austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

DSC00959.jpg

By Julio Mota, SDB

Comoro, Dili. Timor-Leste, 8 September 2022 -- After having completed his studies in Indonesia, Brother Joãozinho Joko Purwanto, SDB (aka Bro. Joko) finally made his perpetual profession as a Salesian Brother. Before the celebration, Bro. Joko was accompanied by his elder sister and his brother-in-law and some relatives to be presented to the Provincial Superior of TLS Vice-Province, Fr. Anacleto Pires, SDB. This way ymbolically the family of Bro. Joko had offered their son to God through the Salesian congregation. After some minutes, the Archbishop of Dili arrived. His Eminence Virgílio Cardinal do Carmo da Silva, SDB was welcomed by the parish priest of Comoro, Fr. Joao Roque, SDB accompanied by the TLS Provincial, Fr. Anacleto Pires, SDB, and the faithful. Cardinal Virgílio presided over the Eucharist in the feast of the Nativity of Our Lady and the Perpetual Vows. There were 29 concelebrating priests, Salesian brothers, FMA sisters, and other sisters from different religious institutes. Brother Bernardus Mei, SDB represented the Provincial of Indonesia Vice-Province and all confreres in Indonesia.

In the homily, Cardinal Virgílio invited all to reflect on how God has raised his Son’s mother to partake in the joy and heaven’s life since Mary’s role as our Redeemer's mother and her acceptance of fulfilling the mission to the end. With the birth of Mary, she brought light to the world, Jesus our Saviour. No creature can bring this light and can do like what the Blessed Virgin Mary did. We thanked God because we have received a gift that Mary is not only the mother of God’s Son but also she is our mother too.

As reiterated by Cardinal Virgílio, before entering Colégio Fatumaca, Brother Joko was a Muslim. Even though he was accepted afterward to study in the Colégio Fatumaca, it took three years for him to be brave enough to express his desire to be a Salesian. As he was told he must be baptized first before becoming a Salesian. On Pentecost day of 2011, he was baptized, made his First Communion, and at the same time, received Confirmation. What a blessing!

For Bro. Joko, during his stay in Fatumaca, got inspired and motivated by the examples of the Salesians. The calling to be a coadjutor brother was his option and this made up his mind as he was searching and he chose to offer himself to the young people. He left everything and old things to win everything. He wanted to serve God through the Salesian charism, not serving two or three persons only, but serving many people. Despite temptations and worldly allurements, Bro. Joko wanted to look for the highest joy, the best joy. Let’s pray for the intention of Bro. Joko so that he may become God’s useful instrument to serve and help young people in Don Bosco’s way, the way of holiness. All of this can be a reality for Bro. Joko, as stated in the motto of his perpetual profession, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”(Phil.4:13).

IMG_0206.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

DSC01127.jpg

DSC01133.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5905(II)_22 Young Men answer "Yes" to God's Call

By TLS SocCom Team Fatumaca, Timor Leste, 10 December 2022 -- On 8 December 2022, in celebrating the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, TLS Vice-Province also celebrated the first profession of 22 young men who willingly answered &ldqu...
    Date2022.12.11 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views423 file
    Read More
  2. 5895(II)_Thanksgiving Mass for Zatti’s Canonization, an intercessor for all!

By J. Mota SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 18November 2022 -- On Saturday, 12 November 2022, one day before the feast day of the newly canonized saint, the Salesian Family in TLS Vice-Province celebrated a thanksgiving Mass presided by His Eminence ...
    Date2022.11.18 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views377 file
    Read More
  3. 5879(II)_Elise Larsen's fascinating and inspiring Volunteer story

By Elise Larsen DB Training Centre, Timor Leste, 12 October 2022 -- 1. Introduction Let me tell you a little about myself. I was born in Brisbane, Australia and lived there until I was in my early twenties. After I had finished my tertiary ...
    Date2022.10.13 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views549 file
    Read More
  4. 5878(II)_The Celebration of the Canonization of Blessed Artemides Zatti across the TLS Vice-Province

By TLS Soccom team Dili, Timor Leste, 10 October 2022 -- It is with great and enthusiasm that the Salesian congregation in the whole world celebrated the canonization of the blessed Artemides Zatti to the stage of Sainthood. The same, here ...
    Date2022.10.11 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views460 file
    Read More
  5. 5877(III)_Church dedicated to St Callistus Caravario inaugurated in Uaimori Tula

By TLS Soc Com Team Uamori Tula, Timor Leste, 7 October 2022 -- It was a great joy for the people of Uaimori Tula. What they have been waiting and looking for for so many years, finally, they have received it. Uaimori Tula is well known as ...
    Date2022.10.09 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views428 file
    Read More
  6. 5871(III)_Living Laudato Si' in the EAO region

By our own correspondent Dili - Fatumaca - Los Palos, Timor Leste 25 September 2022 -- The 2020 Season of Creation (Sept 1 - Oct 4) is going slowly to the end and we may to share some small but important fruits from across the East Asia-Oce...
    Date2022.09.25 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views667 file
    Read More
  7. 5869(I)_TLS Salesian Youth Ministry Resumes Gathering at National Level

Dili, Timor-Leste, 17 September 2022 -- The Salesian Youth Movement in the TLS Vice-Province resumes its gathering after two years of interruption due to Covid-19 and its restrictions. Fr. Nelson Gonçalves, SDB as the Delegate of the...
    Date2022.09.17 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views439 file
    Read More
  8. 5866(III)_One Chapel and One School inaugurated in Kaiwá

By TLS Soc Com Team Liaruca, Timor-Leste 13 September 2022 -- After some months of construction, a chapel-school building was finally inaugurated on Sunday, 11 September 2022. The Minister of Education, His Excellency Armindo Maia, PhD was ...
    Date2022.09.13 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views366 file
    Read More
  9. 5866(II)_Laudato Si' on the Move at St. John Bosco Comoro Training Center-Dili

By Fr. Jolino Vieira, SDB Comoro, Dili, Timor-Leste, 13 September 2022 -- The Season of Creation 2022 with the theme “Listen to the Voice of Creation” started on September 1 (the day of praying for the care of creation) and it w...
    Date2022.09.13 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views368 file
    Read More
  10. 5864(IV)_Perpetual Profession of Joãozinho Joko Purwanto, SDB

By Julio Mota, SDB Comoro, Dili. Timor-Leste, 8 September 2022 -- After having completed his studies in Indonesia, Brother Joãozinho Joko Purwanto, SDB (aka Bro. Joko) finally made his perpetual profession as a Salesian Brother. Befo...
    Date2022.09.10 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1022 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26 Next
/ 26