Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
SDBs 'APPLAUD THE CHILDREN' IN STREET WORK

Fr. A. Joseph

COIMBATORE (India): 30th March -- As Gandhi said:, "Listen to the Children and Applaud". Today the earth
supports 2 Billion Children. About 30 million children live in the world's streets, and another 20 million have been displaced, physically disabled, or otherwise affected by war and conflict.   
The reality is no different in the City of Coimbatore, India. In its 'Survey on Street and Working Children, Don Bosco Anbu Illam,  Coimbatre, has come out with a glaring number of 25,000 Street and Working Children in the City of Coimbatore.
Have you ever asked a question and not wanted to hear the answer? Homeless Children do this all the time. One they often ask is. "What did I do to deserve this?"   I can't tell you how many times I've heard a homeless boy whisper that question. . Or how many times I've seen that question in the haunted eyes of a homeless girl. But what really bothers me in most cases,is that these street children don't want to hear the answer.
For the past 7 years Don Bosco Anbu Illam, Coimbatore, has given its mite to listen, love and applaud. Wish, you could join us in this endeavour and answer the Children, "Children of the world unite, you've nothing to lose...for your future is now"!