Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia #2563

Important events to conclude 150th

TURIN: 19th December 2009 -- Reports are coming in of events around the Region to mark the conclusion to the 150th anniversary.  We will catch up with these in due course.  But it seems important, firstly, to draw attention to the events in Turin.  Since the texts relating to these were sent for inclusion (in their Italian version) in sdb.org, I felt it necessary to see that they were translated into English, at least.  Other languages will have to await the competent people to do so, but austraLasia readers can at least take some comfort in the fact that they can now access these important occasions in English.
    There are three texts you might like to take a look at.  One is the Rector Major's homily in the Basilica of MHC at Valdocco. A second (and a very interesting one to read in its entirety, one has to say) is his address of thanks to the Mayor of Turin and the entire City Council for the Honorary Citizenship given him on this occasion.  The third is his address to the Salesian Family today - though it seems more specifically addressed to the SDBs, at least from its references.  These items bring the 150th to a conclusion at least in official terms. Tomorrow is the RM's birthday!  Anyway, here are the introductions to the texts, below, and 'read more' will take you to their location in SDL.  Enjoy!

Homily in the Basilica to bring the 150th to a close:
I would like to express my great joy for the grace of celebrating this Mass with you, here in Valdocco in the Basilica of Mary Help of Christians, where we are expressing our praise and thanksgiving to the Lord for the 150th anniversary of the foundation of our beloved Congregation, the seed from which the Salesian Family has sprung. Along with all the confreres spread throughout the world and spiritually united with us today in the Mother house, we would like to thank God our Father, and Don Bosco, because we have been able to realise our existence fully, joyfully, attractively, fruitfully in the Congregation, and understand our life's project more deeply.....
(read more....)  If for any reason this link does not work, choose the English collection, Dates, 2009-December and look for it there

'Thank you' to the City of Turin for bestowing Honorary Citizenship on the Rector Major
In the first instance I would like to thank you, in my own name but also that of the Salesian Congregation, for bestowing honorary citizenship on me just a few moments ago. I am very well aware that it is a gesture of recognition for Don Bosco, whose unworthy ninth successor I am, and for the Salesian Congregation, which began here 150 years ago, and which has become one of the most widespread apostolic, spiritual families in the world.....
(Read more...
If for any reason this link does not work, choose the English collection, Dates, 2009-December and look for it there

Address to the Salesian Family on 19th December before departing Turin for Rome

The commitment to loving him, studying him, imitating him, invoking him, and making him known in order to start afresh from him, rediscovering his most important intuitions, his deepest motivations, his essential beliefs, making our own his apostolic passion which comes from the heart of Christ: this is not nostalgia for the past but seeking the way to the future! He is our criterion for discernment and the goal of our identification...
(Read more...
If for any reason this link does not work, choose the English collection, Dates, 2009-December and look for it there

AustraLasia is an email service for the Salesian Family of Asia Pacific.  It also functions as an agency for ANS based in Rome.  For queries please contact admin@bosconet.aust.com . Use Bosconet-wiki to be interactive. RSS feeds - just go to Bosconet, click on austraLasia 2009 in the sidebar. You will see the RSS orange icon in your browser address bar - add it from there.  Or be interactive with the EAO blog Cetera Tolle. Avail yourself of the Salesian Digital Library at http://sdl.sdb.org

Title: australasia 2563
Subject and key words: SDB General, conclusion of 150th
Date (year): 2009
ID: 2000-2099|2563

List of Articles
No. Category Subject Views
538 World 2594_Amongst the ten most consulted books in the Biblioteca Digital Hispánica (BDH), are four from the Madrd-based Salesian Publisher, CCS. 496
537 World 2591_"Every new book is a new Salesian" 621
536 World 2588_A resource or two 550
535 World 2585_Interview with Don Bosco 360
534 World 2584_Developing countries, communications, earthquakes..... a Salesian contribution 402
533 World 2583_Pause for thought....and maybe action! 320
532 World 2579_Some updates, further information on the Haiti Appeal, other.... 414
531 World 2578_Second International Day of Intercession for Peace in the Holy Land 480
530 World 2576_Saving lives: Salesian Emergency Relief 357
529 World 2575_Resources, responses to questions, updates on Haiti 600
528 World 2574_When 'every child becomes a street child' - Port-au-Prince 346
527 World 2573_Haiti - Help! 622
526 World 2566_'Tell the story of Jesus' - an appropriate New Year's Greeting! 442
525 World 2565_Theology students write grateful letters to Don Bosco 591
524 World 2564_Merry Christmas and peace in the Lord! 345
» World 2563_Important events to conclude 150th 586
522 World 2560_Further resources for 18th December...and other items of interest 437
521 World 2559_Young - and not so young - Salesians to the rescue! 1210
520 World 2558_Halloween pumpkins, human rights and all that 560
519 World 2556_Ad gentes-ad extra-ad vitam: the 141st expedition 535
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 35 Next
/ 35