NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

YET ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE

Quite an amount of extra material seems to find its way in my direction now...correspondents from within and outside the Chapter, taking the opportunity of a channel to keep the conversation going.  I don't mind, except that time is a bit limited and the days and nights here (Suva) are still very very hot and humid - and it's the nights mainly that I can find time if I can find energy!  Last night was a wipe-out becuaseof the Hong Kong 7s.  Fiji almost made it but the colonial mastards (I mean, 'masters') got there in the end.

Anyway, here's some thoughts floating around about the region, following on from Commission #6's effort (are they really called The Taliban back there at GC25?  I've picked up the reference in my brief text analysis!).

At least one correspondent found the presentation of Commission #6 rather ponderous, verbose and not always straight-to-the-point.  (As much of my info was coming from sources within that commission I was not getting that perspective, obviously!).  Whatever, the assembly came to agreement on South Asia and East Asia-Pacific.  Now they need a Regional (two maybe, but let's look at East Asia-Pacific):  Savio Hon Tai Fai?  He has spent time at the Pisana, so knows that scene.  He is presently a Provincial (China), and he manages several languages....but Savio is one name amongst several.

SALESIAN FAMILY AND SOCIAL COMMUNICATIONS

This has been resolved - SF under the Vicar and SC an independent department.  This means that members of the Salesian Family, lay people in particular, will know they are cared for from the top!

ANY 'GOSS' ON THE RECTOR MAJOR ELECTION?

That's what it has to be - gossip, but there can be good gossip, serious gossip.  As well as the expected names, we might want to be adding Pascual Chavez to the list of possibles.