?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20151103_CAM.jpg

Second Khmer Salesian story

By Cl. John Bosco Nary, SDB

Vocation does not come from willfulness. It comes from listening to God. I must listen to Him through my daily life and try to understand what it is truly about-quite apart from what I would like it to be about or my life will never represent anything real in the world, no matter how earnest my intentions…Before I would tell you my life what I want to do with it, I must listen to God telling me "who I am".

My name is JOHN NARY. I am 27 years old and the second oldest of four children in Buddhism family. I come from Cambodia, but now I am studying in Thailand. My primary schooling began at Phnom Domry School in Cambodia. When I was 17, I decided to stop my study for a few years (in High School), because I needed to work in order to earn money to support my brothers and sister who were studying in University and High School. At the same time my family moved to Steing Hav (Sihanouk Ville) where I got to know both the Salesians and the Catholic Church. I studied at Don Bosco Technical School of Sihanouk Ville for two years before entering the Brother Sunhouse (Aspirants House).

From my birth I grew as a Buddhist and then I converted to a Catholic Faith when I was 21 years old. I have been attracted to be Salesian in order contribute to the salvation of as many young people as possible. However, this sense of being called to be a Salesian was changing greatly in intensity throughout my years at Don Bosco School and during the beginning of my Vocation life. By the time I was second year at Don Bosco School, I found myself searching for something deeper, something that might only be fulfilled in seeking a vocation to be Salesian. After struggling with this for many months, I decided to enter Brother Sun-House.

My Don Bosco School provided daily Mass and regular Confession, which has enabled me to maintain my love for the sacraments. Salesians that have inspired me along my journey are Fr. John Visser and Fr. Albeiro Rodas Torres. These two Salesian priests have guided me along my journey and have definitely helped me in the good and bad. These Salesians and many more showed me the example of what it means to be a Salesian of Don Bosco. One who places others before themselves and truly expresses their love for God through their actions to help young people.

At present I have completed my third year of philosophy in Saengtham College, Sampran-Thailand and I can honestly say it has been a joyous school year. What I have experienced this past year no other career could offer me. I have been blessed by God to be on this path. I look forward to other years of formation where I am sure God will continue to bless me on this wonderful path he has given me.

God speaks to us in all these different ways. Life is not like a crossword or a Sudoku puzzle, where we have to analyses every clue and complete every answer in order to come to the end and reach a tidy conclusion. We simply get on with life, doing the best we can ''listen'' to God, paying attention to all these different ways listed above, seeing if there is a pattern, stopping to reflect when something strikes us with a new force or clarity. Usually, gradually, we find that we are being pulled in a certain direction, or we have enough to help us make a decision. And then, with trust and faith in God, we take the next step. Thank you..!

Salesian Mission in Cambodia will celebrate next year 25 years. Until now we count (only?) two professed SDB - both postnovices in Sampran, Thailand (Cl. Nary and Cl. Mony), one novice (FIS-Cebu) and two prenovices (FIS-Cebu and THA-Sampran). In the context of 7 Khmer Catholic priests and 5 Khmer FMA sisters it's an expression of slow but clear vitality of this very young Church, that was born again after the dark period of the Killing fields.

20151103_CAM1.jpg

20151103_CAM2.jpg

20151103_CAM3.jpg

20151103_CAM4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3802(II)_Staff Motivation Workshop for Managers of Don Bosco Hatrans

By Fr. Albeiro Rodas, SDB Kep, Cambodia, November 12, 2015 - The managers of the Technical Sections and leading positions of the Don Bosco Technical School in Kep Province, attended a workshop on Staff Motivation Skills led by Leadership Ca...
    Date2015.11.13 CategoryCamb. Reply1 Views2120 file
    Read More
  2. 3798_Cambodia experiences with the Salesian Missionary Voluntary Services

By Fr. Roel Soto, SDB THA-Cambodia Delegate - On the 11th November for one full day the 36 Salesians - Youth Ministry and Missionary Animation Delegates - from all EAO provinces gathered in Seoul, Korea - to study together about Salesian Vo...
    Date2015.11.11 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views1383 file
    Read More
  3. 3794(II)_Cambodia Delegation missionary appeal 2015

By Fr. Roel Soto, SDB Dear Salesians of East Asia - Oceania Region Phnom Penh, Cambodia, November 8, 2015 - We wish to ask our EAO region to assist us, the delegation of Cambodia, with confreres in the coming 10 years as we prepare our voca...
    Date2015.11.08 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views1531 file
    Read More
  4. 3791(II)_Delegation of Cambodia is preparing 25th anniversary in 2016

By Fr. Roel Soto, SDB Phnom Penh, Cambodia, November 5, 2015 - Our young Delegation of Cambodia was approved by the Rector Major only in 2014. At present we are only 9 confreres in two canonical communities of Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville. ...
    Date2015.11.06 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views1633 file
    Read More
  5. 3788_My Salesian Vocation – a joyful life of listening to God

Second Khmer Salesian story By Cl. John Bosco Nary, SDB Vocation does not come from willfulness. It comes from listening to God. I must listen to Him through my daily life and try to understand what it is truly about-quite apart from what I...
    Date2015.11.03 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views2622 file
    Read More
  6. 3783(II)_The vocation story of first Khmer Salesian

at the center one prenovice on his side two Khmer postnovices in Sampran, Thailand - Cl. Dary and Somony By Cl. Somony, SDB Sampran, Thailand, October 29, 2015 - Twenty five years after the start of the Salesian Mission in Cambodia there ar...
    Date2015.10.29 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views1432 file
    Read More
  7. 3778_The Governor praised the Don Bosco education as a model for the country

By Fr. Albeiro Rodas, SDB Kep, Cambodia, October 24, 2015 - H.E, Kem Satha, Governor of Kep Province, opened the works at the National Road 33A in the area of Thmey Village, Prey Thom District, the so called “Educative Town“, because it is ...
    Date2015.10.24 CategoryCamb. Reply1 Views2619 file
    Read More
  8. 3697_Sister Mary Tang, Cambodian Salesian sister forever

By Fr. Albeiro Rodas, SDB Phnom Penh, Cambodia, August 5, 2015 - Sister Mary Tang, the first Cambodian young woman to joint the Salesian Family in the Daughters of Mary Help, made her Perpetual Profession at the New Phnom Penh Pastoral Cent...
    Date2015.08.07 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views3747 file
    Read More
  9. 3676_2015 Cagliero Youth Immersion

By Fr. Roel Soto, SDB Phnom Penh, Cambodia - Twelve young people ranging from 17 to 32 years old from different Don Bosco Schools in Australia came for their immersion program under the Cagliero Project from June, 29th to July, 12th 2015. T...
    Date2015.07.18 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views1469 file
    Read More
  10. 3632_Mary Help of Youth and Women's Day in Don Bosco Kep

By Fr. Albeiro Rodas, SDB Kep City, Cambodia, May 25 - Fr. Gianluca Tavola, PIME missionary and Kampot Parish-priest, was the president of the Solemnity of Mary Help of Youth at the Don Bosco Birth's Monument in Kep City, while Mgr. Olivier...
    Date2015.05.26 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views1766 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
/ 9