austraLasia

?

Shortcut

Prev上一页 文章

Next下一页 文章

Larger Font Smaller Font 向上 向下 Go comment 打印 附件

20150720_PNG.jpg

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB

Honiara, Solomon Islands - The ‘Share and Inspire’ program for Youth@Work participants held its second full day workshop day on 13th July 2015 at the Commonwealth Youth Program Pacific Initiative Hall, Solomon Islands. The program commenced at 9am and concluded at 4.30pm and was attended by 28 Youth@Work participants.

The ‘Problem Tree’ and ‘Photo Story’ exercises gave the participants an opportunity to interact with each other and share reflections and issues connected with their everyday life and activity.

After the initial warm-up, the participants through a brainstorming session ranked the following youth issues as their priorities - drugs, child abuse, unemployment, change in education, fear and alcohol. In small groups the ‘Problem Tree’ exercise gave the participants an ability to map out the interconnected cause and effect of the issue they had selected. The process of analysis built up a sense of shared understanding, purpose, ideas and action. In their presentations they were able to share their feelings and concerns and come up with possible solutions. A Problem Tree can then be turned around to be a Solution Tree.

“We have clearly identified the causes and effects of the issues of youth,” said Walasi George Kiriau. “The Problem Tree exercise has given us the ability to understand the problem and look at a possible solution”, said 27-year-old Marictus Hagu.

Animator Regina Lepping was amazed at the insights and the sharing of the group. “They are a group of youngsters with a lot of potential, who are able to dwell and reflect on the issues that matter to them”, she said.

“I realize that there needs to be communication and participation at all the levels of planning, implementation and evaluation to build up on greater social change,” said David Tarai.

The second part of the ‘Mission to Love’ film, highlighted Don Bosco, Father and Friend of Youth on his visit to meet the boys in prison. He received a cold reception as the youngsters taunted and shouted at him. This scene enabled the youngsters realize the issues of fear they face today.

The afternoon session dwelt on a ‘Photo Story’ to convey a clear message through photographs. The three well-composed and evocative photographs highlighting ‘Unemployment’ generated a lot of interaction and discussion.

The sessions gave the youth an opportunity to reflect, share and share their issues. “I learnt a lot from my other colleagues as they shared their views. I have also felt comfortable to share my point of view,” said Raywin Taroaniara.

“I have learnt that communication and participation are essential at all levels. The Problem Tree brings several issues to the surface and we are able to diagnose the problems easily,” said Alphonse Ganea, aged 26. “Similar programs need to be organized in our communities as well,” he said.

“Sharing our ideas furthers our understanding”, said Eddie Wagiro. Other participants echoed the same sentiments as well.

“We had a great time at our session and thank our dynamic animators Fr. Ambrose Pereira sdb, Christina Peroili and Regina Lepping. We look forward to enjoyable sessions ahead,” said 25-year-old Tyson Nare.

The second part of the program will be a Participatory Video workshop to be held from 20th to 23rd July, 2015 at the Commonwealth Program Initiative Hall, Solomon Islands. The program has been coordinated by the Secretariat of the Pacific Community for members of the Youth@Work project. It is participatory in nature and is held in collaboration with the Salesians of Don Bosco, Solomon Islands and the School of Communication for Social Change, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.

20150720_PNG1.jpg

20150720_PNG2.jpg

20150720_PNG3.jpg

20150720_PNG4.jpg

20150720_PNG5.jpg

上传附件

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

文件大小限制 : 0MB (只允许上传指定的扩展名。 : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3686(II)_Creating Social Change through short films

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Honiara, Solomon Islands - Inspiring and reflective short films on youth issues were screened on the 23rd July at the Commonwealth Youth Program Campus, Panatina, Solomon Islands at 3pm. It brought the Youth@Work...
    Date2015.07.26 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views6812 file
    Read More
  2. 3682(II)_Participatory video production highlights change

Raywin Taroaniara delighted to be taking her first shots with a video camera By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Panatina, Solomon Islands - Youngster between the ages of 18 to 27 years participated in the second part of the ‘Share and Inspire’ pro...
    Date2015.07.22 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views5080 file
    Read More
  3. 3679(II)_Create change through communication and participation

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Honiara, Solomon Islands - The ‘Share and Inspire’ program for Youth@Work participants held its second full day workshop day on 13th July 2015 at the Commonwealth Youth Program Pacific Initiative Hall, Solomon Is...
    Date2015.07.20 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2720 file
    Read More
  4. 3672_Thinking Together for Future Directions

Diverse minds come together to plan a direction for the future By Ms Arlene Abital Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea - STAKEHOLDERS focused on the Technical Education for the Young in Papua New Guinea as they came together for the First Don Bo...
    Date2015.07.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1951 file
    Read More
  5. 3671(II)_The change begins with me

Fr. Ambrose Pereira sdb animating the session By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Honiara, Solomon Islands - 45 Youth@Work members gathered at the Commonwealth of Learning Complex, on the 9th July 2015 for the ‘Share and Inspire’ program. The parti...
    Date2015.07.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views3469 file
    Read More
  6. 3663_Wishes for a successful student life

Prince Andrew visits Don Bosco Technological Institute, Papua New Guinea By Ms. Arlene Abital East Boroko, PNG, July 3 - Don Bosco Technological Institute, East Boroko was privileged and honored to be visited by His Royal Highness, The Duke...
    Date2015.07.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2431 file
    Read More
  7. 3652_Every time I think of you, I feel joy in my heart!

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Fr. Valeriano Barbero, SDB pioneer missionary to Papua New Guinea completed 48 years of life as a Salesian priest. He reflects on his experience of faith and mission recalling incidents that have made him think. ...
    Date2015.06.17 CategoryPGS Reply2 Views3701 file
    Read More
  8. 3601_The earthquake has made one more day Rector Major in Solomon Islands (RM in EAO_8)

By Fr Dominic Kachira, SDB Bosconians’ day with the Rector Major in Solomon Islands Tetere, Solomon Islands, 5 May 2015: The 3rd and last day of the Rector Major’s visit to Solomon Islands on 5 May 2015 was spent with the Bosconians of Tete...
    Date2015.05.05 CategoryPGS Reply1 Views3279 file
    Read More
  9. 3600_Rector Major Bolsters DB’s 20-year Presence in Solomon Islands (RM in EAO_7)

By Our Own Correspondent SOLOMON ISLANDS, May 4 2015—The visit of Fr. Ángel in the Solomon Islands was full of many meaningful events from the early morning up to late evening; it was indeed truly a Feast of Thanksgiving. More than 400 yout...
    Date2015.05.05 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1775 file
    Read More
  10. 3596_Solomon Islands: 20 years celebration of the Salesian presence in this country (RM in EAO_6)

By Alfred Lenon The second country visited by the Rector Major during his 2015 Oceania trip is the Solomon Islands. There are seven Salesians, four FMA sisters and three Salesian cooperators in this country. There are two Salesian communiti...
    Date2015.05.03 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1755 file
    Read More
目录
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 Next
/ 54