Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia 1133

"I'm very happy", says Regional at blessing of new Salesio Polytechnic

TOKYO: 13th May 2005 -- Fr. Vaclav Klement, General Councillor for East Asia-Oceania Region in the presence of the Archbishop, the Provincial, Salesians, staff, students and guests of the new Salesio Kosen Polytechnic, offered the following thoughts:

" I’m very happy to visit this place for the third time, in 2002 with Fr. Tanaka, when just green grass was still growing, then in 2004 with Fr. Puppo, when almost all the school buildings were about to be completed. Today I’m coming in the name of the Rector Major, Fr. Chavez, to congratulate and pray with you for God’s blessing at this historical moment.

" I’m very happy to meet our dear Salesian confreres again as well as the committed and dedicated teachers of this school and the students! I’m very happy with the new name of this Polytechnic: “SALESIO” Kosen".

Fr Klement went on to explain that 'Salesio' means being a visible part of the large Salesian Family with more than 4,000 schools.  It means too that the typically Salesian presence marked by loving-kindness is the trademark of the school, founded on God's love for each one.

The growth of this new – reopened Salesian Polytechnic is a sign of new commitment of the Salesian Society and Educative and Pastoral Community of Salesian Polytechnic, Fr Klement said.  The intention has been to re-launch  not just the school but the education that takes place there in the name of Don Bosco. "It is one thing to relocate a large school 45 kilometres away and quite another to make an impact on the youth culture of Japan!", he added.

AustraLasia is an email service for the Salesian Family of Asia Pacific.  It also functions as an agency for ANS based in Rome.  For RSS feeds, subscribe to www.bosconet.aust.com/rssala.xml  If you subscribe, email this information and your name will come off the regular email list.  RSS really is the way to go.  Think about it!