Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia #2528

SIGNIS World Congress: "the best for our project, for Don Bosco....."

CHIANG MAI: 20 October 2009 -- An event of world importance, certainly within the Catholic world, but with many wider implications, is taking place in Chiang Mai, Thailand at the moment: the SIGNIS World Congress - Children's Rights, tomorrows promise.  The Congress runs from 17 -21 October.
    A number of Salesians SDB and close collaborators, along with FMA are present for the Congress, some in official capacity.  Fr Peter Gonsalves, lecturer in the SC Faculty at the UPS is officially representing the Salesians Congregation on the SIGNIS Board and of course is in Chiang Mai on this occasion.  But anyone who has taken a look at the programme will note that one of today's workshops is being run by Fr Tom Kunnel SDB.  Tom is an Indian missionary who has been working many years in AFE, Kenya, and up until very recently was the director of BEAMS, a multimedia production group he has formed over the years in Nairobi. Tom's workshop today will showcase some of BEAMS work, under the title "Developing media education around the world".  Another venture coming from his leadership has been a re-presentation for the African context of the 'Shepherds for an Information Age' Salesian formation handbook for media education.
    Another participant, this time a 'local' in the sense that he is a Cambodian working closely with the Salesians, has written of his experience at the Congress. Kim Sean manages the Social Communication section at Don Bosco Sihanoukville, and is a member of the Cambodian Delegation of the Catholic Church to the Congress.
    Kim writes: "I am doing my best, especially showing our social communication section in Sihanoukville.  I trust in the blessing of God to do the best for our project, for Don Bosco and for the Cambodian Catholic Church.  I did two video clips with my group.  I am very happy with my group - they come from five different countries, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, India and Cambodia".  He goes to say "I think also about the Don Bosco anniversary of the 150 years of the Salesians. I will find a good place to mention it here in Chiang Mai.  I am getting a lot of experience in Thailand.  The Social Communication area is very open to the Catholic Church".

Click here to comment on this item, or here to assist with Glossary. You will need to enter 20eao02 when asked for a password.
 AustraLasia is an email service for the Salesian Family of Asia Pacific.  It also functions as an agency for ANS based in Rome.  For queries please contact admin@bosconet.aust.com . Use Bosconet-wiki to be interactive. RSS feeds - just go to Bosconet, click on austraLasia 2009 in the sidebar. You will see the RSS orange icon in your browser address bar - add it from there.  Or be interactive with the EAO Blog Cetera Tolle. Avail yourself of the Salesian Digital Library at http://sdl.sdb.org.

Title: australasia 2528
Subject and key words: EAO General: SIGNIS Congress Thailand
Date (year): 2009
ID: 2000-2099|2528

List of Articles
No. Category Subject Views
137 THA 1180_106.4 FM: Thai province foray into public radio 565
136 THA 3094_Thai Province celebrates a belated Salesian Family Day 559
135 THA 2907_Thailand: Mini Vocation Camp 557
134 THA 0670_SALESIAN BISHOP, THAILAND, DIES SUDDENLY. 557
133 THA 3130_Asia-Oceania Past Pupils Congress - February 2013, Bangkok 554
132 THA 2235_Working for tribal peoples in South East Asia 549
131 THA 3018_FMA East Asia gathers for a 3-year Evaluation 548
130 THA 1909_Thai Salesian Cooperators' Retreat 548
129 THA 3134_THA: Salesian Family Seminar as part of Year 2 Bicentenary Preparations 545
128 THA Major gathering of Don Bosco Volunteers from Region in Hua Hin 542
127 THA 1532_Timely pastoral note from Hong Kong on death and new life 536
126 THA 3217_First Cambodian Salesians professed in Thailand 536
125 THA 1927_Surat Thani, Thailand: a Salesian mission with enthusiasm, three years after the Tsunami 530
124 THA 0108_SDB COUNCILOR GENERAL FOR THE MISSIONS VISITS DB KUMGI 528
123 THA 3076_DQM first professions in Thailand 528
122 THA 2874_Upcoming Mission Study Day in the Region 528
121 THA 1290_Thailand uses mid-term 3 week vacation for youth action 526
120 THA 3009_St Theresa of the Child Jesus - New Parish Church Opened, THA 526
119 THA 1689_Salesian Sisters celebrate 75 years of mission in Thailand 525
118 THA 1561_Telling the story of Jesus in Asia - First Mission Congress in final stages of preparation 525
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
/ 8