Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 751 Comment 0

20210628_PGS-(1).jpg

By Fr. Arjuna Lamapaha, SDB
Salesian Priest recently ordained as priest on 7 October 2020
He hails from the vice-province of Indonesia (INA), belongs to the 151st Missionary Expedition
He is sent on Mission Ad Gentes to the vice-province of PGS

Port Moresby, PNG, 28 June 2021 -- One of the wonderful dreams of Don Bosco is the dream about Oceania. “Come and Help Us” is the invitation addressed to Don Bosco in the dream. They are the voices of young people of Oceania including the youth of Papua New Guinea and of the Solomon Islands. Today, this dream has come true for me in my life. The Salesians of Don Bosco together with the various groups in the Salesian Family have had a long journey of helping, educating and accompanying the youth of Oceania for over 40 years.

I’m writing this simple reflection on the seventh day of freedom after being quarantined for 14 days due to the covid19 protocols of the country. Within these seven days of freedom, I have visited some Salesian communities in Port Moresby and even in the Gulf Province (the community of Don Bosco Araimiri) in the Diocese of Kerema. I saw the works of the Salesians, the young people and the mission which has given me a first impression that the Mission here in PGS is not an easy one.

The situation of the people and all the things that I have seen in these few days make me ask a personal reflective question: What am I going to do here? I found out that this simple question is a challenge for me in my Mission. Personally, I have a very positive vision of the Salesian Mission here in the vice-province. I can feel the spirit of Don Bosco working among the young, for the young and with the young. Like Don Bosco, the Salesians are doing their best for the progress of the Mission. I have this excitement that I will be joining this huge and yet wonderful work of the Salesians here in the Mission.

I see the Mission here in the vice-province of PGS as a fulfillment of the dream of Don Bosco and therefore, I believe that all the works here were also in the mind of Don Bosco. He wanted his Salesians to work here. On my part, I see myself as a Salesian dreamt by Don Bosco to work here in the PGS Mission. In line with the theme of the Strenna 2021 of the Rector Major Fr. Angel Fernandez, SDB “Moved by Hope”, I would say that my assignment here is greatly moved by Hope. I hope that the question of “What I am going to do here?” will be answered in my missionary life based on and moved by the Hope of the Congregation and the will of God. I pray and hope that God will make use of me in one way or another to bring out the best in the young and share in the Mission of ‘making all things new’. I am delighted and willingly give myself for the Mission.

20210628_PGS-(2).jpg

20210628_PGS-(3).jpg

20210628_PGS-(4).jpg

20210628_PGS-(5).jpg

20210628_PGS-(6).jpg

20210628_PGS-(7).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5658(I)_Don Bosco Sumba new development

By Fr. Adie Prinanto Don Bosco Sumba, Indonesia, 27 July 2021 -- Twenty years after the opening of our humble presence in one of the poorest islands of Indonesia, in Sumba, we see the true charismatic impact of this Indonesian Valdocco. It ...
    Date2021.07.27 Reply0 Views1330 file
    Read More
  2. 5657(III)_EAO Region opens up to DB Past Pupil Delegates Formation

By Br Dominic Nam World Delegate for DB Past Pupils Rome, 26 July 2021 -- Just a month after the first successful Asia-Oceania Congress of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco (25-26 June) a ground-breaking online meeting for Past Pupil Delegates f...
    Date2021.07.26 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views670 file
    Read More
  3. 5657(II)_Salesian Missionary Vocation in 21st Century

By Interview Fr. Alfred Maravilla, SDB General Councilor for the Missions Interview conducted at Sacro Cuore, Rome, 26 July 2021 -- What is really new in this 'Salesian Missionary Vocation'? The new document presents a renewed visio...
    Date2021.07.26 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views920 file
    Read More
  4. 5657(I)_Myanmar prenovices reach out to needy people

By Fr. Paschal Thi Ko Shine Hsipaw Prenovitiate community, Myanmar, 26 July 2021 -- We have visited 40 families already last week and our occasional food help in this difficult time of the pandemic goes on! The Salesians of Don Bosco, on 25...
    Date2021.07.26 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views710 file
    Read More
  5. 5656(II)_Salesian priestly ordination in Samoa - Fr. Sinapati

By Fr. William Matthews Lotofaga, Samoa, 25 July 2021 -- After 16 years of discernment and training for the priesthood, Fr Sinapati Ioane received the sacrament of Ordination at the hands of His Grace Alapati Lui Mataeliga on Saturday 10 Ju...
    Date2021.07.25 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views758 file
    Read More
  6. 5656(I)_Obituary on Father Peter Pham Van Chinh SDB

By Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc, SDB Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, 24 July 2021 -- The Salesian Province of Vietnam has lost one of its best confreres, Fr. Peter Pham Van Chinh SDB (65 years old, 46 years as Salesian and 22 years in priesthoo...
    Date2021.07.25 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1741 file
    Read More
  7. 5655(IV)_Alafua Community Sewing Program

By Lauren Hichaaba, PDMA AUL Province Alafua Samoa, 23-07-21 -- It is the dream for every Salesian mission and work to become sustainable. This is a beautiful goal that presents many challenges based on the various contexts around the world...
    Date2021.07.23 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views1171 file
    Read More
  8. 5655(III)_Lahore Community Provides Relief

By Fr. Noble Lal, SDB DB Lahore, Pakistan, 23 July 2021 -- On Tuesday July 20th, 2021 the SDBs of Lahore community, with the Help of Mission Madrid, went to the Diocese of Hyderabad to distribute food and some other items of sheltering to 1...
    Date2021.07.23 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views1134 file
    Read More
  9. 5655(II)_Thailand's Don Bosco Pending Meal

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 22 July 2021 -- During the past days of July, The Salesian Society through the Planning and Development Office of the Thai Province organized the project "Don Bosco Pending Meal" to distribute food to those affe...
    Date2021.07.23 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1763 file
    Read More
  10. 5655(I)_A special mission territory needs more interest

North Korea By Salesian Missionary Animation Delegate Seoul, South Korea, 22 July 2021 -- Already 68 years after the end of the Korean War (1950-1953) and the 'two Koreas' are still deeply divided. However the Catholic Church in Sou...
    Date2021.07.23 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views606 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 538 Next
/ 538