Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia #2500

A common mission for the 140th?

ROME: 13th September 2009 -- Members of EAO have every reason to be taking a close interest in the 140th Missionary expedition.  After all, 14 of the 35 or so that are physically taking part in the two week preparation course before they receive their missionary cross in the MHC Basilica at Valdocco are either from EAO or are destined for it.  Not a bad tally.
    But there is a sense, in this year's group, that they are destined also to be missionaries in a common territory, one which Benedict, somewhat surprisingly for a Pope, has named 'the digital continent'.  That's surprising because while it's an easily imaginable term, and while others have used synonymous references, Benedict can claim to have coined this one in particular in a message that will go down as one of the best in 43 years of such messages - this year's World Communications Day Message.
    The 'new' missionaries (some of them are far from that having been in the field for some time already) have put five questions to this writer, which they want him to address in the course of a full day looking at 'evangelisation in the digital continent'.
    These five questions I have put up on the EAO Blog, and since it's a digital continent we are talking about, there's no reason why I should not go into that class armed with a few thoughts from others far more capable than myself in this game, either in EAO or beyond it.  So, with this missive I am inviting readers to visit this blog - the course of today, if you don't mind!  even in a virtual world I'm afraid time matters, and I'd appreciate your thoughts before tomorrow! - and offer a comment on any one of the five questions which they feel a certain competence to respond to.
    Thank you

AustraLasia is an email service for the Salesian Family of Asia Pacific.  It also functions as an agency for ANS based in Rome.  For queries please contact admin@bosconet.aust.com . Use Bosconet-wiki to be interactive. RSS feeds - just go to Bosconet, click on austraLasia 2009 in the sidebar. You will see the RSS orange icon in your browser address bar - add it from there.  Avail yourself of the Salesian Digital Library at http://sdl.sdb.org

Title: australasia 2500
Subject and key words: SDB General digital missionaries
Date (year): 2009
ID: 2000-2099|2500