Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1958 Comment 0

20181026_CAM.jpg

Interview with Cl. Anthony Hoang, practical trainee in Cambodia

By Our Own Correspondent

Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 26 October 2018 -- At present there are a few practical trainees in our Region who are being assigned for one or two years away from their country or province - like from Japan or Indonesia to Papua New Guinea, from Vietnam to the Philippines. Anthony is from Vietnam and continuing his second year of practical training. At present there are four practical trainees in Cambodia: the two first Khmer Salesians, Cl. Nary and Mony, one newly arrived missionary of the 149th missionary expedition, Cl. Raymond from India and Cl. Anthony. The multicultural community of Phnom Penh brings together SDBs from Cambodia, India, Philippines and Vietnam and Lay missionary volunteers from Australia (Cagliero Project).

How do you feel in Cambodia after your first year of missionary experience?

After more than one year as a practical trainee in Cambodia, I feel happy and am enjoying the stay here. I have a lot of work to do among the young people. I have a wonderful community to live together with and especially, I'm faithful to my personal timetable and personal prayer. That makes me happy and joyful every day.

What makes you happy at Phnom Penh - Don Bosco?

Two things make me happy here. First, I always remember and follow some advice from one priest in Vietnam (He is my spiritual father and guide). I always share with him, I open my heart to him and he gives me advice which I will follow. Second: I give thanks for the General Chapter 27's inspiration: "God – community – young". I always remember and try to do the same and now I have time for God, time for community and time for the young.

What is the challenge for the young practical trainee – temporary missionary?

I think, that for me, the challenge is not to be just a temporary missionary or missionary foreve, but the important thing is how to correctly live the mission of Don Bosco day by day.

What did you learn from young Khmer Besucco students as their Assistant?

After one year the first thing I have learned from the young Khmer students is their patience and humble heart. The second thing I have learned to understand about them is that hey are passive and not confident.

What would you advise the SDB postnovices in our Region?

Based on my personal experience in the family spirit, I would like to share with my 'younger brothers'.

• We need to have God in our hearts
  • We live together with the community, share with the community, trust the community and how to make the community happy
  • We need to have a spiritual guide (a Cafasso-like priest or soul friend)
  • We need to be open and try to understand better the culture of the young

We pray for our missionary practical trainees and all those who accompany them. Their daily commitment is a good reminder to all 1450 Salesians of our Region to go out of their comfort zone and reach out to poor young people!

20181026_CAM1.jpg

20181026_CAM2.jpg

20181026_CAM3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5664(III)_ADMA Timor Leste preparing for the EAO Congress

Text by Fr. Manuel Ximenes, SDB National Spiritual Animator for ADMA Photo by: Albino Fernandes Quelicai, Timor Leste, 6 August 2021 -- On August 3, 2021 some 50 ADMA members and leaders from Baucau and Quelicai zones gathered in Quelicai p...
    Date2021.08.05 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1184 file
    Read More
  2. 5664(II)_What Resilience for the (FMA Past Pupils) Association?

By our own correspondent World, 6 August 2021 -- In spite of the pandemic, the World Confederation went through with their 7th World Congress (online) in the days from July 26 to August 2, 2021 with the theme 'What Resilience for the As...
    Date2021.08.05 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1017 file
    Read More
  3. 5664(I)_Salesian Educators Congress 2021

By Mr. Almer Tayactac DBTI Victorias – Research Teacher DBTI Victorias, The Philippines (online), 6 August 2021 -- As Education 4.0 thrives in the midst of the pandemic, Bosconians continue to learn. With this mission, the Salesian Ed...
    Date2021.08.05 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views2167 file
    Read More
  4. 5663(II)_Celebrating the Month of Don Bosco

By Isabella Saleu Port Moresby, PNG, 5 August 2021 -- As we commence the month of August, for some, it may just be an ordinary month, but for me and my Salesian family, it is the month of our Father, Teacher and Friend - St. John Bosco. For...
    Date2021.08.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1058 file
    Read More
  5. 5663(I)_Through the pandemic a more vibrant ADMA Japan emerges

By Fr. Angel Yamanouchi, SDB Spiritual Animator ADMA - Japan Tokyo, Japan, 5 August 2021 -- Thanks to the EAO ADMA Congress preparation, we are able to hear many encouraging ADMA (Association of Mary Help of Christians) around the whole reg...
    Date2021.08.04 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views688 file
    Read More
  6. 5662(II)_Perpetual profession of 3 EAO missionaries in Africa

Utume, Nairobi, Kenya, 3 August 2021 -- Last Saturday, 31 July, in the Shrine of Mary Help of Christians, Upper Hill, Nairobi - Kenya (AFE province), 10 young Salesians made their perpetual profession during the Eucharist celebrated by Fr. ...
    Date2021.08.03 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views920 file
    Read More
  7. 5662(I)_ADMA EAO Congress 2021 Registration open until August 15

By ADMA EAO Congress 2021 Steering Committee EAO 3 August 2021 -- On the first day of August 2021 the ADMA EAO Congress Steering Committee composed of the two EAO ADMA 'stronghold' countries - Timor Leste and the Philippines (TLS, F...
    Date2021.08.03 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views765 file
    Read More
  8. 5661_See Something Suspicious, Say Something

By Nigel Akuani Port Moresby, PNG, 2 August 2021 -- Since the establishment of Papua New Guinea’s Whistleblower Act in 2020, young people are now making a genuine call to people of good will serving in the workforce to speak up and re...
    Date2021.08.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views740 file
    Read More
  9. 5660(IV)_The Reception of two new FMA postulants in Myanmar

“The Almighty has done great thing for me. Lk. 1:49” By Sr. Juliet Kwye Kwye, FMA Anisakan (Myanmar), 30 July 2021 -- On 24 July 2021, on the day of the Commemoration of Mary Help of Christians, two Myanmar young girls, Lucy and...
    Date2021.07.30 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views1381 file
    Read More
  10. 5660(III)_August 2021 - EAO Time of Vocational Blessing

By our own correspondent Rome, 30 July 2021 -- In the Southern hemisphere the month of August is celebrated around the Salesian provinces as the 'Month of Don Bosco'. Our hope is that our Salesian Family members in Australia-Pacific...
    Date2021.07.30 CategoryEAO Reply3 Views7688 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 537 Next
/ 537