?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5399

20200613_EXDB.jpg

By Fr.Adie Laurensius PRINANTO, SDB 

INA Viceprovince Sumba, Indonesia. 13 June 2020 -- Here are notes of simple sharing with Sumba Don Bosco Past Pupils. Some of them attended the 'Vocational High School' (SMK) and some of them are Alumni of Don Bosco Vocational Training Center (BLK):

How did you get in touch with Don Bosco' form of Education?

- I learned about Salesian Education System starting from the Oratory and continued when I entered Don Bosco Vocational High School.

- I heard it from friends and from the teachers of the TVET - VTC: Vocation Training Center(BLK) of Don Bosco.

- From the introduction about Don Bosco School after the Sunday Mass presided by a Salesian.

- From a practical trainee of that time (Cl Andy Jebarus - now a missionary in Europe) and afterwards when i studied in the VTC.

What do you treasure / give thanks most for in your education received at Don Bosco? - e.g. value, experience, learning, gifts.

- The Moral values being taught by the Salesians, technical knowledge about computers and the educational system which is very useful in everyday life.

- The Moral values being taught, the technical knowledge and the many fun and different kind of activities.

- The values being taught and the education system of Don Bosco.

- The knowledge imparted in the school and the education system of Don Bosco.

- The educational experience there and variety of advice that I received from Brother Ignas, the headmaster of the school.

What kind of experience received thanks to Don Bosco are you sharing in your personal life?

- The education system which emphasized the approach of the heart and not physical violence.

- The value of togetherness in both happy times and sad times.

- The values I received there , e.g. discipline with time, living harmoniously in the family, respecting each other, etc.

- The preventive system of Don Bosco where we use the three pilars of Reason, Religion and Loving Kindness.

- The value of helping others without expecting a reward which I sometimes did when helping others with their electrical problems.

How do you come together or support each other with other DB Alumni?

- Visiting Don Bosco during the Feast of Don Bosco and Mary Help of Christians.

- Through contacts in digital world: Facebook and WhatsApp (DB Alumni group)

- Meeting each other occasionally.

What is your dream, just a few days before the 150th birthday of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco Association?

- I wish that the celebration will run smoothly without any problems.

- I wish that the future life plans of the Alumni will be granted by God.

- I wish that the Alumni of Don Bosco will continue working and help in any possible way to educate other young people to become Bosconians.

- I hope that all the Alumni will be gathered to share more about their activities after they graduated from Don Bosco school.

- I wish that the celebration will run smoothly and many more young people will have more faith in God through Mary and Don Bosco."

We pray that one of the youngest Don Bosco Past Pupil groups in the EAO Region in the Eastern part of Indonesia (located between Bali and Timor Leste) will growth and continue to share their precious journey with Don Bosco.

Art. 5 of the SDB Constitutions for our awareness about how our young people become 'Past Pupils': "...Our past pupils are also members by reason of the education they have received, and the bonds are closer when they commit themselves to take an active part in the Salesian mission in the world."

20200613_EXDB0.jpg

20200613_EXDB1.jpg

20200613_EXDB2.jpg

20200613_EXDB3.jpg

20200613_EXDB4.jpg

20200613_EXDB6.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5410(IV)_Keeping in Touch with the Young as Some Restrictions are lifted in Fiji

ALA_5410 By Bro. Af'ia Enosa, SDB Don Bosco House, Nakasi, Suva, Fiji Islands, 29 June 2020 -- When the government lifted the COVID-19 lockdown and some restrictions, the Brothers went out to meet the young in the villages of Muanikoso and...
    Date2020.06.29 CategoryAUL Reply1 Views2404 file
    Read More
  2. 5410(III)_Gratitude at the Centre: 150th Anniversary of Past Pupils

ALA_5410 By Leslie Mou Brown Don Bosco Past Pupil Port Moresby - Papua New Guinea, 24 June 2020 -- Thank you for those who represented us all and turned up for the Mass on 24 2020, at 5:30pm for the Rosary followed by Mass. In this Past Pu...
    Date2020.06.29 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views474 file
    Read More
  3. 5410(II)_Smart communication also possible for senior Salesians?

ALA_5410 By our own correspondent Rome, 28 June 2020 -- After six months of the Covid-19 pandemic affecting people all around the world, we perceive a strong surge of digital communication as never before. Young and old, poor and wealthy,...
    Date2020.06.29 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views447 file
    Read More
  4. 5410(I)_Two Vietnamese missionary priests ordained in Kenya

ALA_5410 By Fr. Joseph Nguyen Anh ZMB province - Vietnamese missionary Utume-Nairobi, Kenya, 29 June 2020 -- Last Saturday, 27 June, three Salesians were ordained to priesthood in the Interprovincial theologate chapel at Utume (Nairobi, Ke...
    Date2020.06.29 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views931 file
    Read More
  5. 5409(IV)_First Professions of Salesians, Lawaan, Southern Philippines

ALA_5409 By Bro. Jose Miguel Ramirez, SDB Lawaan, Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines, 27 June 2020 -- On June 24, 2020, the Salesian Society St. Francis de Sales welcomed seven newly professed Salesians on the Solemnity of the Nativity of St....
    Date2020.06.27 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views752 file
    Read More
  6. 5409(III)_Okinawa - Who can put the stop to war?

ALA_5409 Peace Message of Japan's Bishops (1945-2020) By Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Japan June 23, 2020 Tokyo, Japan, 27 June 2020 --On the occasion of the 75th anniversary of War's end and 70th anniversary of the start of the Korean ...
    Date2020.06.27 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views475 file
    Read More
  7. 5409(II)_Philippines South: #KabataangSalesianoChallenge

ALA_5409 By Jayriel Cui, SYM-FIS Core Group Lawaan, Talisay City, Cebu, The Philippines, 27 June 2020 -- Last March 2020, the SYM-FIS Core Group initiated activities through the social media since the nation had been placed under community...
    Date2020.06.27 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views510 file
    Read More
  8. 5409(I)_Homage to Archbishop Franceso Panfilo SDB

ALA_5409 By Leslie Brown, past pupil of DBTI, Boroko East, PNG DBTI Boroko East (Port Moresby), Papua New Guinea, 26 June 2020 -- Last June 19, 2020 Pope Francis accepted the resignation presented to him by Archbishop Francesco Panfilo, S....
    Date2020.06.27 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1121 file
    Read More
  9. 5408(II)_What is the impact of the missionary group on Salesian formation house - Crocetta sharing

ALA_5408 From Cl. Jean Paul The Crocetta, Turin, Italy, 25 June 2020 -- Interview with mission group in an international formation house at The Crocetta, Turin, Italy. How did you come to join the missionary group in the Crocetta theologa...
    Date2020.06.25 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views422 file
    Read More
  10. 5408(I)_ASC Japan - new Provincial Council

ALA_5408 From Eriko Bernadette Sato (ASC Japan) Tokyo, Japan, 25 June 2020 -- Salesian Cooperators in Japan launched a new Provincial Council in April 2020. Due to COVID-19, we couldn’t see each other until 21 June. Our council consists of...
    Date2020.06.25 CategoryASC Reply2 Views589 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 538 Next
/ 538