Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 723 Comment 0

20170402_FIN.jpg

A fruitful visit of the Postulator General to the Philippines

By Fr. Pier Luigi Cameroni

Manila, Philippines, 2 April 2017 -- I would like to share with you my experience of recent visit to the Philippines (March 29-April 2), where I’m now with my collaborator in the Postulation Office, Ms. Lodivica Maria Zanet, PhD in order to accompany the diocesan phase of the Process of Beatification and Canonization of Servant of God Fr. Charles Braga.

The diocesan process was started officially on January 30, 2014 in San Fernando, Pampanga, by Archbishop Paciano Aniceto who was later on succeeded by a new Archbishop as well with a new Episcopal delegate for this Cause. I’m happy with a Vice-Postulator, Fr. Nestor Impelido, who offers his precious expertise in order to spread the devotion and knowledge about the Servant of God.

On Wednesday, March 29 we met together a new Archbishop of San Fernando, Mons. Florentino Galang Lavarias with some members of the Diocesan tribunal as well with the Historical commission members in order to check the work in progress and offer some guidelines for the speedy procedure of the Cause. In this way we could conclude the diocesan phase in reasonable times with a positive diocesan inquiry.

On Thursday, March 30 in the Provincial house, Manila – Makati was another encounter to share the situation about the progress of this Cause with the FIN provincial and his council. Fr. Anthony Paul Bicomong, FIN provincial and Fr. Nestor Impelido, the Vice-postulator, were both present as well Fr. Emil Santos as collaborator. In the afternoon of the same day we pay the visit to the tomb of Fr. Braga in Don Bosco Canlubang, Salesian Cemetery.

I’m very grateful in a special way to Fr. Remo Bracchi of the Salesian Pontifical University in Rome (UPS) who did a precious work on the critical edition of the Letters of Fr. Braga. It’s also a very precious contribution to the Cause of Beatification.

I would like to invite all Salesians in Italy, China and in the Philippines to intensify their support to the Cause of Fr. Braga in terms of spiritual, pastoral and financial aspect. We need to promote many different initiatives in order to make know better the life witness of this great missionary, to organize prayer events and communicate eventual graces and favors obtained through his intercession. I’m always grateful for any suggestion or information.

20170402_FIN1.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4357_Youth Encounter Retreat – a preparation for Shine Silver Sabama 0

2. 4356_Salesians' Time Out with the Lord 0

3. 4355(V)_“Leaders by Example” 0

4. 4355(IV)_Holy Shroud - fifth Gospel of Jesus in East Asia 0

5. 4355(III)_Meeting with SDB Practical Trainees 0

6. 4355(II)_Changing face of the Missionary Postnovitiate 0

7. 4355(I)_Sr. Vilma Tallone Underscores Missionary Dimension of FMA Vocation 1

8. 4354_EAO Regional Congress preparation (5) 0

9. 4353_Mongolia Delegation Asks your Prayers (for Fr. Carlo Villegas) 0

10. 4352_EAO Regional Congress preparation (4) 1

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 538 Next
/ 538