Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
Help Twitter hashtag #db2015 go viral! Don Bosco Birthday Bicentenary

FIN Mission animation mag goes Facebook
MANILA -- The monthly (mostly) Mission Animation e-sheet M28, produced by the FIN Mission Animation Delegate, has switched to Facebook.  A brief note from Fr Ronaldo says:

"We have for the meantime stopped publishing the M28 missionary animation newsletter but we would like to share with australasia News that we have set up a page in facebook where we post missionary animation events and topics.
link is here for facebook account users

We would welcome it if people could know the page so they can post events, questions and the like regarding Ad Extra, Ad Gentes mission work".

This is an initiative worth finding out about.  Not sure if I have the full sequence of events clear, but it seems to follow roughly the following:

In November 2006 FIN held a Symposium on missions and missionary activity, especially in the light of increased interest in volunteerism, and proposed heightening awareness of missions and missionary activity.  In particular they resolved at that symposium to (1) Pray for missions and the missionaries (2) Get missionaries to share their experiences (3) Advocate missionary work amongst students, teachers, friends

Then in March-April 2007 the first e-sheet was produced, running at the time under the title of 'AUXILIARIES OF THE MISSION'. This continued on a more-or-less monthly basis (you can find all the issues in SDL in the 'Region' collection, especially if you check the 'date' tab) until August 2008 when the name changed to M28 (from the Gospel reference in Mt 28:19.

M28 and its predecessor, and now the Facebook version, are an excellent example of mission animation in the Region for one province.
------
On a different but not entirely unconnected note, many readers might be unaware that there is a Google group called SDBDigital which has been active now for a couple of years. It is a link amongst interested and active Salesian webmasters around the world. Theoretically it operates in any language they wish to write in - but practically speaking it seems most webmasters have at least a smattering of English and seem to have little difficulty getting their ideas across.  There's a lot going on there behind the scenes!  Just today, two interesting items came through:

Hello, friends!

I was wondering... How is the idea of an Official Salesian Wiki going? Has it started?
I imagine a Wikipedia of *all* the terms we salesians live with: life of saints, people related to Don Bosco, provinces, info...
It would be an AMAZING way of celebrating db2015!

I think mounting and kickstarting the wiki using Wikicommons platform should be straightforward... 
---------
Hi Sirs,

First of all sorry for don't be so frequent in this list ... i just returned to Brazil after the time in Angola and now i'm working in the documentation of our efforts in TI in Angola, include the upload to internet of UbuntuBosco 11.10 image file ... who like Ubuntu but didn't like the interface of Ubuntu 11.10 will find in UbuntuBosco 11.10 an easy interface ... but, well ... about the Wiki if possible, i would like to help Sebastian.

The first comes from Argentina, the second from Brazil, a lay missionary who has spent the last several years in our province in Angola.