?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180428_FIS.jpg

Interview with the most experienced PDO within the EAO region, Ms. Leah Samson

By Our Own Correspondent

Cebu, the Philippines, 28 April 2018 -- One among the few participants of all three PDO world seminars (2005-2011-2018) is the Executive Director of FIS (Cebu based) Planning and Development office, Ms. Leah Samson, PhD.

Can you compare the experience of the three World seminar-workshop on the PDO?

In Nairobi participated only few of us from the 2011 Hyderabad conference, even fewer of the 2005 Rome conference. And it made me realize that I'm growing roots in my work... :)

The specific fruits of 2018 PDO Narobi Conference?

First of all it has a PDO Handbook (Guidelines) as point of reference for all PDOs. Of course, still with many comments from some participants.

This year there is a clarity on the PDO not as an NGO or a socio-civic group but an office at the Provincial and Council under the Provincial Economer.

There is an emphasis now on a knowledge-based, evidence-based planning and evaluation.

The DBN (Don Bosco Network) as driver of capacity development of the PDOs e.g. DBN platform, VIS' project for Africa and Emergency response mechanism

Mentalization on the need to nurture lay mission partners human resources

How was the EAO participation in the Nairobi 2018 PDO seminar?

There was a good participation from EAO in the plenary interaction and working groups. Day 2, FIS was one of the PDO panelists to talk about PDO capacity development from the perspective of the PDO. Day 3, FIS gave input based on its experience on the place of the PDO in the province: what should be taking into account in developing an efficient OPP (Overall Provincial Plan) and how the PDO work at each level of the provincial structure. Ineed the FIS was acknowledged by Bro. Jean Paul Muller as contributor to the PDO Manual.

What do you bring back home from Nairobi?

There is still the need for many Provinces (and Provincials) to have a planning mentality. Yes, very, very important is to develop the research capabilities of the PDOs so suggestions to the Provincial and Council are evidence-based Crucial is to have capable lay people in the PDO to provide continuity and safeguard the planning mentality given the ever changing assignments of Salesians. High hopes to develop the PDOs at regional level e.g. EAO (may this be realized soon).

How was your Nairobi - Kenya - African experience?

We met very warm people. There was a nice weather at this time. We participated in very vibrant Eucharistic celebrations in Don Bosco Utume (Formation House of theology) and more so at the Don Bosco Boys Centre!

NB: The PDO in Cebu (FIS province) has the longest history in the EAO region and became a point of reference for all other similar experiences in our region, like FIN, ITM, MYM, VIE and AUL, as well for the Delegations of Cambodia and Mongolia. Thanks for the sharing!

20180428_FIS1.jpg

20180428_FIS2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5290(I)_Fr. Monix, a passionate and faithful Salesian

ALA_5290 By FIS Commission of Social Communication Borongan Eastern Samar, The Philippines, 6 January 2020 -- On Monday 6 January, the Salesian Family, in the presence of Bishop Peter Baquero, SDB, DD of Kerema and Bishop Crispin Varquez, D...
    Date2020.01.07 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views947 file
    Read More
  2. 5284(V)_Fr. Ramon Pacada, RIP.

ALA_5284 Fr. Monix, welcome to the Salesian Garden! By our own correspondent Cebu, Philippines, 30 December 2019 -- The FIS Province breaks the sad news of the sudden death of Fr. Ramon Pacada, SDB. Fr "Monix" as he was called, who collapse...
    Date2019.12.30 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1285 file
    Read More
  3. 5274(I)_Ang Huling Himala, a play in honor of the Immaculate Conception

ALA_5274 Salesian candidates and Novices By FIS social communication DB Formation Center Lawaan, Cebu, Philippines, 13 December 2019 -- On 7 December, before the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, the novices and aspirants staged a play en...
    Date2019.12.14 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views823 file
    Read More
  4. 5267(II)_Volunteer Experience in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

ALA_5267 “Do not put off till tomorrow the good you can do today. You may not have a tomorrow.” By Ms Dharlen O. Arnejo, SALVO volunteer office Cebu-Philippines, FIS Cebu, Philippines, 5 December 2019 -- I firmly believe that the mission in...
    Date2019.12.05 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views927 file
    Read More
  5. 5266(II)_As a volunteer I became a better person

ALA_5266 By Ms Karen Castigador Cebu City, Philippines, 1 December 2019 -- Interview with former SALVO Volunteer, Ms Karen Castigador How was your volunteer experience? I would always consider my volunteer experience as something very valua...
    Date2019.12.04 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views774 file
    Read More
  6. 5259(I)_Missionary volunteer illuminates the spirit of love

ALA_5259 What Filipinos are learning in Cambodia By SALVO former volunteer – Josteno Hernan Cebu, Philippines, 26 November 2019 -- Another SALVO Volunteer offers thoughts on his experience. How was your volunteer experience in Cambodia? I h...
    Date2019.11.26 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views613 file
    Read More
  7. 5258(III)_Mr. Christine Umpad – former SALVO volunteer in Cambodia

ALA_5258 What volunteers are learning in mission lands Cebu, Philippines, 24 November 2019 -- Interview with FIS Missionary Volunteer from SALVO (Salesian Lay Volunteers): How was your brief volunteer experience in Cambodia? My volunteering...
    Date2019.11.25 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views657 file
    Read More
  8. 5252_Interview with SALVO (FIS) former Volunteer in Myanmar

ALA_5252 Don Bosco's charism is timeless and relevant today By Ms. Zennaida Ann Miranda (Taichi) Cebu, Philippines, 16 November 2019 -- The series of interviews with our EAO lay missionary volunteers (who are sent) and the receving SDB comm...
    Date2019.11.16 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1333 file
    Read More
  9. 5251(III)_Life-changing experience

ALA_5251 SALVO volunteer reflects By Ms Margarita Rio Diongzon Cebu, Philippines, 15 November 2019 -- A SALVO Volunteer reflects on her experience in Cambodia. How was your volunteer experience? For me, it was life-changing because I was ab...
    Date2019.11.15 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1799 file
    Read More
  10. 5247(IV)_“YES!” IDBYC 2019

ALA_5247 SYM Gathering, Cebu By Nestle Jean A. Java and Caren Nicole Lacida Cebu, The Philippines, 11 November 2019 -- The Salesian Youth Movement (SYM) Philippines South – FIS core group spearheaded by Fr. Vince Michael Sabal, SDB organize...
    Date2019.11.11 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1685 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27 Next
/ 27