?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 2155 Comment 1

20150726_AUL.jpg

Our Own Correspondent

Melbourne, Australia - On July 25 started the extraordinary visitation of the Australia-Pacific Province (AUL) with a Center in Ascot Vale (Melbourne – Australia). The visitor arrives just two months after the memorable pastoral visit of the Rector Major to all 6 countries with Salesian presence in Oceania.

During the two months of the visitation as requested by the letter of the Rector major, the Regional Councilor of EAO will foster the communion with the Rector Major and each confrere of the Province, visiting personally all 14 communities in Australia, Fiji, New Zealand and Samoa. He will also listen to all Salesians, Lay mission partners and Salesian family members in each presence.

The Salesian presence in Australia is the most ancient in Oceania (Kimberley, 1923) and has 14 local communities with 95 confreres and 4 novices (2015 Jan 1) of 14 nationalities with an average age of 62. There are also 7 student confreres sent from other 3 EAO provinces in the Clifton Hill, Melbourne, inter-provincial formation house. The Salesian family is composed of seven groups: SDB, FMA, Salesian Cooperators, Don Bosco and Mary Help of Christians Past Pupils, Caritas Sisters of Jesus and The Michaelites.

The province does continue it’s strong school characteristics with about 8.100 students in 10 schools, with 12 parishes and 20 public churches, 2 youth centers, 1 spirituality center, 1 social work for the youth at risk and vibrant Salesian Youth Movement relaunched after WYD 2008 in Sydney and 2011 in Madrid.

The missionary spirit is strengthen by the ASMOAF (http://asmoaf.salesians.org.au) Provincial Mission Office opened 35 years ago and recently (2007) launched Cagliero Project for oversea missionary volunteer services (http://www.cagliero.org.au).

With a slowly declining numbers of consecrated Salesians (maximum about 120 SDB during the 90’) is growing a number of full time lay mission partners (2100 staff full time) well identified with Don Bosco. Most of the Salesian educative and pastoral works are already with the Lay leadership.

The visit is conduced just 6 years after the previous extraordinary visitation. According the letter of the Rector major should help to evaluate the dynamic charismatic identity of the Salesians and their works. A special attention needs also an answer to continuous immigration in all 4 countries of the province that requires pastoral creativity from all confreres and from the Salesian family. Thanks to the relaunching of the Youth Ministry during past decade there are also coming after long time first Australian vocations to the Salesian consecrated life. During the pastoral year 2015 there are in the novitiate in Suva, Fiji four novices from the Pacific Islands and again one novice from Australia.

During the extraordinary visitation will be a larger celebration of the 200th Birthday at the level of the Salesian Family on August 16 in Salesian College Chadston (Melbourne). As fruits of the Salesian Bicentenary Conference in Geelong (Victoria) last January 19-24 ‘Don Bosco: ‘Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow’ emerged 17 ‘Recommendations’ for the future of the Salesian Charism in Australia-Pacific. The process of charismatic renewal continues in the local communities also during the visitation.

As a visible sign of the GC27 renewal the Visitor will leave in each community a larger copy of the Salesian Biblical Icon for the Sessenium 2014-2020 ‘Jesus and the Vine Tree’ (cf. John, 15.1-11).

20150726_AUL1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5343(III)_Interview with Ms 'Taichi' Miranda - Youth Observer at GC28

ALA_5343 Young people dream about the Salesians of today By Ms. Taichi Miranda Cebu, Philippines, March 21, 2020 -- What is your dream for SDB formation? Aside from acquiring and internalizing profound understanding and appreciation on Sale...
    Date2020.03.22 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views703 file
    Read More
  2. 5343(II)_DBTS Celebrates the Solemnity of St Joseph and the induction of Salesian Youth Groups

ALA_5343 By Ms. Elain Magei Don Bosco Technical School Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 21 March 2020 -- The day began with the line formation of new members of the youth groups to move into the DBTS gym for the induction after the assembly at Do...
    Date2020.03.22 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views897 file
    Read More
  3. 5343(I)_”How to make oneself Lovable”

ALA_5343 Salesian Cooperators' advice to young people in conflict with the law By Mr Thanya Sirottanyachock Ratchaburi, Thailand, 21 March 2020 -- The Salesian Cooperators advise the young in conflict with the law to uphold the preventive s...
    Date2020.03.21 CategoryASC Reply0 Views3028 file
    Read More
  4. 5342(II)_Letter written from the heart of the Young People

ALA_5342 Frequent question: What will I do with my life? By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 16 March 2020 -- After four weeks of intense work in Valdoco - Turin, there is a time to harvest the fruits of the 28 General Chapter. Withou...
    Date2020.03.20 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views601 file
    Read More
  5. 5342(I)_Sharing after 14 years involvement in the Salesian mission

ALA_5342 Hopes and Dreams: to GC28 from Australia By Ms Lauren Hichaaba Provincial delegate for missionary animation Melbourne, Australia, 20 March 2020 -- As I prepared to go to the General Chapter 28 there were so many different things th...
    Date2020.03.20 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views692 file
    Read More
  6. 5341(III)_A total dedication to the Salesian charism and mission

ALA_5341 Homily at the funeral of Fr John Ty (1933-2020) By Fr. Joseph Nguyen Van Quang Provincial of Vietnam - Mongolia HCM City, Vietnam, 16 March 2020 -- Dear brothers and sisters: What Constitution article 54 states is also what Fr John...
    Date2020.03.19 CategoryVIE Reply1 Views467 file
    Read More
  7. 5341(II)_The EAO Lion Dance honors the RM and his new council

ALA_5341 The last evening of GC28 with a Feast around the Rector Major By Fr Václav Klement sdb Valdocco, Turin, 18 March 2020 -- On the last evening of the GC28 (last Friday) we enjoyed the traditional Salesian style of the 'Academy - Feas...
    Date2020.03.19 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views505 file
    Read More
  8. 5341(I)_Salesian contribution to the visually disabled in Thailand

ALA_5341 Graduation for 76 visually impaired students By THA SC Pakkred, Thailand, 11 March 2020 -- The Skills Development Center for the Blind, Pakkred, Nonthaburi, has held its graduation ceremony for the blind trainees from the Center. T...
    Date2020.03.19 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views579 file
    Read More
  9. 5340(III)_Interview with Fr. Alfred Maravilla - newly elected General Councilor for the missions

ALA_5340 By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 17 March 2020 -- How do you feel now? People ask me how I feel as the newly elected General Councillor for Missions. My response is: I have tried my best to avoid this election. After my se...
    Date2020.03.17 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1172 file
    Read More
  10. 5340(II)_Don Bosco House at Valdocco opens next September 2020

ALA_5340 Where each stone speaks about Don Bosco By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 17 March 2020 -- Inspired by the deliberation of Salesian General Chapter 27 (2014), the Don Bosco holy places in Piedmont (Turin, Valdocco, Chieri a...
    Date2020.03.17 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1762 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 537 Next
/ 537