?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia #1250

Old age grumpy or happy?  Your choice
Philippines seminar for men and women religious

MANILA: 17th September 2005 --  Ten days ago in Mandaluyong City, Fr Dennis Paez sdb organised a seminar on old age, on behalf of the Conference of Religious.  150 men and women took part.  The seminar considered the dynamics of ageing and the care of the elderly. Fr Dennis himself presented two talks, the first entitled: Senility - not a natural end but a choice, and the second: the psycho-spiritual preparation for the final years.  Other presentations included one from the head of the Geriatrics department at St. Luke's hospital in Manila and a contribution on the Philppine's experience of long-term care for the elderly by the head of a facility for the elderly.
    Fr Dennis offered seven tasks of creative ageing based on A Time to Live, by Robert Rains:
  1. Waking up- recognizing my own mortality and realizing that now is the time to engage, again, the meaning and direction of my life.
  2. Embracing sorrow: acknowledging my own losses and griefs and the pain of others, that it may deepen my humanity, yielding compassion
  3. Savouring Blessedness: remembering and delighting in all the ways I have been, am being and can be a blessed and blessing person in my life
  4. Re-imaging work: reviewing and revising the ways in which I want to contribute to society, give ‘my gift’, complete my life work, live out my purpose in the years ahead
  5. Nurturing intimacy:  Deepening my interconnections with my  religious family, other family members, friends, nature, myself, God
  6. Seeking Forgiveness: Doing what I can to clear the decks of my relationship so as to enter the later years with as unburdened a heart as possible
  7. Taking on the Mystery: Accepting life and death, and exploring the ultimate meaning of my life with thanksgiving and hope.
AustraLasia is an email service for the Salesian Family of Asia Pacific.  It also functions as an agency for ANS based in Rome.  For RSS feeds, subscribe to www.bosconet.aust.com/rssala.xml.  If you subscribe, email this information and your name will come off the regular email list.  RSS eliminates problems such as multiple mailings, viruses, email bloat.  Think about it!

List of Articles
No. Category Subject Views
50 FIN 3324_Don Bosco's Madonna Debuts in Grand Marian Procession, Manila 567
49 FIN 2693_The Genius and Ingenuity of Fr. Schwarz 568
48 FIN 1395_'Help you receive, help you give', and other messages: Tuloy community bears fruits of its own motto 570
47 FIN 3487_Fr Dominic - man of steel The gift of suffering and union with God 571
46 FIN 2531_Formation and Postmodernity 571
45 FIN 1982_FIN: Salesian Family Commission Spirituality Weekend (and other Salesian Family matters) 573
44 FIN 2062_Deacons ready for missionary action - and a missionary companion reflects 574
43 FIN 2314_Homeless World Cup 574
42 FIN 3222_A MHC Devotional Guide (FIN) 576
41 FIN 3239_Postnovitiate celebrates 'Pope's Day' 578
40 FIN 3318_Word and Life - Wins Three Awards for 2013 (FIN) 578
39 FIN 3307_dream@nine The Hand of Christ? 579
38 FIN 3016_FIN Mission animation mag goes Facebook 581
37 FIN 2127_...and they write to us from Manila, but it concerns KOR, ITM, VIE, FIN/S 591
36 FIN 2624_I am at home: the adventure of saying 'yes' to the unknown 591
35 FIN 0643_MANDALUYONG: DON BOSCO TECHNICAL CENTRE - HALL OF FAME & JUBILEE 592
34 FIN 3367_A case for the Braga Cause 594
33 FIN 2295_Youth Leaders meet to discuss vocations: a vocations slant also on Sydney WYD 597
32 FIN 2977_Aquino and sisters brighten street kids' Christmas at DB Makati 600
31 FIN 2174_FIN has new provincial 600
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
/ 12