?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1891 Comment 0

20150809_CIN.jpg

By Ms. Kiko

Hong Kong, July 26-31, 2015 - About 130 youths coming from 3 regions have made their wonderful camping that lasted 6 days and 5 nights. This camp aimed to celebrate the Bicentenary of Don Bosco and also nurture in these youths a good dose of leadership skills and more of Don Bosco's spirituality. All the youths enthusiastically joined the various activities such as the games, talks, sharing sessions, adorations, prayer meetings and vigils without being hindered by language difference. Indeed, a very strong sense of community, contribution, participation was observed throughout the camping days. The atmosphere was full of joy, laughter, affection, and mutual support.

“This is a Don Bosco's dream comes true moment. This is also an initiative and first effort of the China Province to have the youth from Hong Kong, Macau and China come together for the DB200 Camp and Leadership Training. This is a very meaningful opportunity and a milestone of Salesian youth work in the China Province”, says Fr. Martin Yip, the delegate of Salesian Youth Ministry.

All the sections of the camp were specially planned and furnished for the situation and the progress of the particpants in order to help them to overcome their weaknesses and enhance their potential to be Salesian youth leaders. A significant number of Salesian youths showed great progress in their personal growth. Their sharings had indicated their progress and growth in this camp.

A very impressive fact was that almost all the youths received the sacrament of confession. When the priest raised his hand to forgive their sins and weaknesses on behalf of God, the youths must have felt the touch of God. Many of them shed tears of consolation, relief and joy.

During their sharing, some of them expressed that their deeper knowledge of Don Bosco was able to help them to be a better youth for the world and to be a follower of Don Bosco’s spirituality. Some of them experienced strong links of friendship among themselves. One of the youths shared that she could find a sense of home in the team which she could rely on. A team leader also expressed that it was totally worthwhile to be so busy for 6 days when she saw the great progress of her teammates who became more proactive in participating in the activities.

20150809_CIN1.jpg

20150809_CIN2.jpg

20150809_CIN3.jpg

20150809_CIN4.jpg

20150809_CIN5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3823(I)_“First Proclamation” School Pastoral Assistant Workshop 4

2. 3802(I)_Gala Premiere of The Angel of the Lepers, Fr. Gaetano Nicosia 1

3. 3769(II)_Aspirantate in Hong Kong 2015 0

4. 3742(III)_Feast of Our Lady and Onam Festival - South Asia migrants 0

5. 3742(I)_Taipei, Rua Center of the Salesian Cooperators in action 1

6. 3741(III)_Fr. Gaetano Nicosia, The Angel of the Lepers 0

7. 3719(I)_DB200 - Same Origin, Dream, Commitment, Journey and Mission 1

8. 3715(II)_The largest pilgrim group from the EAO – China province Salesian Family 3

9. 3712(II)_Family spirit in the Global Salesian Village: CIN SYM leaders in SYM Don Bosco 2015 0

10. 3710(II)_On the feast of DB200 – “I pledge myself …” 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next
/ 24