Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 574 Comment 0

20170908_ASC.jpg

Lay People formation is based on life - faith sharing

By Mr. Meng Dong Sool, ASC

Daejeon, Korea, 7 September 2017 -- As every Center of the Salesian Cooperators also in Daejeon the members come together once a month for their meeting. Living the same Salesian vocation and mission in the secular context, without their life - faith sharing their formation is impossible. During the September meeting all five Salesian Cooperators team in Daejeon met with the SDB extraordinary visitor and some of them share what changed in their life when they embraced the Salesian vocation.

"It’s already 11 years ago when I have made the promise as Salesian Cooperator. Now I’m working in the Dae deok secondary school as principal.

Every month during our regular Cooperators meeting I’m more and more aware that in the context of present repressive system of Korean school education the preventive system of Don Bosco is very much needed in South Korea. I dream that all teachers in our country would learn and follow this style of education. In the same time I’m deeply grateful to get know Don Bosco spirituality and being able to put it in practice. It’s a great joy to practice this education style.

As the school principal in the administration role I’m not directly teaching and meeting the students in the classroom but meeting hundreds of students in the corridors and playground I’m trying to have an eye contact and smile while greeting our students. In this way I can see their faces of joy, depression or concern, call them to talk about what is happening in their life and eventually to share with their home room teachers. I’m trying always to be a kind teacher, who does not scold but always listen to them and treat them with patient reminders. So, I’m liked by our students.

To the class teachers we request always to stay in the morning classroom ahead of the students, greet the one by one, ask about their difficulties and if necessary proceed to some counselling. In this way we can prevent many serious problems of our girl students.

Every year in March there is a two day leadership formation time for our students, this year our students went to the Salesian Youth Center (Chong Lim Dong). It was a great experience for all of them – unlike in other Youth Training Centers the staff was very kind, cared personally about each one of them. In this way many students got for the first time a deep self-esteem. Also our teachers were happy with the Salesian experience and would like to follow also next school year and we booked this human formation time already for March 2018.

This morning one parent knocked at the principal office door. By chance during the diocesan Cursillo movement event realized that I’m a Catholic. Although it was our first encounter we talk a lot about our faith experience. He participated at the parents meeting at the beginning of the school year and listening to the principal he realized that the way of speaking is Catholic faith inspired. And also the feeling of many parents was quite good. Through my talk and attitude the ‘smell of faith’ was proclaimed. Thanks be to God! Kam sa hamnida!"

In Korea at present there are 395 active Salesian Cooperators with promise (+ another 207 non active members) and about 150 aspirants in formation in 25 local centers with 3 new local centers being formed during this year.

20170908_ASC1.jpg

20170908_ASC2.jpg

20170908_ASC3.jpg

20170908_ASC4.jpg

20170908_ASC5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4492_The Saint John Bosco Pastoral Project in Fiji has begun

By Cl. Sinapati Ioane, SDB Suva, Fiji, 7 September 2017 -- At last! The long awaited work of clearing the land for our new Salesian pastoral centre in Fiji began on 7 September 2017, Constitution Day (a public holiday). Fr. Paselio Tevaga (...
    Date2017.09.10 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views1178 file
    Read More
  2. 4491(II)_Salesian Cooperator Faith Sharing

Lay People formation is based on life - faith sharing By Mr. Meng Dong Sool, ASC Daejeon, Korea, 7 September 2017 -- As every Center of the Salesian Cooperators also in Daejeon the members come together once a month for their meeting. Livin...
    Date2017.09.08 CategoryASC Reply0 Views574 file
    Read More
  3. 4491(I)_Nature-loving Nation, One in Christ

DBYC–Tondo Ushers in 2017 Season of Creation with GEA By Jojo Valenzuela, SDB Manila, the Philippines, 1 September 2017 -- Responding to the call of Pope Francis in his encyclical Laudato Si, The Don Bosco Youth Center (DBYC) Tondo ushered ...
    Date2017.09.08 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views601 file
    Read More
  4. 4490(III)_Go into the whole world!

148th Salesian missionary expedition and EAO region By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 7 September 2017 -- Last September 1st started in the General House in Rome the new missionary course, preparing the 22 new missionaries for the 148th expedit...
    Date2017.09.07 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views5045 file
    Read More
  5. 4490(II)_Mini-Chapter of the Salesians in the north of Vietnam

28 Salesians and the Provincial Council members By Fr. Peter Chinh, SDB Thai Binh, Vietnam. 6 September 2017 -- The Salesians started their missions in Vietnam more than half century ago [1952]. Nevertheless, political situation forced them...
    Date2017.09.07 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views564 file
    Read More
  6. 4490(I)_Sowing small seeds of secular consecrated vocation in the ITM vice-province

VDB animation visit to the ITM Vice-province: Timor Leste & Indonesia By Maria L, VDB VDB - Central Council Dili, Timor Leste, 5 September 2017 -- Two Volunteers of Don Bosco (VDB) – one former Central Councilor and one present Central ...
    Date2017.09.07 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views592 file
    Read More
  7. 4489(III)_New prenovices enter Cau Bong formation house

By Dcn Joseph Huan Vu, SDB HCM City, VIetnam, 4 September 2017 -- Started last academic year 2016-2017 in the Prenovitiate community of Cau Bong (Ho Chi Minh Archdiocese) there is a two year program of preparation for the novitiate. Yesterd...
    Date2017.09.06 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views565 file
    Read More
  8. 4489(II)_Fr Jeremiah Breen SDB passed away in Melbourne

86 years of age, 63 for Salesian and 54 for priest By Fr Will Matthews, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 1 September 2017 -- A much loved priest, hardworking individual and Salesian pastor from the province of Mary Help of Christians, Australia-Pa...
    Date2017.09.06 Reply0 Views983 file
    Read More
  9. 4489(I)_However a missionary - in mission land!

Korean Salesian in Tokyo - warm invitation for Japan mission By Fr. Andrew Chang Seongpil, SDB from the Salesian Bulletin KOR n. 146 – September 2017 Tokyo, Japan, 1 September 2017 -- One day, deeply touched by God’s call one young Salesian...
    Date2017.09.06 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views905 file
    Read More
  10. 4488(II)_Korean inter-faith pilgrimage to the Vatican led by Bosconian Archbishop

The world is watching the high tension on Korean peninsula By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 2 September 2017 -- Amidst a high tension caused by the launching of IBCM (Inter-continental ballistic missile) and sixth test of the nuclear ...
    Date2017.09.05 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views911 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 ... 538 Next
/ 538