Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
PGS
2021.07.06 16:43

5645_Listen, Ponder and Evangelize

Views 1730 Comment 0

20210706_PGS-(1).jpg

Retreat for Salesians

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB

Port Moresby, PNG, 6 July 2021 -- “Reflective, inspiring and evangelizing” was the joyous expression of Fr Eduardo Revilla who displayed the radiance of a heart filled with the Spirit. He commented on the Salesian Retreat recently held.

The Retreat commenced on 27 June and concluded on 2 July, 2021. The 17 participants also included a diocesan priest and a Sister of Jesus. Three additional confreres joined the retreat online.

Fr Gregorio Bicomong, Superior of the vice-province, was the preacher of the retreat. In his opening talk he invited the participants to: ‘Stop and listen to the Lord’ and reflect on what God is calling each one to do.

“Every day the Lectio Divina and retreat talks gave us a lot of ‘hand tools’ and ‘armour’ for our missionary journey as consecrated men and women as well as motivation for our daily apostolate” said Br. Reto Wanner SDB.

The multimedia presentations with sound clips and a handout at the end of each session together with the well animated Eucharistic celebrations, adorations and good nights were moments where the participants brought to prayer their joys, struggles and challenges. “The talks and the presentations were powerful and clear with the aid of videos and slides. It was a good follow of what was on screen that kept us pondering the entire day. The work of the Emmaus staff and good weather also contributed much to the positive atmosphere of the retreat”, said Fr Angelo Fazzini.

“The powerful questions such as: What are you doing? Do I preach Jesus? or Am I authentic in doing the Mission? challenged me to reflect and pray that I may do the will of God in the best way possible. At times I am afraid to see the reality of the Mission, to realize its difficulties, and obstacles. However, I find consolation and hope that God is always there, and I have been chosen to be his simple servant. I therefore need to do my duties extraordinarily well and let God do the rest”, said Fr Arjuna, a recent addition to the vice-province who made his first retreat as a missionary in the vice-province.

Fr Michelo Morando, a diocesan priest on his way to Italy expressed his joy at being able to be part of the enriching retreat together with the Salesian confreres. “I feel evangelized by your kindness and brotherhood. Being alone as Parish Priest, I utterly appreciate community and family life”.

The program outlined for each day was well coordinated by Fr Joseph Thanh. “The schedule has given us enough time for reflection, rest and relaxation. The food has been good, sufficient and with a rich variety” said Fr Edwin Genovia.

“The Lectio Divina was filled with information and had a lot of room for reflection. The rich information has challenged us not to be pre-occupied in our own world. The life changing examples of the Cannonball experience of St Ignatius of Loyola, Sr Clare Crockett, the drug addict turned priest and the mother who eventually became a Catholic because of a Filipina friend challenges us to a life of commitment and authenticity”, said Fr Clifford Morris.

“It has been an occasion for me to stop and look back to see if I have been on the right track and followed my Salesian Identity. The Lord has been shepherding us in order that we gain strength to shepherd the sheep in the schools and in the parishes”, said Br Conrad Vamilat sdb.

“The retreat has led me to lay down my preconceived views and see the issues that surround us through God's eyes” said Sr Senorita Mi Jung Kim, SCG. “I am grateful for the invitation to this retreat. The beautiful liturgy, the delicious meals and the moments of prayer have been very enriching,” she continued.

“The retreat has been a challenge that has helped me understand my mission. Despite the many difficulties, the Salesians still move on, because we know that: ‘It is not my will, but the will of God be done! We pray for strength to take the chalice with hope and assurance” said Fr Joseph Tinh.

20210706_PGS-(2).jpg

20210706_PGS-(3).jpg

20210706_PGS-(4).jpg

20210706_PGS-(5).jpg

20210706_PGS-(6).jpg

20210706_PGS-(7).jpg

20210706_PGS-(8).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5649(II)_Be Responsible when using Social Media

By Nigel Akuani Port Moresby, PNG, 15 July 2021 -- Young people and adults have been urged to be responsible when using Social Media through the application of their common sense. This inherent truth was left by students from Caritas Techni...
    Date2021.07.15 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1268 file
    Read More
  2. 5649(I)_Your mask protects me

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 15 July 2021 -- COVID-19 has brought with it a virus that has caused worldwide destruction and death. The discovery of the vaccine and its rollout in Papua New Guinea has not been accepted in t...
    Date2021.07.15 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views744 file
    Read More
  3. 5647(I)_43 Independence Day celebrations of Solomon Islands

By Tetere Parish member Tetere Solomon Islands, 11 July 2021 -- The Salesisn Parish Christ the King, Tetere, celebrated 43 Independence Day celebrations at DBRTC Grounds on 7th July. This is one of the first of a kind celebrations organised...
    Date2021.07.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2735 file
    Read More
  4. 5645_Listen, Ponder and Evangelize

Retreat for Salesians By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 6 July 2021 -- “Reflective, inspiring and evangelizing” was the joyous expression of Fr Eduardo Revilla who displayed the radiance of a heart filled with the S...
    Date2021.07.06 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1730 file
    Read More
  5. 5641_Called to something ‘beyond’

By Christopher William Lee, Volunteer Christopher (28) is a registered nurse from Florida, USA. He comes from a family of eight children whom he says are: “crazy and awesome at the same time”. Florida is hot and lined with palm ...
    Date2021.07.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1150 file
    Read More
  6. 5639(I)_Visions and expectations of the Mission

By Fr. Arjuna Lamapaha, SDB Salesian Priest recently ordained as priest on 7 October 2020 He hails from the vice-province of Indonesia (INA), belongs to the 151st Missionary Expedition He is sent on Mission Ad Gentes to the vice-province of...
    Date2021.06.28 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views743 file
    Read More
  7. 5636(III)_Positive impact through Media

By Lucy Napitalai Boroko, PNG, 25 June 2021 -- Students of Don Bosco Technological Institute (DBTI) joined other students with their teacher animators from Catholic schools in Port Moresby for a weekend program of Media Education Seminar (M...
    Date2021.06.25 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views589 file
    Read More
  8. 5627(I)_Project Scraper launched at DBTS, Gabutu

A Mission Solidarity Project of Don Bosco Technical School in Papua New Guinea By Rica S. Lavilla Salesian Cooperator and Mission Group Animator DB Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 9 June 2021 -- Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu launched its &l...
    Date2021.06.10 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1075 file
    Read More
  9. 5626(II)_Catholic Men of Christ the King Parish Tetere come together to re-evangelise Christian communities

By Parappilly Robinson, SDB Tetere, Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands, 9 June 2021 -- Christ the King Parish, Tetere, has hosted its 3rd "Papas gathering" with the theme, Papas formed, Holy and sent forth for the mission following the theme for ...
    Date2021.06.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views900 file
    Read More
  10. 5625(I)_PGS Celebrates Salesian Mission Day 2021 Amidst the Pandemic

By Rica S. Lavilla – Salesian Cooperator Boroko, Port Moresby, PNG: -- The 5th of June 2021 brought together representatives from the different groups of the Salesian Family of the Vice Province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands...
    Date2021.06.08 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views667 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 54 Next
/ 54