NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
NITIKA Silver Jubilee

Calcutta, 11 Jan -- Nitika (Sanskrit name which means place of religious experience) founded in 1977 as Don Bosco Catechetical and Multimedia Centre Calcutta concluded an year-long celebration to mark its silver jubilee. Starting with a Seminar on God Consciousness and Human Sensitivity in Bengali Culture (Feb 2002), the celebrations reached a feverish pitch with a national seminar on Formation of Lay Catechists(Nov 2002), Eucharistic Celebration and Gratitude Day to Nitika Veterans and a Biblical Cultural Evening (January 2003) with folk songs by Bengal's celebrated Folk Emperor Mr. Sanajit Mondol who composed and sang in the Nitika's Millennium audio production of Bible in Bengali Folk tunes .
Running up to the jubilee, Nitika received three recognition for its outstanding productions. Its audio album entitled Flame In the Slum, consisting of 10 songs on Mother Teresa received the Multimedia International Award Rome citation (1998). The Radio Veritas Asia Bengali Service Council gave a plaque and citation for its four album audio production of Bible in Folk Music (2000). Again Nitika bagged The Ambassadors for Jesus Kolkata Millennium Award 2001 for outstanding service rendered in the fields of Faith and Communication (2002).
Besides being the pioneer in the production of over 300 sound-slide titles for value education and catechesis, Nitika has striven to be the premiere producer of audio-visuals for faith formation.
Engaged in production, training and research in faith and media education, Nitika also publishes a faith education journal called Catechetics India established in 1983. Nitika director Fr. C. M. Paul is also president of Signis-India since 1998.

EMAIL ADDRESSES
It is about this time of the year that I discover many addresses not working - confreres change communities, change providers and so forth.  Could you help please by offering the following:
1.  Do you know of confreres who were receiving 'austraLasia' but comment that it no longer arrives?  The reason will be a chnage of address/provider which I do not know about - please ask them for their email address and forward it to me.
2.  Do you know of confreres who do not receive 'austraLasia' but who, in your (or their!) opinion might like to?  Then please forward their address or ask them to contact me.
3.  Are you aware of any major changes in Providers addresses - sometimes this wipes out a whole block of addresses for me.  For example, here in Fiji our only provider was is.com.fj then six months ago they announced that they will no longer be known is 'is' but as connect.  Henceforth my address here is jbfox@connect.com.fj not @is.com.fj.....the two have existed until about now, but from now on anything sent to jbfox@is.com.fj will not be delivered.  In both India and the Philippines I think this has happened also.  If you are aware of it, then letting me know what the change has been can help me resurrect a number of addresses on my list.
Thanks.
Julian

List of Articles
No. Category Subject Views
163 India 1757_An attractive programme of life: Da mihi animas cetera tolle - and Exploring Salesian Ethos 14528
162 India 2438_From the Gospels - at a tangent 2341
161 India 1297_South Asia Region takes bold steps forward in communications 1896
160 India 3360_Happy Feast Day - 'Diamond' meditations 1010
159 India 1900_Surprise attack on Nashik seminarian baffles semi 758
158 India 0684_HILL COLLEGE GOES HI-TECH FOR QUALITY EDUCATION 656
157 India 3478_Fruit and testimony of Faith 628
156 India 2400_An appeal against an internationally ignored war 626
155 India 2701_Mother Teresa International Film Festival: coming to a theatre near you? 616
154 India 1634_Leading Japanese car maker partners Mumbai's Don Bosco Industrial Training Centre 612
153 India 3470_Legendary Asian theologian Karotemprel dies 607
152 India 2247_Violence continues; Italian bishops call for day of prayer and fasting 605
151 India 3257_Fr. Wong in Chennai (Madras) 599
150 India 2845_Oh to be 21! Just look at what they can achieve! 598
» India 0647_NITIKA Silver Jubilee 580
148 India 2533_Region tries new approach 578
147 India 1262_Salesian Brother Alex receives India's top recognition of BGVK for long-term watershed project 572
146 India 3340_"Be holy!" South Asia Brothers Congress 572
145 India 0948_Feature Film by Salesian screened at IFFI 568
144 India 1776_A poem about a passionate lover 561
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
/ 9