?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20150722_PNG.jpg

Raywin Taroaniara delighted to be taking her first shots with a video camera

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB

Panatina, Solomon Islands - Youngster between the ages of 18 to 27 years participated in the second part of the ‘Share and Inspire’ program. It focused on Participatory Video Training and was held at the Commonwealth Youth Program Campus, Panatina, Solomon Islands, on 20th and 21st July 2015. The twenty participants were youth members of the Phase 7 Youth@Work program.

Over the two days, the participants scripted their issues into a video story. They had an interesting time handling the Video camera, understanding its many possibilities and above all teaching, instructing and learning from each other. The practical exercises gave them a chance to learn the different types of camera angles and try out different shots and movements as they put together the stories they are passionate about. The participants were given tips on how to convey the ‘Where, What, When and Who’ in a shot. The emphasis was on the aspects of social change conveyed through the video clip. “The passion of my change is conveyed through my words and expressions,” said David Tarai.

The ‘Story Board’ session, a process started by Walt Disney in the 1930s and soon used by every major film studio, brought out the creativity of the participants. “It gave a visual idea and enabled the participants organize a series of illustrations to give a powerful message”, said Alphonse Ganea. The issues highlighted were Education and Youth Empowerment while other issues of Christian belief, addiction, culture and Environment were also dealt with.

“The visual impact of picture stories conveys a powerful message and has significant impact. This is far greater that the spoken narrative”, said Methodius Iapara, from the Ministry of Youth, Women and children. “We need to encourage and support our youth express their issues through colourful posters and vibrant videos to bring about positive change in our communities and society”, he continued.

“Our sharing gives us hope for a brighter future”, said Eddie Wagiro and “we have learnt that an interesting video can convey our views for change to a large audience”, said Raywin Taroaniara.

“The learning has been through enjoyable interaction and participation”, said Walasi George Kiriau. “We look forward to more training as we strive to understand our life as youth and our role is in society,” said Gideon Mananga. “My favourite part of my sessions have been the participatory activities that we have all enjoyed”, said Hilda Tolini. “Working together with the other youth has helped us cooperate with each other and given us a sense of togetherness,” she said. “The small group work and the interaction” has been a great learning experience for myself and my companions”, added Silas Manebona.

Several participants commented on the cooperation experienced as they went about their group activities while others expressed the need for similar programs. “We need similar activities to be introduced,” said Eddie Wagiro. “This program is very interesting and I am glad that I am part of it,” said Emmy Foroasi. “The sharing and interaction has been an encouragement to each of us as we share our hopes and dreams for a brighter future of Solomon Islands,” said Tyson Nore.

The program has been coordinated by the Secretariat of the Pacific Community for members of the Youth@Work project in collaboration with the Salesians of Don Bosco, Solomon Islands and the School of Communication for Social Change, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia. It enters its last day on Thursday 23rd July, 2015.

20150722_PNG1.jpg

Participants at a simulation game 2

20150722_PNG2.jpg

Participants in song and dance

20150722_PNG3.jpg

Participatory session in progress

20150722_PNG4.jpg

Participatory Video shooting in progress 

20150722_PNG5.jpg

Story Board presentation 4

20150722_PNG6.jpg

Story Board session in progress

20150722_PNG7.jpg

Story Board session in progress 2

20150722_PNG8.jpg

Youth@Work participants being instructed by Fr. Ambrose Pereira sdb at the 'Share and Inspire' Participatory Video program

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3682(II)_Participatory video production highlights change

Raywin Taroaniara delighted to be taking her first shots with a video camera By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Panatina, Solomon Islands - Youngster between the ages of 18 to 27 years participated in the second part of the ‘Share and Inspire’ pro...
    Date2015.07.22 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views5059 file
    Read More
  2. 3682(I)_Tondo gives thanks for the gift of St. John Bosco

By Fr. Edoardo Hilla, SDB Tondo, Manila, Philippines - Let the 30 days countdown begin! The three sectors of Don Bosco Youth Center - Tondo, namely St. John Bosco Parish, Parish Youth Ministry and Don Bosco TVET (Technical Vocational Educat...
    Date2015.07.22 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1945 file
    Read More
  3. 3681_KOR provincial Visits Ulaanbaatar and Darkhan, Mongolia

By FR. Anthony Kishore Minj, SDB Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, July 21 – The Korean province has been closely working and collaborating with the mission work in Mongolia. Every now and then Korean confreres, FMA sisters, various Korean groups, ass...
    Date2015.07.22 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views3293 file
    Read More
  4. 3680_Young Salesians are growing in Chofu

An interview with two novices after 50 years of Mons. Cimatti's death, Oct 6, 1965 By Philip Neri and John Baptist, Salesian novice Chofu, Tokyo, Japan Who is Jesus for you? Who was the person who introduced you in the Catholic faith? Jesus...
    Date2015.07.21 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views2821 file
    Read More
  5. 3679(III)_Salesians of Don Bosco and the Taiwan Migrants

By Fr. Peter Porio, SDB Tainan, Taiwan - The Salesians of Don Bosco in Tainan, Taiwan take care of the migrants in Tainan. In the Salesian parish of Mary Help of Christians, we provide 2 English masses for the migrants and 1 Vietnamese mass...
    Date2015.07.20 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1961 file
    Read More
  6. 3679(II)_Create change through communication and participation

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Honiara, Solomon Islands - The ‘Share and Inspire’ program for Youth@Work participants held its second full day workshop day on 13th July 2015 at the Commonwealth Youth Program Pacific Initiative Hall, Solomon Is...
    Date2015.07.20 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2718 file
    Read More
  7. 3679(I)_Four missionaries ad gentes from VIE ordained priests

By Fr. Thomas Vu Kim Long, SDB Ethiopia, Addis Ababa, June 20 - Fr Giuse Maria Bui Vu Phong, 35 years; Fr Giuse Trinh Kinh Luan, 33 years ago, both Vietnamese missionaries in Ethiopia-Eritrea Vice-province since last 2008 were ordained in t...
    Date2015.07.20 CategoryWorld Reply2 Views2685 file
    Read More
  8. 3678_Prime Minister visits Colégio Don Bosco Fatumaca

Bro. Amilcar D’Silva, SDB Fatumaca, Timor-Leste, 18 July – Colégio de Don Bosco Fatumaca was privileged and honoured to be visited by His Excellency, the Prime Minister of RDTL (Republic Democratic of Timor-Leste) Dr. Rui Maria de Araujo, o...
    Date2015.07.19 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views2692 file
    Read More
  9. 3677_Youth Volunteer project “I have called you friends” (John 15,15)

The Korea Salesians dispatch the Young Volunteers with Medical service team to Cebu, Philippines. By Bro. Hilario Seo, SDB Seoul, Korea - On the 18th of July, 50 volunteers have departed in Incheon International Airport at 8:30pm to help th...
    Date2015.07.19 CategoryKOR Reply1 Views2178 file
    Read More
  10. 3676_2015 Cagliero Youth Immersion

By Fr. Roel Soto, SDB Phnom Penh, Cambodia - Twelve young people ranging from 17 to 32 years old from different Don Bosco Schools in Australia came for their immersion program under the Cagliero Project from June, 29th to July, 12th 2015. T...
    Date2015.07.18 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views1469 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ... 539 Next
/ 539