?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5381

20200520_PGS.jpg

By Fr Ambrose Pereira sdb and Abigail Seta

Boroko, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 20 May 2020 -- Don Bosco Technological Institute, Boroko was part of the lively and energetic 2nd Media Education Seminar for students which concluded with a presentation of jingles and videos that raised awareness on COVID-19 and the environment. The students are convinced to share what they have learnt and take on practical activities of tree planting and recycling in the campus.

Held at the Emmaus Conference Centre, Boroko on Sunday, 17 May, the productions created by the students reinforced the precautionary measures circulated by the State of Emergency (SOE) controller and on the seminar’s theme: “Keep it Clean. Go Green.”

Present to view the productions were Br Joy Mathew, Principal of St Charles Lwanga Secondary School, Gerehu; Charlotte Vada and Robin Lesley, Representatives of Caritas Australia; Maureen Lesley, Catholic Health Services Communication Officer and religious sisters.

The presentation commenced with student representatives speaking about their experience at the seminar. Following this was the screening of the jingles and short films. With the jingles, the students highlighted the precautionary measures to take against COVID-19 while the films dwelt on the environment. The following are the themes of the short videos:

1. Jubilee Catholic Secondary School, Hohola: Recycling 
  2. Don Bosco Technological Institute, Boroko: Rubbish 
  3. Caritas Technical Secondary School, Boroko: Stop the use of plastic bags 
  4. Marianville Secondary School, Bomana: Chemical usage on the environment 
  5. St Charles Lwanga Secondary School, Gerehu: A minute to save the earth 
  6. De La Salle Secondary School, Bomana: Before and after COVID-19 and 
  7. La Salle Technical School, Hohola: Keeping the environment clean.

“I was amazed at the superior level of presentations by the students. I couldn’t believe they were the work of secondary school students,” said Charlotte Vada, Caritas Australia.

Speaking on behalf of the principals of the schools involved, Br Joy Mathew thanked the Social Communications team for offering this unique opportunity to the students.

He congratulated the students for their public speaking, critical thinking and creative production. The other guests and animators expressed similar sentiments.

The participants are challenged to change their attitudes and behaviour and put into practice what they share through audio and film. “Think not as me, but as we”, Fr Ambrose Pereira reminded the participants as he congratulated the students and thanked the animators. He invited all to reflect on how they could spread the message of Laudato Si and celebrate the Laudato Si year announced by the Holy Father, Pope Francis.

The MES was a three-day seminar held from 15th to 17th May that had forty participants from seven catholic agency schools participating. The program had sessions on the Environment and COVID-19, Audio Basics and Creation of Jingles, Video Basics, Types of Shots, The Problem Tree, Storyboard Making, Film Shooting, Video Editing and Video Presentations.

The enjoyable weekend had moments of reflection, prayer and discussion. The students were invited to reflect on what they put into practice and share their convictions through audio and film to their peers.

The weekend was organized by the Social Communications Commission of the Catholic Bishops Conference and supported by Caritas Australia, CISP, Caritas PNG, MISSIO and others.

Comments from MES participants

“I would like to create more awareness among the students, become a role model for others in the sense of environmental protection and personal hygiene and encourage the teachers to practice what they preach.” – Elisheba Semi, Student, St Charles Lwanga Secondary School.

“The Media Education Seminar has given us the opportunity to learn more about the media. It also inspires us to apply what we have learnt on the environment in our schools. – Roger Frank, Student, De La Salle Secondary School.

“I am committed to helping my school become aware of their actions and start being responsible and learn to care for the environment.” – Karen Limbe, Student, Don Bosco Technological Institute.

“For our school, we will be working closely with our administration in terms of making short awareness on COVID-19. The awareness will be in various presentation modes such as jingles, short videos and monthly articles. We are also taking into consideration what we can do to not only spread the word but practically implement what the students have learnt about the environment and how to conserve it.” – Mr Murray Misha, Teacher, La Salle Technical College.

20200520_PGS0.jpg

20200520_PGS1.jpg

20200520_PGS2.jpg

20200520_PGS3.jpg

20200520_PGS4.jpg

20200520_PGS5.jpg

20200520_PGS6.jpg

20200520_PGS7.jpg

20200520_PGS8.jpg

20200520_PGS9.jpg

20200520_PGS10.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5393(I)_Easter spirituality of the Volunteers With Don Bosco (CDB)

ALA_5393 Sharing of Faith during Pandemic Time - CDB of Manila By Fr. Eli Cruz Assistant CDB (Con Don Bosco) secular institute Manila, Philippines, 2 June 2020 -- Since 2014, the few members of the CDB Center (Group) in Manila, Philippines...
    Date2020.06.02 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views619 file
    Read More
  2. 5392(II)_ADMA taking shape in Kumgi PNG

ALA_5392 By Fr. Savio Angelo Sanchez, SDB Kumgi, Papua New Guinea, May 2020 -- From a group of about 20 devotees of Mary Mary, the ADMA (Association Devoted to Mary Help of Christians) in Kumgi is now slowly taking shape. Sr Alice George, ...
    Date2020.06.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views4699 file
    Read More
  3. 5392(I)_What difference do missionary volunteers make?

ALA_5392 By Fr Arun Michael Charles, Missionary animation delegate for Cambodia Don Bosco Technical School, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 31 May 2020 -- Don Bosco Phnom Penh community has received many volunteers from a variety of countries and co...
    Date2020.06.01 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views900 file
    Read More
  4. 5391(II)_“Teach Me To Do Your Will” (Ps 143, 10)

ALA_5386 Ordination to the Diaconate of Five Clerics of the Vietnam Province By Br. John Phuoc, SDB Don Bosco Xuan Hiep Church, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 30 May 2020 -- At 6:30 a.m. on Saturday May 30, the Bishop of Bac Ninh Diocese, Jesu...
    Date2020.05.30 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views628 file
    Read More
  5. 5391(I)_Pentecost Message from Cardinal Charles Bo, SDB (extract)

ALA_5391 Let's Walk in the Spirit! By Cardinal Charles Bo Yangon, Myanmar, 30 May 2020 -- A JOYOUS, HEALTHY AND HAPPY PENTECOST! To all the brothers and sisters gathered in your houses, Happy Feast. This is a significant day. The birthda...
    Date2020.05.30 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views570 file
    Read More
  6. 5390_PGS: Lay Missionary Volunteers make our educative experience complete

ALA_5389 By Fr. Moise Paluku, SDB - Rector Vunabosco Rapolo community, Papua New Guinea, 28 May 2020 -- Interview with Fr Moise Palukku on the volunteer experience at Vunabosco. How was your community experience hosting the volunteers? T...
    Date2020.05.29 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views569 file
    Read More
  7. 5389(III)_The SYM Japan’s Online Prayer Initiatives on the COVID-19 Crisis

ALA_5389 Youthful Prayers shared on the Feasts of St Dominic Savio and St Mary Help of Christians By Mr. Chihiro Okawa, EXDB Tokyo, Japan, 28 May 2020 -- The SYM (Salesian Youth Movement) Japan proposed and implemented two online activitie...
    Date2020.05.28 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views508 file
    Read More
  8. 5389(II)_A Salesian who brought the Gospel among the Thai Scouts

ALA_5389 Fr. Suthep Chornthong - 45 years of faithful religious apostolic life By Fr Joseph Kriengsak Provincial Secretary THA Province Bangkok, Thailand, 27 May 2020 -- Fr John Baptist Suthep Chornthong passed away at 4:50 p.m. on 26 May ...
    Date2020.05.28 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views393 file
    Read More
  9. 5389(I)_How to foster the Vocation Culture in Australia?

ALA_5389 By Fr. Brian Ahern, SDB Vocation Youth Ministry Australia-Pacific province Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 24 May 2000 -- "I have been entrusted with the role of animation and support of the Culture of Vocation in the Province. As...
    Date2020.05.28 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1166 file
    Read More
  10. 5388(IV)_Celebration of the Feast of Mary Help of Christians in Dalat, Vietnam

ALA_5388 By Fr. Joseph Thinh Phuoc, SDB Dalat, Vietnam, 24 May 2020 -- In the afternoon of 24 May, the Salesian postnovitiate community and the parish of Don Bosco Dalat celebrated the Feast of the Ascension of The Lord, combining this Fea...
    Date2020.05.27 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views341 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 538 Next
/ 538