austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160804_PGS.jpg

By Ms. Arlene Abital

Port Moresby, PNG, 31 July 2016 -- “Save the Best for Last”, that’s what people say. The simplicity of souls from the Oratorians at East Boroko, Port Moresby captured the hearts of the young Akkordeon Harmonists from the Federal Republic of Germany. The concert held on the 31st of July, 2016 at the gymnasium of Don Bosco Technological Institute for the children in the Oratory was the last performance to conclude their 20-day PNG Tour.

Headed by Fr. Pankaj Xalxo, SDB-Rector of Savio Haus Aspirante with other Salesian Priests, Brothers and Aspirants, the children at the Oratory enjoyed the rhythm and beat of the selected pieces. The awe struck Oratorians gazed at that instruments and listened attentively to every item presented by the Harmonists. The simplicity of their speech and gestures, their low noise, sweet smile, loud applause and heartwarming prayers will definitely be missed by the guests.

The Chief Conductor presented a bag of toys for the children as tokens of their gratitude while the selected Oratorians, aspirants and Br. Reto Wanner, SDB presented a dance item as a deep appreciation of their presence with the Oratorians. A young girl said “Thank you”, speaking on behalf of the Oratorians. Br. Sylvester Kuli, SDB translated the words of Don Bosco into the local language “A house without music is like a body without a soul” he said as he reminded them about the importance of music.

His Excellency Eberhard Pfeiffer, German Consul General to Papua New Guinea joined the children in wishing the visitors a safe trip “Bon Voyage and Godspeed”. The concert ended with the Akkordeon Harmonists’ rendition of “We are the World” as the last item, upon the request of Mr. Pfeiffer.

One of the Harmonists, Isabelle Engel, age 18, said, “I felt, the kids were astounded when they heard the accordion music. They were amazed to hear 18 accordion players. I was moved when after the concert the kids came to the stage, shook my hands and said ‘Thank You’.

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )