Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia #2875

Australia-Pacific has a new Provincial

MELBOURNE:  24 June  2011 --  Apart from it being the traditional feast day of the Rector Major, harking back to the day established by Don Bosco's youngsters at the Oratory in Valdocco, it is also an appropriate moment to let the Region know of the appointment of a new Provincial for the Australia-Pacific Province in the person of Fr Greg Chambers.  He will replace Fr Frank Moloney, who concludes office in December of this year. We can let the latter's words complete this wider announcement to the Region, as he informs members of his own province of the occasion....
"I am very pleased to write to the Province and inform you that Greg Chambers has been appointed by the Rector Major and his Council to govern the Australia-Pacific Province from 2012-2017 as Provincial. I personally congratulate Greg on this appointment. He had very strong support from across the Province in the recent consultation. I pray that your support will remain with him over the next six years.
    Sincere and heartfelt support is crucial to the Provincial, for his growth as a human being and as a religious leader. The opposite is very destructive, not only of the Provincial, but of the fabric of the Province. At the moment Greg is travelling in Europe, but will be back in Australia on 3 July. Fr Andy Wong and the Rector Major were able to establish contact with him, and Greg has told me that the Rector Major expressed his concern for the issue of vocations to the Salesian life and the development of our Pacific mission. They are certainly matters that will occupy Greg’s time and talent over the next six years.
    Greg has a long experience of leadership in the Province. He has been the Rector of several of our major communities, and one of the outstanding Principals of our Australian schools for many years, only last year ending a long period as Principal at Salesian College “Rupertswood,” Sunbury. We are very fortunate to have Greg as our Provincial for the next six years. I have also spoken to Greg on a couple of occasions, and he assures me that he is looking forward to getting home, and working closely with me between now and the end of the year, so that he can start 2012 already running.
    Greg will be officially installed as Provincial at a liturgical ceremony at Ascot Vale that will take place on December 16
".
--------
On a slightly different but connected note, a group of 'new' provincials have just concluded a ten day session in Rome with the Rector Major, Council members and the various Sectors and departments.  They conclude on this occasion with the Rector Major's feast, an important event for the Congregation in terms of Frank's second paragraph above seen at the wider level.  You will have noted, no doubt, the banner on sdb.org which enables you to drop the RM a brief line - he has already put up a small note of thanks in advance - it would be impossible for him this time to reply to everyone individually.

AustraLasia is an email service for the Salesian Family of Asia Pacific.  It also functions as an agency for ANS based in Rome.  For queries please contact admin@bosconet.aust.com . RSS feeds - just go to Bosconet, click on austraLasia 2011 in the sidebar. You will see the RSS orange icon in your browser address bar - add it from there.  Or be interactive with the EAO blog Cetera Tolle. Avail yourself of the Salesian Digital Library at http://sdl.sdb.org

List of Articles
No. Category Subject Views
238 AUL 2972_Installation of new Aus-Pac Provincial 454
237 AUL 2970_New Chapel Blessed at St John Bosco College, Engadine 451
236 AUL 2968_Salesian School Captains Leadership Conference 237
235 AUL Dromana leader take over school for an afternoon2965_ 509
234 AUL 2936_Double youth celebration in Australia-Pacific Province 345
233 AUL 2919_Catholicism and Salesianity at its very core 476
232 AUL 2908_Pride of Australia 'Inspiration' Award for key Salesian partner in mission 518
231 AUL 2894_Shells Blessed at Australia - Pacific WYD Commissioning 407
230 AUL 2885_Province Day in Australia-Pacific 322
229 AUL 2879_A lay missionary reflects 351
» AUL 2875_Australia-Pacific has a new Provincial 351
227 AUL 2872_Fr Frank Bertagnolli SDB, OAM 588
226 AUL 2871_Ordinations within the Region in the lead-up to Pentecost 298
225 AUL 2858_Australian Catholic University’s (ACU) Doctor of the University awards 446
224 AUL 2842_Mamma Margaret's special role at the 'Town' 578
223 AUL 2825_Don Bosco visits St Margaret Mary’s, North Brunswick 324
222 AUL 2821_Don Bosco's Relic at Monash University 459
221 AUL 2794_A goal achieved and a new beginning 521
220 AUL 2785_Youth Matters in Sydney 408
219 AUL 2765_"...perhaps with the hope that God’s grace could be mediated by this new technology" 426
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next
/ 13