?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1532 Comment 0

20151020_GIA2.jpg

By Ms. Izumi Sakura

Tokyo, Japan, October 17, 2015 - Salesian Mission Day of the Japanese Province was celebrated on Saturday 17 jointly with the gathering of the DBVG (Don Bosco Volunteer Group, founded 24 years ago in 1991) youths who made a presentation on their 2 weeks’ experiences in the Solomon Islands.

Prayers and readings of the Triduum preparing for SMD were distributed from the Commission for Missionary Animation, so although on a Saturday, most SDB confreres except those from the formation house next door were unable to attend the gathering held at the parish hall in Chofu, hopefully, we were united in spirit on this day in the special year of DB200.

The 6 youths (2 girls and 4 boys) accompanied by Fr. Peter Shin Mishima, the Delegate for Youth Ministry, gave a state of the art presentation in which we could view their life and activities from various aspects through video, power point and music.

Although the group was smaller and the period was shorter than usual, due to the youth pilgrimage to join the celebrations in Torino this year, it was visible that the DBVG youths had had an intensive experience that touched them deeply and had created a strong bond among each other.

Following the presentation by DBVG youths, the liturgy of the Word was celebrated, presided over by the Provincial, Fr. Mario Yamanouchi. Fr. Mario said in his homily that we should not be discouraged by the small number of laborers in the field and should have the courage to go out on mission. He congratulate the youth for their spirit of going out to meet people, to share with them what they have.

After this time of prayer and reflection, everyone gathered enjoyed a delicious meal prepared by the supporting staff of DBVG, many of whom are also Cooperators.

Many former volunteers of DBVG, young adults, gathered for the occasion, cultivating bonds between the different generations of volunteers. The fact that they continue to return, despite the busy rhythm of life and the many distractions, is testimony that they find something precious that has touched their lives through their experience with DBVG. There are Christians and non-Christians among the youths. Some receive baptism or become active in Salesian works after their volunteer experience.

In the presentation, the words that were reiterated by the youths were, “I realized I shouldn’t take things in life for granted. I’m so grateful for what I’ve received in my life”, “I went to the Solomon Islands thinking I would be giving something, but in fact I received much more than I gave!”

This is the wonder of giving, the wonder of love: you give, you receive more, and you grow as you go out of yourself to meet the other…. This is what is at the heart of the missions as we continue to follow the Missionary of the Father, Jesus Christ to spread the Good News!

Films by the DBVG youths:

watching video 1

watching video 2

watching video 3

watching video 4

watching video 5

watching video 6

20151020_GIA.jpg

20151020_GIA1.jpg

20151020_GIA3.jpg

20151020_GIA4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3782(II)_Bosconian shares the motivation for his baptism

By Tangmo Dechachat, SYM Hua Hin, Thailand, October 28, 2015 - One year ago during the pastoral visit of Archbishop Savio Hon Tai Fai in Hua Hin, Salesian parish of St. Theresa of Lisieux were baptized 10 young people. Among them was also T...
    Date2015.10.28 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1799 file
    Read More
  2. 3782(I)_Myanmar theologate community in Yangon

By Cl. Paschal Kyaw, SDB Yangon, Myanmar, October 28, 2015 - Theologate community was opened in Yangon since 2011 with four students. At present, we are fifteen confreres in our community, five formators and ten students. Our formators are ...
    Date2015.10.28 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1780 file
    Read More
  3. 3781(III)_6th Salesian Historian Congress about the perception of the figure of Don Bosco outside of Salesian Work

By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB Turin, Italy, October 28, 2015 - As the Don Bosco Bicentenary Year draws to the close, we notice the last major event in Turin, Italy: “The 6th International Congress of Salesian Historians” (ACSSA). From October ...
    Date2015.10.27 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1754 file
    Read More
  4. 3781(II)_Sarasit (=Salesian) and Sarasas?

By Our Own Correspondent, SDB Chiang Mai, Thailand, October 27, 2015 - Our Salesian Aspirants of Thailand are studying in three different places – junior aspirants (grade 7-9) in Hua Hin (Salesian school) and Chiang Mai (Sarasas school), se...
    Date2015.10.27 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1472 file
    Read More
  5. 3781(I)_DB200 Exhibit at the Pontifical University of Santo Tomas

By Fr. Drans Nolasco, SDB Manila, Philippines, October 24, 2015 - The DB200 Exhibit is now on display at the lobby of the Tan Yan Kee Student Center Building of the Pontifical University of Santo Tomas, Manila. The exhibit will be until Oct...
    Date2015.10.27 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views2025 file
    Read More
  6. 3780(III)_Meaningful Fruits of Don Bosco Bicentenary in Myanmar

By Our Own Correspondent Mandalay, Myanmar, October 24, 2015 - Although the Salesian Mission in Myanmar was started already 76 years ago (1939), the 80+ Salesian confreres SDB and 7 novices are going through a period of charismatic re-found...
    Date2015.10.26 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1366 file
    Read More
  7. 3780(II)_The provincial of Vietnam makes his first canonical visit in the land of the Chingiz Khaan

By Fr. Anthony Kishore Minj, SDB Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, October 24, 2015 - After being appointed as a new superior of the Province of Vietnam by the Rector Major Fr Ángel Fernández Artime in the beginning of this year and installed as provi...
    Date2015.10.26 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views1454 file
    Read More
  8. 3780(I)_11th EAO Regional Congress of Don Bosco Past Pupils – October 2016 in Timor Leste

By Fr. Manuel Pinto, SDB Dili, Timor Leste - Next October 4-8, 2016 the capital of RDTL (Republica Democratica de Timor Leste) – Dili – is preparing for the 11th East Asia – Oceania Regional Congress of the Don Bosco Past Pupils. This was p...
    Date2015.10.26 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1419 file
    Read More
  9. 3779(II)_The Salesian Family's date Mama Mary

By Fr. Drans Nolasco, SDB Paranaque City: The Salesian Family of the FIN Province held a Marian Rally today, October 24, 2015 at the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians, from 2:00pm to 5:30pm. The Association of Mary Help of Christia...
    Date2015.10.25 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1618 file
    Read More
  10. 3779(I)_Reflection Days on Vocation Promotion

By Fr. Savio Angelo Sanchez, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, October 24, 2015 – From the 22nd to 24th of October a group of 15 Salesians and 3 lay collaborators (who are also past pupils) gathered for Reflection Days on Salesian Vocation Promotion i...
    Date2015.10.25 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1688 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 ... 540 Next
/ 540