austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1461 Comment 5

EAO Good Night Talk (59)                                                                 

Cebu-Lawaan, Philippines

February 1, 2019

Santità FS 2017 small.jpg

Do you know our Salesian saints?

Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,

Heartfelt greetings from the FIS Province (Southern Philippines - Pakistan) just after the Salesian month of January that ended yesterday with the Solemnity of Saint John Bosco!

During my Retreat at Colle Don Bosco last month I made a simple resolution to remind myself during this year, 2019, of one of ‘our Saints’ each day. So I have simply started to place one ‘official’ or ‘un-official’ Salesian family saint on my Facebook pages every day with some simple traits of that person and his/her photo.

We began the ‘Salesian month’ of January with the liturgical memory of Blessed Titus Zeman, 8 January, 50 years after his death (1969-2019) with a special Eucharist in the Sacro Cuore Basilica. With him we remembered so many Salesian family members who were and are still living under persecution. What strikes my attention is this: ‘Although we can’t talk about Jesus Christ to the young in many situations, nobody can forbid us to love young people like Jesus Christ did!’ Don’t forget that 70% of our SF Saints or Blesseds are martyrs!

Eleven years ago, during the 26th General Chapter, the entire Congregation was invited ‘to love,  know,  invoke,  imitate and make known’ Don Bosco. But not only Don Bosco, since each of our ‘official’ 173 Salesian Family Saints, Blesseds, Venerables and Servants of God is a priceless treasure to explore – to know better. Indeed, if we don’t know them, we can’t love, we can’t invoke, we can’t imitate and make them known to others. This virtuous chain helps us to grow in faith and in our Salesian vocation. With each holy member of the Salesian Family I come to know a little bit better, I’m being motivated to live my own call with more energy, commitment and joy!

A few months ago, when I went to pray at the Salesian cemetery in Banpong, Thailand, I was surprised by a strong remark from Fr John Lissandrin, who pointed to one grave site saying: ‘This Salesian Brother passed away 30 years ago, but everybody remembers him as a model of the Salesian educator.’ And you can read about his simple life in the AustraLasia news 4555 ‘Contagious – irresistible model of Salesian Assistance’ (October 15, 2018). This remark made me think a lot about the wonderful impact of holy Salesian life on so many people over time.

In this month of February let us discover just one Salesian saint and allow him/her to enter our personal and community life! Have a great journey with our Salesian saints!

Fr. Václav Klement, SDB

EAO Regional Councilor

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2019.01.30 08:53
    Thanks for the goodnight talk. It has been very useful to me and the community.
    Good reflection/ideas!

Regards!

PVito
  • vaclav 2019.01.30 17:08
    Thank you so much for the precious gift of the photos.
    We truly have a good 'cloud' of saints to imitate!
    Viva Gesu!
  • vaclav 2019.01.31 12:45
    ONE VERY INTERESTING AND VERY HONEST FEEDBACK FROM KOREA

Reading your good night talk I realized that I do not know that well about our Saints.

Celebrating the feast day of Don Bosco, I thought to study more about them.
  • vaclav 2019.02.01 09:51
    Grazie, carissimo per il messaggio gradito.
    Auguro una bella conclusione della festa del nostro grande Padre e Fondatore,
    e di continuarne lo spirito nella santità del quotidiano!
    Ogni bene, con fraternità sr FMA
  • vaclav 2019.02.01 14:34
    Thank you so much for your sharing of Good night to me and all.
    We always remember you and praying for you.
    I sharing with the sisters and girls.
    With prayer,
    Sr.Angela and community.

1. 5394_How are we preparing for the 150th Birthday of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco?

ALA_5394 By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 4 June 2020 -- We are about to celebrate the 150th Birthday of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco on 24 June 2020. On that day in 1870 one of the first Valdocco Oratory Boys, Carlo Gastini with ...
    Date2020.06.04 CategoryEXDB Reply1 Views2794 file
    Read More
  2. 5393(II)_Follow up of Pentecost retreat online - SYM Philippines

ALA_5393 Manila - Philippines, 1 June 2020 -- Interview with Fr Juvenal Samia SDB, Salesian Youth Movement How did you come up with the idea of LIT? The SYM Council started the online ministry with "#GOTChu: SYM Online Kamustahan Series....
    Date2020.06.02 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views712 file
    Read More
  3. 5393(I)_Easter spirituality of the Volunteers With Don Bosco (CDB)

ALA_5393 Sharing of Faith during Pandemic Time - CDB of Manila By Fr. Eli Cruz Assistant CDB (Con Don Bosco) secular institute Manila, Philippines, 2 June 2020 -- Since 2014, the few members of the CDB Center (Group) in Manila, Philippines...
    Date2020.06.02 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views606 file
    Read More
  4. 5392(II)_ADMA taking shape in Kumgi PNG

ALA_5392 By Fr. Savio Angelo Sanchez, SDB Kumgi, Papua New Guinea, May 2020 -- From a group of about 20 devotees of Mary Mary, the ADMA (Association Devoted to Mary Help of Christians) in Kumgi is now slowly taking shape. Sr Alice George, ...
    Date2020.06.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views4693 file
    Read More
  5. 5392(I)_What difference do missionary volunteers make?

ALA_5392 By Fr Arun Michael Charles, Missionary animation delegate for Cambodia Don Bosco Technical School, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 31 May 2020 -- Don Bosco Phnom Penh community has received many volunteers from a variety of countries and co...
    Date2020.06.01 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views900 file
    Read More
  6. 5391(II)_“Teach Me To Do Your Will” (Ps 143, 10)

ALA_5386 Ordination to the Diaconate of Five Clerics of the Vietnam Province By Br. John Phuoc, SDB Don Bosco Xuan Hiep Church, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 30 May 2020 -- At 6:30 a.m. on Saturday May 30, the Bishop of Bac Ninh Diocese, Jesu...
    Date2020.05.30 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views628 file
    Read More
  7. 5391(I)_Pentecost Message from Cardinal Charles Bo, SDB (extract)

ALA_5391 Let's Walk in the Spirit! By Cardinal Charles Bo Yangon, Myanmar, 30 May 2020 -- A JOYOUS, HEALTHY AND HAPPY PENTECOST! To all the brothers and sisters gathered in your houses, Happy Feast. This is a significant day. The birthda...
    Date2020.05.30 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views569 file
    Read More
  8. 5390_PGS: Lay Missionary Volunteers make our educative experience complete

ALA_5389 By Fr. Moise Paluku, SDB - Rector Vunabosco Rapolo community, Papua New Guinea, 28 May 2020 -- Interview with Fr Moise Palukku on the volunteer experience at Vunabosco. How was your community experience hosting the volunteers? T...
    Date2020.05.29 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views568 file
    Read More
  9. 5389(III)_The SYM Japan’s Online Prayer Initiatives on the COVID-19 Crisis

ALA_5389 Youthful Prayers shared on the Feasts of St Dominic Savio and St Mary Help of Christians By Mr. Chihiro Okawa, EXDB Tokyo, Japan, 28 May 2020 -- The SYM (Salesian Youth Movement) Japan proposed and implemented two online activitie...
    Date2020.05.28 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views507 file
    Read More
  10. 5389(II)_A Salesian who brought the Gospel among the Thai Scouts

ALA_5389 Fr. Suthep Chornthong - 45 years of faithful religious apostolic life By Fr Joseph Kriengsak Provincial Secretary THA Province Bangkok, Thailand, 27 May 2020 -- Fr John Baptist Suthep Chornthong passed away at 4:50 p.m. on 26 May ...
    Date2020.05.28 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views390 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 537 Next
/ 537