austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20210325_PAC-(1).jpg

By Bro. Afia Enosa

Nakasi (Suva), Fiji Islands, 25 March 2021 -- Every Thursday and Saturday evenings, we have our Oratory at the Parish Centre where most of the young people from our Saint John Bosco Parish participate in our evening activities such as sports, sharing, and getting to meet one another. It is an opportunity for the young people to come to the “playground and make new friends” with all the brothers and formators. Due to the growing number of the young from the villages of Muanikoso and Makoi area, we have another Oratory at the village of Makoi on Thursday afternoons.

For us, young Salesians, it is very encouraging to see the whole community taking part in the activities of the Saturday Oratory. It is a strong reminder of Don Bosco’s message in his 1884 letter from Rome.

What follows makes reference to a number of photos we have sent along for you to see.

- Sharing a smile and a message for the day with the young one. This Brother arrived from Samoa recently and has adapted to the Fijian setting quickly. His enthusiasm and way of communicating bring a lot of joy to the young.

- Rugby is “the” sport of the Pacific, especially in Fiji. It is unthinkable to have a gathering of young people like at the Oratory and not play rugby. Everyone has a go, the boys and the girls, and little ones and the older ones.

- Brother Atonio Lealea playing with a little ones. They want to play anything, and Br. Atonio’s creativity in spontaneously making up different activities for the young is something to see and experience.

- There is a lot of noise and laughter at the Oratory in Suva… as one can imagine what it was like at Valdocco with the young and Don Bosco.

Enjoy!

20210325_PAC-(2).jpg

20210325_PAC-(3).jpg

20210325_PAC-(4).jpg

20210325_PAC-(5).jpg

20210325_PAC-(6).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5655(IV)_Alafua Community Sewing Program 0

2. 5634(I)_Suva Community – Charity support for some families 0

3. 5599(I)_Salesian Family Gathering: Fiji 0

4. 5594(I)_Holy Week - Saint John Bosco Parish, Suva (Fiji) 0

5. 5588(II)_“With the young at the oratory in Suva, Fiji” 0

6. 5573(I)_Solomon Islands Don Bosco Rural Training Centre Inauguration of scholastic year 0

7. 5513(I)_Pacific Regional Seminary (PRS) Graduation 2020 0

8. 5512(IV)_A New Oratory in the Fiji Islands 0

9. 5204(II)_Salesian Mission Day 2019 in Fiji 0

10. 5202(II)_Kiwi Bosco Youth Retreat 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
/ 10