Next下一页 文章

Larger Font Smaller Font 向上 向下 Go comment 打印
?

Shortcut

Prev上一页 文章

Next下一页 文章

Larger Font Smaller Font 向上 向下 Go comment 打印
austraLasia 1019

Something a little different for the Feast of St. John Bosco.  Some may find it helpful
(additional ideas on a personal plan for life can be found at www.sdb.org /regions/East Asia-Oceania / documents / Personal Plans of Life 2004)

“The project of life of the young Francis de Sales”

Importance of the triple examen of conscience:

looking ahead, particular, of the day past

The young student took note of the fact that dangers for the soul are to be found at any moment for someone living where there are lots of people, and with the help of his Confessor, Father Possevino, and his favourite liitle book, The Spiritual Struggle, he fashioned a programme for life or Spiritual Plan for knowing how best to behave each day and for any occasion. He wrote it down and read it frequently. This is what it says:

1. Each morning make an examen which looks forward through the day: it consists in working out what tasks, what meetings, what conversations and special occasions are likely to present themselves during the day and planning how to conduct oneself during them.

2. Around midday visit the Blessed Sacrament in some Church and there make the Particular Examen focused on my predominant fault, to see if I am working against it and trying to practice the opposite virtue to that fault.

Then we find an interesting detail: for 19 years his particular examen was based on his 'evil genius', that strong defect which was his inclination to anger. When he was already a Bishop and so wonderfully gentle and good, someone once asked him  what he had done to achieve such a high degree of self-control, and he answered: "For19 years, daya after day I questioned myself in detail about my resolution not to treat anybody harshly".. This Particular Examen was extremely useful for Saint Ignatius Loyola, with excellent success. It is a kind of echo of the teaching of à Kempis: "You will achieve holiness if you seriously fight against one of your defects each year".

3. Let no day pass without meditation. For half an hour I think about the good things God has granted to me, about the greatness and goodness of Our Lord, about the truths which the Bible teaches or about the teachings and example of the saints. And at the end of the meditation I choose some thought to ponder and recall during the day, and make a short resolution about how I will behave over the next 12 hours..

4. Pray the Holy Rosay each day. I will not forget to say the Rosary any day of my life.

This was a promise he made to the Blessed Virgin at a time of great anxiety and he carried it out precisely as promised for the rest of his life. But later on he would tell his disciples never to make promises for a lifetime because it could cause them anxiety. Make resolutions yes, but promises no.

5. In my dealings with others I will be gentle and moderate. I will take pains to speak with others about things that interest them rather than speaking about myself. I already know what I will say. But what they say to me might help me to grow spiritually. While I am talking I will learn nothing; if I listen I can hope to learn a lot.

6º. During the day I will think of God's presence. "your eyes see me, your ears hear me. If I go to the ends of the earth you will be there, my God. If I hide myself in the depths, your light will shine on me as if it were day", (Psalm 138). "The Lord will pay each one according to his deeds. Each will need to present himself before God's throne to give an account of what he has done, the good things and the bad things" (Saint Paul).

7. Each evening, before retiring to bed, I will make the Examen based on the day past: I will recall if I began the day by recommending myself to God. And if I remembered God often during the day's concerns in order to offer him my actions, thoughts, words and sufferings. If everything I did today was for the love of the good God. If I treated people well; if I sought, in my work and words to please my own self-love and pride, instead of God, and instead of doing good to my neighbour; if I knew how to make some small sacrifice; if I made some effort to be fervent in my speech. And I will ask pardon of the Lord for the offences that I have given him during this day; I will resolve to become better form that moment onwards; and I will beseech heaven to give me the strength to always be faithful to God; and praying the three Hail Marys, I will peacefully drift off to sleep.

Padova, 1589

From the writings of St. Francis de Sales

List of Articles
编号 分类 标题 查看
78 World 1148_SIP: Not a new province, but 'Come over to Macedonia' and try it out! 309
77 World 1391_Two items of cyber information which are bound to help you have a nice Sunday 309
76 World 0696_PRACTICAL TRAINEES OFFER COMMUNICATIONS ADVICE 303
75 World 2418_Fire destroys part of community residence at Amgalan in Mongolia 302
74 World 1766_A collaborative 'first'. Pat yourself on the back! 302
73 World 2258_Cast out into the deep - the ever-widening net of WYD 301
72 World 0350_SALESIAN'S MOVEMENT MAKES 'CHRISTIANS'WITHOUT BAPTISM 300
71 World 2320_Preventive System and Human Rights: trust, hope, alliance 298
70 World 0730_LIBERIA: BEHIND THE ACRONYMS, THE ACRIMONY. 293
69 World 2380_Looking ahead (with a smile) to Don Rua 2010 293
68 World 1489_Your help requested: a 'portal poll' and a young leaders in catechetics programme 290
67 World 1300_Inside the Vatican: Inside the Synod - for the very last time, at least in this capacity, our expert says! 290
66 World 1146_Small steps towards Open Source 289
65 World 0675_BLESSED JOSEPH KOWALSKI AND THE 5 YOUNG POLISH MARTYRS FROM THE ORATORY AT POZNAN. 289
64 World 1452_Prevention, not repression 289
63 World 2414_'Dream donation' available - could you be seriously interested? 288
62 World 2737_Australia rejoices: St Mary of the Cross "The will of God is to me a very dear book and I never tire of reading it". 287
61 World 1319_Good practice, Better economics, Best...ethics? 286
» World 1019_Something a little different for the Feast of St. John Bosco. Some may find it helpful 285
59 World 0637_AUS: PASTORAL ANIMATION TEAM 284
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next
/ 35