Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
MYM
2018.01.07 09:07

4602_ "Then I Order You, Do It!"

Views 620 Comment 0

20180107_MYM.jpg

From the auto-biography of Br. Kramar (1919-2007), 'A Brother to Asians'

By Our Own Correspondent

Mandalay, Myanmar, 7 January 2018 -- For the MYM Viceprovince is now a special time of collecting first preliminary materials for the possible cause of Beatification of Fr. Fortunato Giacomin (1920-2000).

One of the most mobile missionaries, Slovanian Salesian Brother Jozef Kramar (1919-2007) offers in his Auto-Biograpy 'A Brother To Asians' [Ed. Don Bosco Press, Inc - Manila, 2001, 64 pages] a moving testimony of strong faith, dynamic fraternal life during his stay in Mandalay community (Burma - Myanmar) before he was expelled in 1966. That time Fr. Giacomin was his Rector and Br. Kramar was in charge of the Furniture Department in Don Bosco Technical School.

'But what was bothering us for a long time, was a badly needed boarding house for about 200 boarders.

On a bright morning, during my lesson of drafting, the Rector entered our classroom, he listened for some time to my lesson, and then he approached me and asked me 'Why don't you make the plan for the boarding house?' - "Father, I'm not an architect," was my simple answer.... He smiled and said, "Yout can always go bit out of your way!" At the end of the month, with the cooperation of my students, the plan was drawn and presented to him...

But each contractor was asking over 300.000 kyats and we had only 100.000 kyats available. When I informed the Rector, he looked at me as usually did and then he asked me "Why don't you do it?" I was quite excited and said to him, "Father, you know that I'm not a contractor, I can't do it! I'm only a furniture makes, you know that..." With his calmness and kindness, he interrupted, "Yes! Brother, I know that, and I also know, that you are not an architect, and yet, you have make the plans for this wonderful building".

"Yes, Father, I said, "I have made the plans because you ordered me." - "So, then... I order you." He smiled and put his hand on my shoulder as he said, "Go ahead, and God will bless your work!" And God did bless our work and did help us out.... On the Feast of the Immaculate Conception in 1962, there was the blessing of the corner corner stone and the next year on the same feast, there was blessing of the completed four story boarder's building to the happiness and joy of all..."

The Chronicle of the Don Bosco Technical school points: "In 1957, Fr. Fortunato Giacomin, who succeeds Fr. Balocco, continues the expansion programme: in 1958, he builds 400 feet, two-storey building of the school for day scholars and in 1962-63 a new spacious four‑storey ferroconcrete building. Thus undoubtedly the Salesians come to have the best school in Mandalay, merely for its buildings, but especially for the excellent results and discipline. During Fr. Giacomin's rectorate the number of pupils increased from 1200 to about 1800."

Br. Jozef Kramar, originally from Slovenia, was a missionary in India, Burma, Philippines (Don Bosco Boys Town-Cebu and Tondo-Manila) and Papua New Guinea (Araimiri, Vunabosco, Kumgi and East Boroko). He passed away in Ljubljana in 2007.

We pray, that many Salesians and Friends of Don Bosco will provide their personal testimonials about the life of Fr. Giacomin. We pray for the health of Fr. Joachim Ye Maung who is in charge to collect the first preliminary Dossier about this excellent Salesians.

Related materials:

20180107_MYM1.jpg

20180107_MYM2.jpg

20180107_MYM3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5843(I)_Myanmar SDBs blessed with a new Deacon

By A Maung Maung SDB Anisakan, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 30 July 2022 -- On June 29 2022, at 7:00 a.m. (local time), the Vice-Province of Myanmar was blessed with another newly ordained Salesian Deacon, Henry Go Lam Thang, SDB, at the Shrine o...
    Date2022.07.31 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views545 file
    Read More
  2. 5810(III)_Six Newly Professed Young Salesians from Myanmar

By A.Maung Maung, SDB St. Joseph Chapel, Don Bosco Provincialate, Anisakan, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 23 May 2022 -- Today, six young Salesians from the Vice-Province of Myanmar (MYM) have made their First Profession, in the presence of Fr. Bo...
    Date2022.05.23 CategoryMYM Reply1 Views1040 file
    Read More
  3. 5802(I)_New Rector for DB Yangon

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Don Bosco Provicialate, Anisakan, Myanmar, 7 May 2022 -- On 2 May 2022, Fr. Saw Thi Han Lwin Charles, SDB was installed as the new rector of Don Bosco Vocational Centre, Hlaing Tha Yar, Yangon, for a three-year term o...
    Date2022.05.08 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1211 file
    Read More
  4. 5770(IV)_Silver Jubilee of St John Bosco Parish Church Lashio Diocese

By A. Maung Maung SDB Hsipaw City, Northern Shan State, Myanmar, 2 February 2022 -- On January 31, 2022, as we celebrated the feast day of our founder, St John Bosco, we also have had an opportunity to rejoice over the Silver Jubilee of St....
    Date2022.02.03 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views708 file
    Read More
  5. 5770(III)_Solidarity with less fortunate families

By AUNG ZAW WIN Bosco,SDB Myitkyina, Myanmar 30 January 2022 -- On the first day of 2022, God blessed our province with the new mission, St Michael Parish, entrusted by Myikyina diocese, in the northern state of Myanmar. This parish compris...
    Date2022.02.03 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1123 file
    Read More
  6. 5764(I)_New Rector of Don Bosco Provincialate Installed…”

By A.Maung Maung,SDB Don Bosco Provicialate, Anisakan, Myanmar, 16 January 2022 -- On 15 January 2022, Fr. Leo Neng Khan Mang, SDB was installed as the new rector of Don Bosco Provincialate in Anisakan, for a three-year term of office. We b...
    Date2022.01.17 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views949 file
    Read More
  7. 5755_Entrustment of St Michael's Myo Thit Kyi Parish to Salesians

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Myitkyina, Kachin State, Myanmar, January 3 2022 -- On January 1 2022, as we welcomed the new year 2022 and celebrated the solemnity of the Holy Mother of God, a new parish of St Michael's Myo Thit Kyi, in Myikyin...
    Date2022.01.03 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views938 file
    Read More
  8. 5751(II)_Course for the vocational trainees and the gathering of the Past Pupils

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Don Bosco-Myitkyina, Myanmar, 22 December 2021 -- A full three-day course for the trainees at Don Bosco Vocational Centre was held by the youth commission of the vice-province of Myanmar, from 17-20 December 2021, in ...
    Date2021.12.23 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views734 file
    Read More
  9. 5748(II)_Quinquennium Course in MYM Viceprovince 2021

Anisakan, Myanmar, 16 December 2021 -- Twelve young Salesian priests from Myanmar Vice-province spent 3 days on their 'Quinquennium' Formation with the theme of "What Kind of Salesian for the Youth in Myanmar today" in the Anisakan ...
    Date2021.12.16 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1378 file
    Read More
  10. 5729(I)_Salesian Brother Vocation Promoted in Myanmar

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 18 November 2021 -- On 13 November 2021, on the feast day of Bl. Artemides Zatti, SDB, who led the holy Salesian Brother Vocation till the last breath, Don Bosco Nazareth community organized a s...
    Date2021.11.18 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1126 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 Next
/ 16