austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160816_MYM.jpg

By Fr. Joachim Ye Maung, SDB

Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 15 August 2016 -- When I was the Delegate of Myanmar in the year 2000, we were getting some philosophy teachers from India (Calcutta, Bombay and Nashik) just for a month or so, and we wanted to qualify our Brothers better and so I approached Fr. Stanislaus Swammikanu (Chennai province). Just then Fr. Julien was teaching in Yercaud and Fr. Stanislaus put me into contact with me. Thus we found the great treasure for our vice province. He was not only teaching Philosophy, but he found out that our young confrere were thirsty for general knowledge and so he taught and shared with them all possible and useful general knowledge.

For some years he was teaching and sharing the general knowledge with the FMA Sisters from Anisakan and their Aspirants. When our Philosophate was shifted from Anisakan to Pyin Oo Lwin, he followed us too. He was assisting our Post-novices during their daily and night study, guiding and coaching those who were poor in studies. He takes up the daily Masses, good night talks any day, monthly recollection available any time, in short wonderful cheerful Salesian: always popular and really liked by the young confreres.

He brought thousands of philosophical books in the digital form and set them up in our Studentate library. From last year he also started teaching in the National Major Seminary in Pyin Oo Lwin. The professors from the Seminary are very much taken up with him. We are happy for his last many years of service and wish Fr. Julien a good health! He became already a solid 'external' member of our community.

We asked Fr. Julien few questions about his global teaching of philosophy in Salesian Studentates around the world:

How did you start this global philosophy professor mission?

It was very simple: My rector presented me the letter of the rector major asking for teachers in Jerusalem. So, i went.

What were and are your destinations to teach philosophy?

Cremisan (Holy Land), Lubumbashi (RD Congo), Adigrat (Ethiopia), Port Au Prince (Haiti), Ibadan (Nigeria), India(Yercaud, Nashik, Sonada, Bengaluru) Moshi (Tanzania), Pyin Oo Lwin (Myanmar) And Kotadenyawa (Sri Lanka).

What does motivate you to continue this mission for past 10 years?

It is a wonderful job for the congregation, within the different situations. it makes me very happy.

As a possible 'Ambassador of Project Europe' what is your message to the non-European young SDB about the old continent Salesian future and their possible contribution?

As far as i am concerned: the forwarding of a simple message:

God is not a problem, God is not(iii)…that is the problem or in other words :

Do not make (a) God (your God). Let God be God!

In faith and reason this mission fills a life to the full. It’s brimming over!

20160816_MYM1.jpg

20160816_MYM2.jpg

20160816_MYM3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5387(V)_Cardinal Charles Bo and Fr Edward Myint

ALA_5387 50 years of Salesian religious life By Fr Mariano Soe Naing Anisakan, Myanmar, 24 May 2020 -- At 6:30 a.m. a simple, yet solemn Eucharistic celebration was celebrated by a 'Golden' Salesian, Fr. Edward Ba Si (Sein Myint) in the Ch...
    Date2020.05.26 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views537 file
    Read More
  2. 5378_Domestic volunteers – Anisakan, Nazareth House

ALA_5378 Interview with Fr Bosco Zeya Aung – domestic volunteers MYM Anisakan, Myanmar, 17 May 2020 -- Founded in 1957, the Nazareth Aspirantate in Anisakan (Mandalay archdiocese) is considered to be the Valdocco of Myanmar, the Mother hou...
    Date2020.05.17 CategoryMYM Reply1 Views860 file
    Read More
  3. 5372(I)_Weathering the 'perfect storm': preparing for a new world

ALA_5372 By Cardinal Charles Bo Yangon, Myanmar, 9 May 2020 -- The Covid-19 pandemic around the world is now a “perfect storm”. It challenges our ways of living, working and celebrating. The impact in Myanmar until now has been slower in c...
    Date2020.05.11 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1174 file
    Read More
  4. 5314(III)_Cardinal Bo asks Asian Bishops to entrust Corona Virus to Our Lady of Lourdes

ALA_5314 By Charles Cardinal Bo Yangon, Myanmar, 11 February 2020 -- Cardinal Charles Maung Bo, SDB, Archbishop of Yangon (Myanmar) and President of the FABC (Federation of Asian Bishops’ Conferences), has appealed to all bishops of Asia (F...
    Date2020.02.11 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views659 file
    Read More
  5. 5312(III)_Missionary Sisters of Mary Help of Christians in Myanmar

ALA_5312 Fifth group of Salesian Family in Myanmar: Missionary Sisters of Mary Help of Christians By MYM social communication Anisakan, Myanmar, 7 February 2020 -- Do you know how many Salesian Family Groups there are in the world? We have ...
    Date2020.02.08 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1160 file
    Read More
  6. 5308(III)_Blessed Ceferino Namuncura book finally published in Burmese

ALA_5308 A Wonderful gift to Burmese youth By Fr. Leo Mang Anisakan - Myanmar, 1 February 2020 -- After long years of patient work by Fr Edward Ba Si (Myint), one of the senior translators in Myanmar, the beautiful biography of Blessed Cefe...
    Date2020.02.02 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views776 file
    Read More
  7. 5306(II)_132nd Salesian Bishop ordained in Lashio - Myanmar

ALA_5306 God's Grace is Sufficient! (2 Cor 12: 9) By ouw own correspondent Lashio - Sacred Heart Cathedral, Myanmar, 30 January 2020 -- Since the establishment of Lashio diocese in 1990 the second episcopal ordination was celebrated on 29 J...
    Date2020.01.30 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1015 file
    Read More
  8. 5305(I)_Welcome to Lashio diocese in Myanmar

ALA_5305 Coming together for the episcopal ordination in Lashio By our own correspondent Lashio, Northern Shan State, Myanma, 29 January 2020 -- Three days of celebration in the compound of the Catholic Sacred Heart of Jesus Cathedral in La...
    Date2020.01.29 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views826 file
    Read More
  9. 5304(II)_Where Salesian bishops are born - Nazareth House

ALA_5304 Nazareth House in Anisakan welcomes Cardinal Charles Bo By Fr. Bosco Zeya Aung Nazareth House, Anisakan, Myanmar, 28 January 2020 -- On the way to the episcopal ordination in Lashio (29 January) of our confrere, Fr Lucas Dau Ze, ma...
    Date2020.01.28 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views524 file
    Read More
  10. 5303(I)_Many boys and a dream in Nazareth House, Anisakan

ALA_5303 166 years ago in Valdocco - today in Anisakan Nazareth Aspirantate, Anisakan, Myanmar, 26 January 2020 -- On the evening of 26 January 1854, Don Bosco called four promising boys to his room and suggested them to put in practice the...
    Date2020.01.27 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views668 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 Next
/ 16