?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5532

20201214_FIN2.jpg

By Br. Marco Bau

Sandor community, Paranaque - Manila, Philippines, 14 December 2020 -- My name is Marco Baù, I am a Salesian Brother from Italy - North East province (INE) with headquarters at Venezia (Venice). This is my second year in Manila for my specific formation at Don Bosco School of Theology (DBTS). Let me begin this little sharing with some of my memories. My house in Italy is located in the countryside. The part on the right is where I lived with my family. The centre is the house of my grand mother; and finally the leftiest part is an apartment which belongs to our cousins who live in France. More or less every summer holiday they would visit us and stay there. I say this because I have felt at home here in Paranaque, like a relative who lives afar but who is welcome back even though I was never here before.

I has a difficult moment when Covid19 spread around, especially considering the situation of my family in Italy and of my sister who was in Sri-Lanka. I am very grateful for the help that I have received here from the confreres who guided me personally, from my formators and fellow Brothers. The most precious treasure that I am unearthing here is a deeper knowledge of myself and deeper encounter with God. This process has overarched all my staying here and all my experiences, starting from the Hawaian Pizza and Banana Ketchup, which I both love very much, through the Bible studies until the Basketball games.

Brother Raffy Besonia, who is just a new perpetually professed Brother (FIS province, member of Sandor community) told me once that “Who controls the rebound, controls the game”. In the game, a shoot that goes out is not a great problem if you can catch the rebound. Indeed, this formation time is for me a great occasion to learn how, despite my failures, I can bounce back to the true life to which God has called me.

I am very grateful to my Provincial, Fr. Igino Biffi (INE) and to the Congregation for this opportunity of formation here in Sandor community - Philippines. What I am receiving is greater than my studies, since I am learning more and more about myself and God. In Italy I have heard many times that “No man is an island”, meaning to say that we are not meant to be alone. Nonetheless, in order to approach the others with maturity I think that one need to know who he really is, you need to know how is your island, your true self. What better place than the Philippines to discover it?

NB: The Sandor community for the specific formation of Salesian Brothers, welcomed in last few years already two Brothers from Hungary (UNG) as well Brothers from South Asia (India), African provinces and is always a point of reference for all EAO Salesian Brothers. With their Rector, Fr. Ronel Vilbar, are eagerly waiting to welcome new Brother for the next school year 2021-2022. Around the Congregation are only three similar communities - Yaunde (Camerun, ATE) in French, Cresco - Guatemala, CAM) and Barcelona (Spain, SMX) with Spanish language. At present there is no other English speaking community for the specific formation of Salesian Brothers.

Related news article:

20201214_FIN201.jpg

20201214_FIN202.jpg

20201214_FIN203.jpg

20201214_FIN204.jpg

20201214_FIN205.jpg

20201214_FIN206.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5553(I)_EAO region Salesian family together on the 2nd day of World Spirituality Days

Unity - Faith - Hope: EAO Salesian Family Key Words in 2021 By Mr. Niel Evangelista, GEX Don Bosco Past Pupil EAO Region, 17 January 2021 -- On the second day of 2021 Salesian Family Spirituality Days more than a thousand EAO members met ag...
    Date2021.01.19 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views714 file
    Read More
  2. 5552_Appointment of the new Provincial of the Philippines South-Pakistan

By Fr. Joseph Phuoc, Regional Rome, 17 January 2021 -- On 7 January 2021, the Rector Major appointed Fr Fidel MA. Daza Orendain as the sixth Provincial of the Province of Mary Help of Christians Philippines South Pakistan for the six years ...
    Date2021.01.17 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views947 file
    Read More
  3. 5551(III)_Pakistan Christians offer their deep faith and hope to the world

By our own correspondent World, 16 January 2021 -- During the first day of the Salesian Family Spirituality Days, without any doubt the four testimonials from Lahore-Youhanabade was the most heart and mind-stirring moment. For many EAO part...
    Date2021.01.16 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views955 file
    Read More
  4. 5551(II)_More than one thousand EAO Salesian Family members explore the roots of Hope

By our own correspondent Sal Fam Days EAO Region, 16 January 2021 -- One Salesian Sister from Myanmar shares after this first historic online encounter: "Congratulations! It was very beautiful. We enjoyed the day and we became more hopeful....
    Date2021.01.16 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views976 file
    Read More
  5. 5551(I)_Salesian Family Days: Invitation to explore the Regional Programme

By Bro. Dominic Nam, SDB Rome, 15 January 2021 -- We have listened to the stimulating words of the Rector Major and Bishop Olivero Derio on the hope that we are all really in need of. The RM writes in his strenna: “hope is like our bl...
    Date2021.01.16 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views740 file
    Read More
  6. 5550(II)_A good plan to participate in the Days of Salesian Spirituality 15-17/01/2021

THAI province -- Tomorrow will be the first day of the 39th Salesian Family Spirituality Days. More than 1000 participants of EAO region are ready for the event. THAI province has also prepared a good plan for the participation of SF member...
    Date2021.01.14 CategoryTHA Reply1 Views1205 file
    Read More
  7. 5550(I)_EAO Salesian Family in the School of Hope

By our own correspondent EAO Region, 13 January 2021 -- Just two days ahead of the 39th SF Spirituality Days (January 15-17), the 1000+ EAO region participants are getting ready with their leaders, translators to 8 EAO languages, technical ...
    Date2021.01.13 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1156 file
    Read More
  8. 5549(III)_1000 EAO Salesian Family members getting ready

ALA_5549 By Br. Dominic Nam, SDB Rome, 11 December 2021 -- At present some 5000 Salesian Family members worldwide are registered for the 39th Salesian Family Spirituality Days - first online edition, to be held from 15-17 January 2021: 'MO...
    Date2021.01.13 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1003
    Read More
  9. 5549(II)_The 50th Anniversary of Foundation and Inauguration of new pastoral building

ALA_5549 Don Rua Philosophical Institute, Vietnam Province By Br. Pham hong Phuoc, SDB Da Lat city, Vietnam 02 January 2021 -- On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the foundation and inauguration of new pastoral building of Don Rua P...
    Date2021.01.12 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views952
    Read More
  10. 5549(I)_The Salesians - Men and Women - In the Midst of the Laotian Youth

A Salesian Receives a Certificate and Medal of Honor By Fr.Patrick Maccioni Vientiane, Laos, 11 January 2021 -- On 6 January 2021, at the Lao Youth Union Headquarters, Fr Patrick Maccioni, Rector of Don Bosco Youth Vocational Training Cent...
    Date2021.01.12 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views682
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 537 Next
/ 537