austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20200904_TLS1.jpg

By Ms. Juvita Rodrigues Barreto de Ataíde Gonçalves

Timor-Leste, 4 September 2020 -- On the morning of 28 August 2020, Pope Francis received the credentials of the new RDTL (East Timor) Ambassador to the Holy See. We are happy to share an interview with Ms Juvita Rodrigues with the austraLasia readership. She brings her strong experience of the Salesian Family to Rome as a member of ADMA back home for the past 26 years.

What are your feelings as the fresh, new ambassador of your young and majority Catholic country to the Holy See?

I am proud and honored by the trust to be able represent my Government and my country of East Timor (RDTL) together at the Holy See. It is known that the people of Timor Leste hold a strong belief in the Roman Catholic Church. During our struggle for independence, the Holy See has shown its great contribution and enormous support in finding our way to self-determination. As it is recorded, back in 1989, His Holiness St. John Paul II, made a visit to East Timor that marked a new history in our long struggles in fighting for our freedom and independence. That papal visit was considered as one of the moments and opportunities to introduce to the international community the story of the people of East Timor in fighting colonialism. Furthermore, I feel privileged to represent East Timor with the Holy See and hope that the great relationship between the people of East Timor and the Holy See will become stronger. I pray that the blessing of Our Lord Jesus Christ will always be alive in our hearts.

As mother of five children and committed member of the Salesian Family, an ADMA member, what brings the Salesian spirit to your family life, to your Catholic faith and to the work within society in RDTL?

I grew up in a devout Catholic family, and as a member of ADMA (Association of Mary Help of Christians). Hence the Salesian Family has contributed and formed my personality. When I was young, I participated in many Salesian activities, like the Youth organizations. Through that program I have had the opportunity to meet new people and learn new social skills. My personal experience with ADMA was a great experience: beside strengthening my faith and devotion to Mother Mary, I personally experienced many concrete blessings from Mother Mary for me and in my family. I will continue to bring the spirit of ADMA and the Salesian Family to my own family and will continue to introduce the Salesian spirit to other families as well.

God willing, in 2021 the Timor Leste ADMA members will be welcoming the 2nd ADMA Congress of East Asia-Oceania. Would you like to address them?

Dear ADMA members in the East Asia – Oceania region, God bless all of you! Next ADMA Congress will be a blessing for you when you can gather together in East Timor. I am happy for this moment, but since I can’t greet each one of you, I can only share my short message:

“To all of you, ADMA members living in many countries of East Asia – Oceania, and especially the ADMA of Timor Leste: to all of you keep praying and keep disseminating devotion to Our Lady Mary Help of Christians, and what you know about miracles because miracles are real.

I joined ADMA (Association of Mary help of Christians) in 1994, when I was still young., I have had many experiences and seen many miracles in my life. Today when I become a new ambassador to the Holy See, this is another bigger reality, another miracle in my life. Indeed, I never thought to be an ambassador, but with God nothing is impossible!

And I believe that with Mary you will see what the miracles are! So for all you, don’t forget pray to Mary and entrust everything in your life to Mary!”

Obrigada! Thank you very much!

Ms Juvita Rodrigues Barreto de Ataíde Gonçalves

Related news articleS:

20200904_TLS1.jpg

20200904_TLS2.jpg

20200904_TLS3.jpg

20200904_TLS4.jpg

20200904_TLS5.jpg

20200904_TLS6.jpg

20200904_TLS7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5468(II)_Life long friend of Vietnamese youth passes away in North Italy

ALA_5468 Br. Lodovico De Marchi, SDB By VIE provincial secretary Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 16 September 2020 -- Last Sunday, 13 September, a life-long friend of Vietnamese Youth, Salesian Missionary passed away - Brother Lodovico De March...
    Date2020.09.16 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views486 file
    Read More
  2. 5468(I)_Silver Jubilee, Don Bosco Kumgi PNG

ALA_5468  By Fr. Savio Angelo Sanchez, SDB Kumgi, Simbu Province, PNG, 16 September 2020 -- 25 years ago, at the invitation of Bishop William Kurtz SVD, the pioneer Salesian missionaries came to the Diocese of Kundiawa in Simbu Province t...
    Date2020.09.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views379 file
    Read More
  3. 5467(IV)_SDB delegates journey with Bosconians across Asia

ALA_5467 By Mr. Niel Evangelista GEX Councilor Asia-Oceania [GEX=Giovani Exallievi = Young Past Pupils] GEX Asia-Oceania Region, 14 September 2020 -- 'What attracts the hearts of our young people to continue their journey with Don Bosco al...
    Date2020.09.14 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views444 file
    Read More
  4. 5467(III)_Season of Creation in Yakutsk

ALA_5467 Cleaning up 300 metres of Lena riverbank in Siberia By Fr. Peter Lorenc, SDB (SLK province) Yakutsk-Autonomous Republic of Sakcha,Russian Federation, 14 September 2020 -- Just like last year, also in this special Laudato Si Year...
    Date2020.09.14 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views981 file
    Read More
  5. 5467(II)_Don Bosco Technical School Gabutu holds a Tri-Celebration

ALA_5467 By Mr. Leo Paraha Gabutu, Papua New Guinea, 13 September 2020 -- The Don Bosco Technical School (DBTS) community gathered round the Parents, Citizens and Teachers Association (PCTA) Park on the 11th September to partake in the Tri...
    Date2020.09.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1208 file
    Read More
  6. 5467(I)_Blessed Ceferino not yet well known around the EAO region

ALA_5467 By our own correspondent World, 14 September 2020 -- On 26 August, we celebrated, as we do every year, the liturgical memory of Blessed Ceferino Namucura, one of the fruits of the first Salesian evangelization in Argentina. The so...
    Date2020.09.14 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views476 file
    Read More
  7. 5466(III)_The fast changing face of Thai Valdocco - DB Bangkok

ALA_5466 By Francis Wichai Srisura Don Bosco Technological College, Bangkok - Thailand, 11 September 2020 -- Since 1949, the Don Bosco Technological College (previously Technical School) in Bangkok, where the Rector is Fr Joseph Manachai, ...
    Date2020.09.11 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views643 file
    Read More
  8. 5466(II)_HK Youth Outreach - Love what young people love

ALA_5466 By Youth Outreach Hong Kong, China, 11 September 2020 -- The 'Youth Outreach' is well known in Hong Kong during its almost 30 years (foundation in 1991) of consistent dedicated work for the youth at risk, starting from the night s...
    Date2020.09.11 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views780 file
    Read More
  9. 5466(I)_Past Pupils: a precious Salesian charismatic opportunity discovered!

ALA_5466 By our own correspondent Rome, 11 September 2020 -- Since July 2020 more than 12 Past Pupils of Don Bosco Federations in their 'Asia - Oceania Region' have been visited: TLS (Timor Leste), FIN-FIS (Philippines North and South), TH...
    Date2020.09.11 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views611 file
    Read More
  10. 5465(III)_Here I am, Send Me!

ALA_5465 A Missionary Thought for the 11th of the Month By Fr. Alfred Maravilla, SDB General Councilor for Missions Rome, Italy, 10 September 2020 -- For many years now, every last Sunday of September the Rector Major presides at the missi...
    Date2020.09.10 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1464 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 539 Next
/ 539