austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20211126_VIE-(1).jpg

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB

Tan Tien, BaoLoc, VietNam, 21 November 2021 -- Every year, following the tradition of respecting teachers, Tan Tien Vocational College often organizes emulation activities in preparation for Vietnam Teachers' Day November 20. Due to the Covid-19 epidemic, students have to study online, so this year the main form of competition is to make wall newspapers. There are many poems, texts, songs, experiences or very meaningful and creative tiktok videos and clips about teachers that have been sent to the organizers. But one of the most outstanding works is a portrait of Don Bosco by Nguyen Thanh Long - a sudent of Accounting class no. 6. This is a creative drawing of Don Bosco, drawn by using the words “Don Bosco”, “Parents and Teachers” and the name of a close friend of the author.

The young student said that he had decided to draw a picture of Don Bosco with those words because they have a very important meaning in his life. He shared:

“The first words I chose was “Don Bosco”. Because I want to thank him and Fathers, Sisters and Teachers who have been bright stars that guide me and other young people to shining paths not as dark as before. The second words are “Parents and Teachers”. This is an expression of my gratitude to Parents and Teachers for the merits of birth and education. And the third word is the name of a close friend. With the hope that Don Bosco will be the one to connect and prove my promise and heart to that friend. I want to thank that friend for always being with me in every situation, giving me the will to overcome everything and giving me beautiful memories.”

This painting has won the Excellent prize in the contest “Gratitude to the ferryman” of Tan Tien Vocational High School in the school year 2021 – 2022 (in Vietnam a teacher is compared with a ferryman who acts as a mediator to bring generations of students to new horizons).

20211126_VIE-(2).jpg

20211126_VIE-(3).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5751(III)_Golden Straws for the Child Jesus

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 22 December 2021 -- In order to raise the spirit of solidarity, love and create meaningful activities during the Christmas season for Children, the Catechism department of Don Bosco Tam Hai Parish (Thu Duc – ...
    Date2021.12.23 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views2101 file
    Read More
  2. 5743(II)_Mass for Blessed Philip Rinaldi – Giving Cassocks and Ministries of Lector and Acolyte

Don Bosco Xuan Hiep, The VIE Theologate Community By Augustine DoPhuc,SDB Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 6 December 2021 -- At 5:30 am on 04 December 2021, at Philip Rinaldi Xuan Hiep Community (Thu Duc, Ho Chi Minh City), a Mass took place to ...
    Date2021.12.06 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views696 file
    Read More
  3. 5737(III)_Don Bosco Portrait Drawn With The Name Of Don Bosco

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Tan Tien, BaoLoc, VietNam, 21 November 2021 -- Every year, following the tradition of respecting teachers, Tan Tien Vocational College often organizes emulation activities in preparation for Vietnam Teachers' Da...
    Date2021.11.26 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1513 file
    Read More
  4. 5736(I)_The Provincial Community Celebrates Its Patron Saints

The Holy Martyrs of Vietnam By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Provincial House, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 24 November 2021 -- At 10:30 a.m on 24 November 2021, in the chapel of the Provincial Community, a Mass took place to celebrate the Vietnamese...
    Date2021.11.25 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views630 file
    Read More
  5. 5732(II)_VIE: Mass for New Missionaries of the 152nd Missionary Expedition

By Br. Hong Phuoc, SDB Provincial House, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 21 November 2021 -- Among 23 new missionaries of the 152nd missionary expedition there are seven from the Vietnam Province. At 10:30 on Monday, 15 November 2021, in the Cha...
    Date2021.11.21 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views789 file
    Read More
  6. 5730(II)_Don Bosco Tam Hai Parish: Bottles Of Love

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Tam Hai Parish, Thu Duc, HCM City, Vietnam, 19 November 2021 -- On 14 November 2021, the Feast of Vietnamese Martyrs, patron saints of Don Bosco Tam Hai parish (Thu Duc, HCM city), the parish priest, together with t...
    Date2021.11.19 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views2044 file
    Read More
  7. 5729(II)_Father Provincial Meets Students of Don Bosco Ben Cat

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 18 November 2021 -- At 19:30, on November 15, at the chapel of Don Bosco community in Ben Cat (Go Vap, Saigon), a meeting took place between Father Barnabas Le An Phong SDB and students fr...
    Date2021.11.18 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views783 file
    Read More
  8. 5727_Online Writing Contest on Gratitude To Educators

By Fr. Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Vietnam, HCM City, 13 November 2021 -- Vietnam's Teachers’ Gratitude Day (20 November) is almost here. In the context of not being able to organize normal activities to express gratitude to educators, ...
    Date2021.11.13 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1526 file
    Read More
  9. 5723(I)_Funeral Mass of Brother Vincent Hoang Van Chuyen, SDB

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 5 November 2021 -- At 8:00 a.m, on 3 November 2021, at Ben Cat parish (Go Vap District, Ho Chi Minh City), a funeral Mass was celebrated for Salesian Brother Vincent Hoang Van Chuyen, SDB....
    Date2021.11.05 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1186 file
    Read More
  10. 5722(VI)_VIE: Mass to pray for the deceased Salesians on All Souls Day

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 4 November 2021 -- At 8:30 a.m. 2 November 2021, at the cemetery of Don Bosco Tan Thinh parish, Cau Bong, Father Provincial Barnabas Le An Phong SDB presided at the Mass to pray for the de...
    Date2021.11.04 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views585 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 39 Next
/ 39