Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 874 Comment 0

20181215_FIS.jpg

Immersion in the Pre-Novitiate

By Pre-novice, Thomas Warwara

Cebu, Philippines, 15 December 2018 -- After my college aspirantate in the PGS Vice-Province I was sent to join the inter-provincial Pre-Novitiate Formation Program in Cebu (FIS) where I journey with other pre-novices from other EAO Provinces. As part of this program we were sent two by two for eight weeks to six different Salesian settings in the FIS Province. I, a Papua New Guinean, was sent with a Filipino pre-novice to Don Bosco Youth Centre (DBYC) in Pasil which is a parish, youth centre and a training centre. Through this immersion experience I had three main realisations which strengthened my vocational choice to the Salesian life.

First, my Salesian community experience made me realise that to be a happy Salesian priest or brother who is working and living in a community, one must cultivate the art of humility, mutual acceptance, good communication skills and relationship as well as the capacity to sacrifice one’s own motivations and ideas for the common good of the community.

Second, my experience of accompanying different organised youth activities in DBYC Pasil made me realise that Don Bosco’s charism and the Preventive System of education are helping a lot of young people around the world. The two days of retreat with the trainees at the Don Bosco Retreat House, Mantalongon and the inter-DBYC celebration in Cebu gave me the chance to be with the young, especially playing with them and praying the rosary with them which gave me that inner joy even though I was tired.

Third, I developed self-confidence to share my talents with the young. I was able to recruit students for the musical animation of the weekly school Mass and taught them new Mass songs. I was told that it has been sometime that students played the guitar to animate the school mass. I also managed to teach Futsal to the boys which was something totally new for many of them. During our farewell program I received many thank you letters for teaching them a new game that they can play if there are not enough basketball courts available in DBYC Pasil. This gave me a great sense of fulfilment.

Looking back at my immersion experience, I am truly grateful because it gave me a new perspective in my Salesian vocational discernment. It reminded the words of Jesus that those who want to follow him must give up everything, family, properties and friends but will receive a hundred fold in return.

20181215_FIS1.jpg

20181215_FIS2.jpg

20181215_FIS3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5017(II)_Kool Adventure Camp 2019

By Fr. Joriz Foz Calsa, SDB Cansamoroy, Cebu, the Philippines, 15 February 2019 -- The Salesian Youth Movement – FIS organized the annual Kool Adventure Camp (KAC) in partnership with the Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc. (RAFI), who also facil...
    Date2019.02.21 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1107 file
    Read More
  2. 5016_Magone inspires the life of young people today

ALA_5016 By Our Own Correspondent Liloan - Cebu, the Philippines, 20 February 2019 -- Since 2010 when the Magone Home Aftercare Program first opened, more than 150 young marginalized people have been transformed thanks to this new Don Bosco...
    Date2019.02.20 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views965 file
    Read More
  3. 5014(I)_We can't go to heaven alone!

Don Bosco Home Cebu By Our Own Correspondent Cebu-Liloan, the Philippines, 18 February 2019 -- One of the Salesian Valdoccos around our EAO region is Don Bosco Home in Cebu-Liloan. 10 Salesians and about 100 Lay mission partners are committ...
    Date2019.02.18 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views2070 file
    Read More
  4. 5012(II)_Vocation journey from SYM to the Young Salesian Cooperators

Interview with a young Cooperator Ms Nenith Cuadernal By Our Own Correspondent Mambucal Center, the Philippines, 16 February 2019 -- The following is an interview with a young Cooperator in FIS What makes you happy as a Young Salesian Coope...
    Date2019.02.16 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views906 file
    Read More
  5. 5008(I)_ASC Delegate needs to be fully involved in the mission

Interview with the ASC Delegate Fr Medelino Borgueta ('Bong') By Our Own Correspondent Negros Island, the Philippines, 10 February 2019 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator Delegate? As a Salesian Cooperator Delegate, I choose t...
    Date2019.02.12 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views938 file
    Read More
  6. 5003(I)_Blessing of St Francis of Sales Chapel

Talisay, Lawaan February 7, 2019 By Novice Russell Samonte Cebu, the Philippines, 31 January 2019 -- The Salesian Family, students, benefactors, novices and aspirants witnessed the blessing of the new novitiate chapel of St Francis of Sales...
    Date2019.02.07 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views872 file
    Read More
  7. 5000(II)_Bosconian Code of Ethics - Light of the World

DBTC Cebu 2019 Homecoming Day By Bro. Louis Domasian, SDB Provincial delegate for DB Alumni Cebu, the Philippines, 3 February 2019 -- Just one day after the Victorias DBTI (Negros Island) Alumni Anuual Homecoming, the traditional motherhous...
    Date2019.02.03 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views963 file
    Read More
  8. 4998(I)_Don Bosco's spirit really works through the Salesian Cooperators!

Interview with Fr Ronel Vilbar - SDB Delegate to the Salesian Cooperators By Our Own Correspondent Cebu, the Philippines, 2 February 2019 -- What makes you happy as the Salesian Cooperators’ Delegate? As a delegate of the Salesian Cooperato...
    Date2019.02.02 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views974 file
    Read More
  9. 4994_Blessing our Saints

The new statues of the Novitiate chapel, Talisay City By Nov. Paulo Miguel Calderon Cebu, The Philippines, 24 January 2019 -- On the feast of St. Francis of Sales, Fr. Francis Gustilo, SDB, who was in Cebu to give a seminar to the novices a...
    Date2019.01.30 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1136 file
    Read More
  10. 4994(I)_Bosconians in Cebu celebrate for 9 days Don Bosco Feast

Vibrant Don Bosco Novena in Cebu DBTC (Don Bosco Technological College) By Our Own Correspondent Cebu, the Philippines, 24 January 2019 -- The nine days of Novena to Don Bosco, in the Cebu Salesian Mother-house of the Southern Province (195...
    Date2019.01.30 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views998 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 27 Next
/ 27