NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
PGS
2023.11.18 21:39

6200_Journey of Hopeful Voices!

Views 256 Comment 0

PGS_20231118_01.jpg

By Lucy Napitalai

Port Moresby, PNG 18 November 2023 -- The Councillor for Social Communication has the duty of animating the Congregation in this sector. With his department, he promotes Salesian activity in the social communication sector, and in particular coordinates at the world level the structures and centers for which the Congregation has responsibility. VOICES and the Don Bosco Global Youth Film Festival (DBGYFF) have opened up avenues and given a platform for young people to express themselves.

Listening with an open heart to add value to the lives of others is essential in having a meaningful life. Listening is accompanied with action, action to selflessly give oneself of service and having courage and boldness in making right decisions. I believe every good thing that is placed in our hearts are from God and His will always prevails. Unexpected no’s from our own plans open doors to God’s better yeses. God’s better yeses are always for the service of others as we are all called to be.

The brief moments of the VOICES program opened my mind and heart to so many things. It began with digging within myself and unpacking my own experiences that were a hindrance or blockage for myself and sharing it with others. During one of the interactions, Fr. Keith Amodia, SDB stated that “it takes courage to share one’s brokenness”. I am challenged and hope that I can also provide a safe space for others to share their brokenness as I believe that sometimes, we find healing through it. Interactions and sharing of other young people in EAO show that everyone regardless of nationality and background, we each have some experiences and concerns that become like open wounds we carry around with us everywhere and we just need that haven of positivity that is willing to heal the wounds through a heartful ear. I believe the VOICES program has been that haven for me and I hope to extend its hand by being a haven of hope to others as well.

As our country is nearing its golden jubilee anniversary of independence and freedom with its goal of peaceful and inclusive society, I hope we, the people, can also open our eyes to the need to be free from abuse, crime, and oppression starting in our homes. I am grateful for the platform provided by the Salesians to hear the silent voices of the youth. I am also grateful to have been part of the program as I was able to share my experience on the topic "Abuse, crime, oppression" in PNG.

Apart from sharing my experience, I was able to learn from other young people from Myanmar, Cambodia, China, Korea, Australia, Vietnam, Timor Leste and Philippines who shared on the same issue as well as the issues of Digital & Substance Addiction and Environment & Climate Change. Our interactions challenge us, especially from my end to act in helping other young people to voice out their silent cries. Every young person has a voice, and they need to make that decision to break out of societal norms that suppress their voices. Its empowering when young people get together and make conversations that matter as well as are willing to act on things that matter.

Overall, the enriching VOICES program was a short encounter, yet, the openness of hearts and dynamic presence of everyone including the Salesians and the participants exhibit the Don Bosco family spirit. We all have a social responsibility in communicating with impact. The dynamic presence and generosity of the hosts, Thai Province, especially Fr. Dheparat and Fr. Ekasit is heart-warming. On that note, I also extend my sincere thanks to the Provincial Superior of PGS vice province, Fr. Gregorio Bicomong, SDB and Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB, EAO Social Communication Coordinator for their trust in me in allowing and providing for my participation in the VOICES program.

I am grateful for the friendships established and looking forward to taking action in the new possibilities of social communication in our region, especially PGS and other collaborations in East Asia Oceania.

PGS_20231118_02.jpg

PGS_20231118_03.jpg

PGS_20231118_04.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6249_China: An Annual Retreat of Three Anniversaries and Seven Provincials

By CINSCO Hong Kong, China, January 2024 -- On January 1st, the Octave of Christmas and Solemnity of Mary Mother of God, the last course of CIN Province Annual Retreat 2023 concluded with the solemn Mass celebrated by Card. Joseph Zen Ze Ki...
    Date2024.01.06 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views237 file
    Read More
  2. 6248_Christmas… Sharing Love

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 2 January 2024 -- Since the Covid-19 pandemic, the Thai economy has not recovered fully yet. This situation was aggravated by the influx of people from the provinces into Bangkok and vicinities. They sought the ...
    Date2024.01.02 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views507 file
    Read More
  3. 6247_Salesian Brother in the 21st Century: Identity, Fidelity and Leadership

By Bro. Raymond Callo, SDB Kolkata, India, 2 January 2024 -- The 9th Salesian Brothers’ Congress of the South Asia region is currently being held at Nitika Don Bosco, Kolkata, India. It is from 30 December 2023 to 3 January 2024. The ...
    Date2024.01.02 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views337 file
    Read More
  4. 6246_December Joy: Celebrating Love and Giving

By Fr. Moise Paluku East New Britain, PNG -- The month of December was celebrated by the Salesian Cooperators, Kokopo, as an opportunity to commemorate the birth of our Saviour through various activities that reflected joy and love for Chri...
    Date2023.12.30 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views232 file
    Read More
  5. 6245_Strenna 2024 launched in Rome

The Dream That Makes You Dream By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB EAO, 28 December 2023 -- The by now traditional launching of the 2024 Strenna video and interview with the Rector Major, Card. Angel F. Artime was celebrated in the FMA General House...
    Date2023.12.29 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views530 file
    Read More
  6. 6244_Journey of Hope: Salesians in Vanuatu - A Mission Unveiled

By Fr Moise Paluku SDB Vanuatu, Port Vila, 26 December 2023 -- Early this year, during the third visit to Vanuatu by Fr. Gregorio Bicomong, SDB, PGS Provincial Superior, and Fr. Alfred Maravilla, General Councillor for Missions from Februar...
    Date2023.12.26 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views423 file
    Read More
  7. 6243_Spiritually filled to celebrate Christmas

By Leo Paraha Port Moresby, PNG 24 December 2023 -- A fun-filled two-week Christmas Summer Camp enabled children and young people from Mary Help of Christians Parish, Sabama, to prepare spiritually for Christmas. The camp opened every morni...
    Date2023.12.26 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1092 file
    Read More
  8. 6242_Appointment of the New Provincial of Indonesia

By Fr. Joseph Phuoc, SDB Valdocco, 23 December 2023 -- On December 21, 2023, the Rector Major Rev. Angel Fernandez Artime, appointed Fr. Vincent Prastowo (43 yrs) as the Superior of the Vice-Province of Indonesia for the next six years (202...
    Date2023.12.23 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1180 file
    Read More
  9. 6241_Appointment of the New Provincial of China

By Fr. Joseph Phuoc, SDB Valdocco, 23 December 2023 -- On December 20, 2023, the Rector Major Rev. Angel Fernandez Artime, appointed Fr. Leong Teng Tok Domingos as the Provincial of the Salesian Province of China for the next years (2024-20...
    Date2023.12.23 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1042 file
    Read More
  10. 6240_Appointment of the New Provincial of Japan

By Fr. Joseph Phuoc, SDB Valdocco, 23 December 2023 -- On December 15, 2023, the Rector Major, Rev. Angel Fernandez Artime, appointed Fr. Hamasaki Atsushi Francis as the Provincial of the Salesian Province of Japan for the next years (2024-...
    Date2023.12.23 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views280 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 537 Next
/ 537