Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180521_MYM.jpg

Interview with Bro. Ambrose

By Our Own Correspondent

Myitkyina, Myanma, 19 May 2018 --

What’s make you happy or what fills your heart with joy?

During my stay in Myitkyina 24/7 with our boys in the VTC, especially when see their graduation, getting safe… These are the moments of deeper satisfaction. In spite of the daily difficulty, I’m happy in their midst.

Who was your Salesian Brother model?

I was attracted by Blessed Brother Artemide Zatti! I admire the way how he served so many people.

What does sustation your Salesian vocation?

Community life, presence among the boys – it’s fully engaging commitment. I’m trying to save them and in turn they are saving me! Even if I’m tempted my own ‘things’ but it would not compatible with my religious commitment, they protect me from these temptations.

How did you discern the Salesian Brother vocation?

I don’t’ know indeed why! There was something deep in my heart simply telling me, that in this form of Salesian vocation I can serve with more fruits. Jesus is my model as a Good Shepherd, now always weary the Salesian Cross… it reminds me to be Good shepherd for our boys. Their life is easily broken, very fragile is they are exposed to the society. Even though they might escape from Don Bosco to their previous temptation – easy to use drugs, broken families are not very supportive and it’s easy to do ‘bad things’ or just live without a purpouse.

What is your favourite prayer?

One Our Father and three Hail Mary, saying every day before already learnt in my childhood, from one of our catechists.

What can we do better for the Salesian Brother promotion in Myanmar?

No idea, but what is sure that the clericalism is very strong, but people notice the two forms, but they don’t’ ask about the Brother – see something different, but they don’t understand. Better to explain our vocation by action, since the mindset of the Catholics is just focused on the Priest. In the past we tried.. It’s not easy to help the ordinary Catholics to understand religious Brother vocation. Even among the Salesians, some don’t understand. Difficult to explain.

However MYM is a Salesian Brother friendly provincial community, but we need to improve. We don’t have much work for the Brothers. Eg. We run the VTC Myitkyina is here, but we still miss the system.

As participant in the previous 2013 EAO Brother Congress in Hua Hin?

Yes, I get know more Salesian Brother and learn, what they are doing there. Like one week long strong family experience, like a family coming from many different countries together.

Expectations from the 2018 EAO Brother Congress?

To learn some Salesian Brother experience in the other 22 countries and apply it here! For example about the management or administration of Don Bosco schools and Oratories.

What did you learn from Myitkyina boys?

I have learnt a lot from our boys. First - staying with them, there is a variety of characters. Like to become with them patiently, help me to get a vision for them. Now I’m more patient and unconditional acceptance, even some IDP (domestic refugees). Some of them have clear dream, they are really committed and they try. All troublemakers are Catholics. Majority are of good quality. Problem boys are our best friends.

As MYM Salesian brother coordinator? Any wish?

I would like to suggest that each Salesian Brother is prepared for a true professional work, to be committed to some practical work with appropriate skills. In this way also in front of the government our non-formal VTC with non-professional paradigm may improve the quality. We need to train little by little, one by one each Brother. After qualification studies some Brothers may substitute others in the mission field.

20180521_MYM1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5945(I)_MYM: Strenna Presentation

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 14 February 2023 -- The presentation of Strenna 2023 took place over two days in Anisakan, Myanmar. On the first day, the event began with the Holy Mass celebrated by Fr. Marino Soe Naing, SDB at 7:...
    Date2023.02.14 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views587 file
    Read More
  2. 5939(III)_With Pope Francis praying and appealing for peace in Myanmar

Adapted from FIDES Agency MYM, 2 February 2023 -- There is a ghostly silence in the cities, villages and countryside of Myanmar today (February 1, 2023). Large parts of the civilian population, religious communities, associations, companies...
    Date2023.02.02 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views379 file
    Read More
  3. 5923(I)_Perpetual Profession in Myanmar

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 2 January 2023 -- Cl. Justin Aung Htet Zaw, SDB made his Perpetual Profession in the presence of Fr Bosco Nyi Nyi, SDB (the superior) on 30 December 2022, to live in Obedience, Poverty, and Chastity...
    Date2023.01.02 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views596 file
    Read More
  4. 5907(III)_Thanksgiving Mass for the gift of St. Artemides Zatti

By A.Maung Maung,SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 12 December 2022 --The Vice-Province of Myanmar celebrated holy mass on December 10, 2022, at the Shrine of MHC, in order to thank the Good Lord for the canonization of St. Artemides Zatti. The mass, ...
    Date2022.12.12 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views397 file
    Read More
  5. 5906(II)_Presentation by Commissions MYM

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 12 December 2022 -- On December 09 2022, all the confreres all over Myanmar gathered in the hall of the Provincialate to listen to the presentations of the different commissions. The e...
    Date2022.12.12 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views482 file
    Read More
  6. 5905(III)_Two Salesians ordained priests in Myanmar

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 11 December 2022 --On 8 December 2022, at 7:00 a.m. local time, the Vice-Province of Myanmar was blessed with two newly ordained Salesian priests, namely Fr. Anthony Vallence, SDB and ...
    Date2022.12.11 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views868 file
    Read More
  7. 5888(III)_Short Visit of EAO Regional to Myanmar

By Fr. A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar 6 November 2022 -- The short visit of the EAO Regional, Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc, SDB to the vice-province of Myanmar took place from October 28 to November 5 2022. Due to the ...
    Date2022.11.06 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1131 file
    Read More
  8. 5888(II)_Death and funeral of Fr Joachim Ye Maung

By Fr. A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar , 6 November 2022 -- On October 31 2022, at 4:30 P.M, Fr. Joachim Ye Maung, SDB, one of the most senior confreres from the vice-province of Myanmar, returned to our Heavenly Father&...
    Date2022.11.06 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1168 file
    Read More
  9. 5865(VI)_Myanmar Salesian Retreat

By Fr. Edward Sein Myint, SDB AnisakanPyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 12 September 2022 -- The Annual Spiritual Retreat for the 33 Salesian priests and perpetually professed confreres was held at Anisakna-Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, from 5-10 September 2...
    Date2022.09.12 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views655 file
    Read More
  10. 5846(I)_New Novice Director well-equipped for his ministry of Accompaniment

MYM Vice-province, 5 August 2022 -- Prepared over a lengthy periodby the SDB Formation sector (RMG) the first batch of the 25 SDB Accompaniment School 'graduates' returned to their home provinces after 5 weeks in Don Bosco's pla...
    Date2022.08.05 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views566 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 Next
/ 16