?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia #2862

FIS: A Perpetual Profession; opening of Magone Home

PHILIPPINES SOUTH (FIS): 28 May 2011
 -- On the Solemn Celebration of Mary Help of Christians, Bro. Louie Domasian of the FIS (Philippine South) Province took his perpetual vows in Don Bosco Formation Center, Lawaan, Cebu. His parents, Mr Vicente Domasian and Fe Domasian watched tearfully and recalled how as a student in Don Bosco High school, their son expressed his desire to become a Salesian Brother. The journey has been quite long and challenging since he is the only son and the brother of two sisters. Bro. Louie made his promise in front of the Salesian Family, his confreres, his provincial superior, Fr George Militante and Bishop Patrick Buzon, the then Salesian Rector who had recruited him. He explained that his scriptural inspiration “Know that I am with you always... (Mt. 28:2),” comes from his experience in life. “God, was, is, and will be with me always. He has manifested his love in so many ways: through the people that have formed me through the years, my Salesian Educators, my parents,  our blessed Mother the help of Christians who became my guide in choosing and living the lay brother vocation.” In his closing speech, he asked for prayers so he could serve the young people, the poor and the abandoned, as Don Bosco did in his lifetime.”

On the same day and as part of the Celebrations for Mary Help of Christians, the Province blessed and inaugurated its Magone Home in Liloan, Cebu.Named after Michael Magone, St. John Bosco's famous reformed oratorian, it intends to house Children in Conflict with the Law (CICL) while giving them formation and having them go through a comprehensive re-integration program. Bishop Buzon, who presided at the Mass, cited that “this is close to St. John Bosco’s heart since it was one of his first ministries as a young priest.” The work draws partnership with several government organizations and key players of the local community. At the moment Juvenile Law in the Philippines is encountering several calls for amendments as it battles accusations that it emboldens young people to break the law and adults to use minors for criminal activities, since the law seems to impose light penalties on those caught. The Salesians play an important role in clarifying the misconceptions by assisting government and non-government through seminars and the designing and implementing of relevant programs for this youth sector. 
 AustraLasia is an email service for the Salesian Family of Asia Pacific.  It also functions as an agency for ANS based in Rome.  For queries please contact admin@bosconet.aust.com . RSS feeds - just go to Bosconet, click on austraLasia 2011 in the sidebar. You will see the RSS orange icon in your browser address bar - add it from there.  Or be interactive with the EAO blog Cetera Tolle. Avail yourself of the Salesian Digital Library at http://sdl.sdb.org