NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
DON VIGANO: COMPLETE COLLECTION OF LETTERS AVAILABLE IN ONE FILE

ROME: 23rd August --  Thanks to the work of (Joe) Thinh Nguyen sdb from the US, we now have a complete collection of the Letters from AGC from Don Vigano's time as Rector Major.  This is a precious collection and is now available on BOSCONET.  Readers may be interested in how this came about since it is an example of good collaboration for the benefit of all.  Some years ago Thinh wrote to me asking if I had such and such a Letter of Fr. Vigano's.  I had several but perhaps not the one he was looking for.  In due course, Thinh was able to scan all of these letters as an RTF collection (don't be worried about the technicalities of that.  MS Word will open RTF files which are basically text files without too much other code by way of formatting).  They have been 'zipped' to reduce space a little, so you need un unzipping program (Winzip 8.0 is free and downloadable from almost anywhere...if you haven't got it and want it I'll send it to you).
Now, one question is: are there more such goodies lying around on someone's hard drive?  Want to share them?  Hardly a day goes past when I don't receive a request for one or other item, and it's great to be able to say, 'yes, we have it'.  JBF