austraLasia

vaclav2015.12.24 22:29
Dear Confreres,

As I extend my Christmas greetings to you, I am also announcing the good news that the Rector Major and his Council has approved yesterday (23 December 2015) the elevation of PNG-SI Delegation into the new status of a Vice Province.  I received this great news early this morning via email from Fr. Klement and a Viber message from Fr. Provincial.  Blessed Philip Rinaldi is taken as the Patron Saint of our new Vice Province

Fr. Maria Arokiam Kanaga, SDB, Regional Councillor for South Asia, will be conducting the Extraordinary Visitation on FIN Province in 2016.  We are still included as a Delegation of FIN Province (as yet).  Particularly, he is scheduled to be in the Delegation from April 19 - May 16, 2016.  He has already sent some preliminary guidelines for his visit.  But I shall elaborate this matter in my next communication and during the 1st Rectors' Meeting in February 2016.

However, during this Extraordinary Visitation of Fr. Kanaga, he will carry out the consultation for the New Superior of our Vice Province.  As scheduled, the new Superior will be appointed by the Rector Major and his Council during their summer plenary meeting (June-July).  We hope to have the Installation of our New Superior of the Vice Province during our Delegation (Provincial) Day on9th July 2016.

I am also making it known that recently, on the 11th December 2015, the Rector Major and his Council approved the canonical erection of the Salesian Community of DBTI.  We shall make a consultation soon for the Rector of DBTI.

Truly, this Christmas has come with a special blessing for us in the Delegation.  Surely, it comes with a call for a deeper commitment.  This evening, recalling God's wondrous love for us thru His incarnation in Jesus Christ, may we too be inspired to "incarnate" God's love and mercy to our local people and to "incarnate" Don Bosco's charism in these two countries entrusted to our care.

As we face a new enthusiasm in the erection of our Vice Province, let us not forget to thank our pioneers, the previous superiors and past confreres who have toiled so much in order that we can have something to build-on today.  At the same time, allow me to thank each one of you for your dedication and sacrifices in carrying out the tasks given to you.  I believe the growth of our Delegation springs from the silent witness and hardwork of every confrere in our various settings.

May Blessed Philip Rinaldi be our constant intercessor and guide in our missionary endeavors. I have remembered all of you in my prayers as I presided over the Vigil Mass this evening.  Please continue to pray for me.  Merry Christmas!

In Don Bosco,

Fr. Peter Baquero, SDB
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )