salesians in Fiji, 5 years after the visit of the Rector Major to Suva and 3 years...
    Date2020.03.08 Reply0 Views468 file
    Read More
  10. 5332_The invisible and very important ministry in the GC28

ALA_5332 Salesian Translators By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 5 March 2020 -- They are many but not very visible, however their absence is immediately and strongly felt! Who are they? - Salesian Translators in GC28! Every day (and...
    Date2020.03.05 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views709 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 537 Next
/ 537