Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160711_PGS.jpg

147th Salesian missionary expedition, 2016 September

By Cl. Dos Santos Julião, SDB
Practical trainee – missionary candidate

Vunabosco, PNG, 10 July 2016 -- Among the new Salesian missionaries of the 147th expedition we find also one practical trainee from Timor Leste, who applied for the missions already in 2010 (first profession year) to Fr Pascual Chávez. Now, during his final year of the practical training in the new province of PGS is sharing his vocation story. His first obedience is in Papua New Guinea – Vunabosco community.

Why and how it started your missionary vocation journey?

My dream to become a missionary started when I saw same Salesian priests and brother work hard in my own country of Timor Leste. It was the main reason why I wrote the first missionary application to the Rector major, Fr. Pascual Chávez in 2010. I still remember well the reply of the Rector major emeritus: He gave thanks for my missionary generosity and said ‘Preparati bene alla vita salesiana!’ (Prepare yourself well for the Salesian life!)

How do you feel as a practical trainee – missionary in PNG?

I am very happy work in this country of Papua New Guinea. This is not my mind but it’s a God calling. That why, become a religious who have been called to spend our lives, building up Gods kingdom among the young by a God who knows us personally, loves us, has called us by name and set us apart, consecrating us in a new and special missionary vocation ad gentes.

What is your missionary life experience like?

Really, I have still only little experience. My contribution to the Salesian mission is not so much in actions that I do in my life, but it’s in loving the young people entrusted to us. Experience tell me that genuine love is always expressed in close educative presence (assistance) and dedication.

What did you learn so far in the mission land?

Really, in this new place I try to learn very fast the Melanesian cultures of Papua New Guinea. In order to learn the local language (Tok Pisin) l had only two months course in the beginning. Then my rector Fr. Edwin entrusted me with the teaching of two subjects - Agriculture and Religion (Grade 10 and Vocation Trainee 1st year). And of course I’m learning the life in the diversity of our international community of Vunabosco. We are four confreres from four different countries – Philippines, Vietnam, India and East Timor. We have in Vunabosco (Rabaul archdiocese) about 213 boarding students and 11 pre-aspirants with us 24/24 hours a day. It’s a wonderful life in PNG, because I’m able to learn how to live in full the Salesian mission for our youth in need and how to practice in full our SDB Constitutions.

Greeting to the young Salesians in your home Vice-province of Timor-Indonesia?

I would like to invite my confreres in the post-novitiate or in practical training in Timor Leste and around the EAO region to become a missionary ad gentes, to live together with and for our poor boys. In the first article of our Constitutions we read that “Don Bosco have promised to give to God himself to the last breath for my poor boys…” Here in the missions is the best way how to realize the Salesian vocation!

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4067(I)_German Harmonists visit PGS Vice-province

By Ms. Arlene Arbital Port Moresby, PNG, 14 July 2016 -- The Akkordeon Harmonists from the Federal Republic of Germany arrived at the Jackson’s International Airport, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea in the early hours of July 13th. Represent...
    Date2016.07.15 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views770 file
    Read More
  2. 4066(II)_A Joy to be with the Young in the Military

EAO - unique military chaplain (ITM - Fr. Rui Gomes) By Our Own Correspondent an interview with Fr. Rui Gomes, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 15 July 2016 -- Since last 2011 Fr. Rui Gomes is the first and so far the only military chaplain within th...
    Date2016.07.15 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views692 file
    Read More
  3. 4066(I)_Salesian Houses' Correspondents Meet

By Fr. Drans Nolasco, SDB Makati City, the Philippines, 14 July 2016 -- Fifteen Salesian Houses of the FIN Province sent their representatives to the meeting of local news and information correspondents and/or members of their local social ...
    Date2016.07.15 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1471 file
    Read More
  4. 4065_Pilgrimage to WYD is Ready for Action

From 17th July until 2nd August, via Turin By Fr. Ben Kim, SDB Seoul, Korea, 13 July 2016 -- 30 Korean young pilgrims have joined the Salesian Youth Pilgrim Group with 4 SDB priests. Through participating several meetings for the internal a...
    Date2016.07.13 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1153 file
    Read More
  5. 4064_IUS Seventh General Assembly 2016

Five members from the EAO Region By Fr. Ariel Macatangay, PGS Viceprovince First Coordinator IUS-EAO General House in Rome, 9 july 2016 -- Representatives of more than 40 Salesian Institutions of Higher Education (IUS) from 21 countries gat...
    Date2016.07.13 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1854 file
    Read More
  6. 4063_Follow and witness Jesus is our first Mission

Installation of the new Superior of the Vice-province By Br. Amilcar Da Silva, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 11 July 2016 -- The fifth Superior of the ITM (Indonesia – Timor Leste) Vice-province Fr. Apolinario Maria Ornai NETO was installed during...
    Date2016.07.12 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views937 file
    Read More
  7. 4062(III)_First historical joint council meeting

ITM provincial council and Indonesia delegation council together By Fr Václav Klement, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 11 July 2016 -- During the installation day of the new Superior of the ITM Viceprovince, Fr. Apolinario Ornai Maria NETO in Dili -...
    Date2016.07.11 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views851 file
    Read More
  8. 4062(II)_Renewed for the Mission

Annual retreat of the Salesian Cooperators - Thailand By Fr Dominic Suphot Riungam, SDB Provincial Delegate ASC - THA Hua Hin, Thailand, 10 July 2016 -- It's my pleasure to share that about 80 Salesian Cooperators of Thailand have made thei...
    Date2016.07.11 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views696 file
    Read More
  9. 4062(I)_The best way how to realize Salesian vocation - missions!

147th Salesian missionary expedition, 2016 September By Cl. Dos Santos Julião, SDB Practical trainee – missionary candidate Vunabosco, PNG, 10 July 2016 -- Among the new Salesian missionaries of the 147th expedition we find also one practic...
    Date2016.07.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views11620 file
    Read More
  10. 4061_Provincial for the new PGS Vice-Province installed

By Fr Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 10 July 2016 -- Fr Peter Baquero SDB, first superior of the new Vice-Province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands (PGS) was installed at a solemn Eucharistic celebration in the Shrine of Mar...
    Date2016.07.10 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views658 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 538 Next
/ 538