Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
AUSTRALIA'S BUSIEST TEENAGER: SALESIAN STUDENT

Julian Fox   

MELB: 12th Jan -- Dubbed by the media as 'Australia's busiest teenager', Peter Cole, an immediate past student of St. Joseph's College Ferntree Gully in Melbourne (conducted by the Salesians since its opening in 1965), has been invited by the well-known 'A Current Affair' Program, to be available for an 8 minute profile segment to go to air in early 2001.  Peter says: "I was thrilled with the news received two days after a memorable New Years Eve" - and maybe that is another story!
In the meantime Peter, who last year produced a successful half hour video drama titled "Everywhere you go" that brought his name and his school to the attention of major media gurus throughout Australia, is setting out on another adventure - a ten day journey on the Young Endeavour, a sailing ship on which the Royal Australian Navy offers opportunities to the young and intrepid.  But of course Peter is not just simply 'sailing'.  As he puts it: "Over the holidays I have been preparing to film a documentary on the Young Endeavour which I was selected to go on".
Once he gets his feet on terra firma again in late Januay, Peter will be going to Sydney 'to see a few casting consultants etc.'.  He is interested in Show Hosting.  In the meantime, if there can be such a thing in such a busy life, Peter says "My Radio show on the local radio station is starting up again on the 1st of March for 12 weeks.
Back in the Jubilee Year, Peter managed to get himself, along with a group of teenagers from the Melbourne Archdiocese, to Rome for World Youth Day.  One would not be the least surprised to find him hosting a 'This is Your Life' for JP II, especially since it seems that both intend to stay in the Show Hosting business for a wile yet!