?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1014 Comment 0

20160511_CIN.jpg

By Cl. Anthony Lo Po Tak, SDB

Lungi, Sierra Leone, 11 May 2016 - "Ow de body?" ("How are you?" in Krio, local language in Sierra Leone) After few months in Ghana (AustraLasia 3770: ) China province 'missionary practical trainee' Anthony, finally reached the originally decided destination of Sierra Leone, Lungi community.

"How time flies! I have been here in Lungi already one month. I want to say that I have experienced a deep joy from the bottom of my heart and I have received so much graces from God every day here in this beautiful land. I am staying with other six Salesians in the community (1 USA Priest [Rector], 1 Belorussian Priest [Economer], 2 Sierra Leonean Priests, 1 Sierra Leonean' Practical Trainee and 1 Nigerian' Practical Trainee).

The confreres are so busy on the daily pastoral services, but all of us make great efforts on throw ourselves into the community life, we try the best not to miss any occasions of prayers, meals, community meeting or outing. We are willingly to share and listen to one another, any moments we gather together are truly full of joy, and I realize that this joy is different from the happiness with family and friends, but solely exists in Salesian community. I feel so blessed and thankful for being with my confreres in this community.

We have many beautiful works with thousands of young people - schools, parish, youth center and Salesian Aspirantate. Because of the Muslim background, the Catholic church is not very strong. Fortunately, both religions are peaceful coexistence, they show a high respect to one another. It is really help to strengthen mutual communications and relationships.

One day, my confrere shared with me that it was quite difficult to implement Don Bosco Preventive system here in Sierra Leone, because of the religion and cultures. Nonetheless I was glad to hear what he said. In spite of these difficulties and challenges, God sends Salesians to help the young people. If everything is good, God does not need us to do His works. We are ready to meet any difficulties and challenges delightfully , because we are sure that God is always us to accompany and guide us to do His Will. Liked what our founder Don Bosco did, we entrust ourselves entirely to Jesus and Mamma Mary, keep them in close relationship, nothing cannot be done. Be faithful! Be humble! Be Generous! Be Joyful!

I am so glad to be here, I pray to God everyday for imploring Him to strengthen my faith so that I can be His useless instrument to proclaim His good news to the young people. I hope that through the guidance of my good teacher Mamma Mary I can grow to be a humble missionary, a Holy Salesian.

Please continue to pray for me. Surely, I will do the same for you and the EAO Region. Have a fruitful Marian Month. In Don Bosco, In Mary Help of Christians, Cl. Po Tak, Anthony

20160511_CIN1.jpg

20160511_CIN2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4032_Little Don Bosco of China 0

2. 4007(III)_Chavez Trilogy 0

3. 4003(II)_Vocation day 0

4. 3999_EAO missionary practical training in Africa 0

5. 3982_Jubilee of Mercy – Teens Carnival 0

6. 3976_Journey of self-discovery in Faith and Love (Spiritual accompaniment IV) 0

7. 3966_To be Servant-Leaders in the Salesian Missions: The application of 2016 Strenna 0

8. 3960(I)_Led by the Spirit - conclusion of the CIN PC 2016 1

9. 3957_Conversion with the salesian lay mission partners 0

10. 3954(I)_China Province Provincial Chapter 2016 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next
/ 24