Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia #2432

300 for Mary

PORT MORESBY: 5th June 2009 -- It took a little while for this news item to 'tom-tom' its way across many oceans, but one of the Port Moresby boys, Kennedy Tekepa, has penned his comments on the 24th May celebrations at the new Shrine to MHC in Port Moresby (built through the particular efforts of PNG-SI's grand Salesian missionary, Fr Valeriano Barbero).
    "Last May 24 a huge crowd by PNG standards gathered at the Shrine of Mary Help of Christians to celebrate both the feast in honour of Mary as well as recall the first anniversary of its consecration and blessing. Main celebrants were the Archbishop of Port Moresby and his Auxiliary (John Ribat MSC and Cherubim Dambui, respectively). The candle-light procession for the Vigil was impressive. The presence and animation by the "300 for Mary", a group that was established last year to honour Mary, has shown that also in our country Mary can perform miracles.  This special group of boys and girls from all over Port Moresby, 378 members this year and bound to increase, pledged to come as pilgrims to the Shrine once a month and become messengers of Mary. All were surprised to hear one of the members sharing his commitment: I leave my Christian denomination and from now I am with the '300'!

AustraLasia is an email service for the Salesian Family of Asia Pacific.  It also functions as an agency for ANS based in Rome.  For queries please contact admin@bosconet.aust.com . Use Bosconet-wiki to be interactive. RSS feeds - just go to Bosconet, click on austraLasia 2009 in the sidebar. You will see the RSS orange icon in your browser address bar - add it from there.  Avail yourself of the Salesian Digital Library at http://sdl.sdb.org

Title: australasia 2432
Subject and key words: EAO Provinces PNG-SI 24th May
Date (year): 2009
ID: 2000-2099|2432